spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
I took the plunge and ordered a leather wrapped GT350 style steering wheel with perforated leather off of Ebay. After a little bit of a wait and some customs issues(wheel came from Lithuania) it finally arrived and I am genuinely impressed with the quality of the leather. Definitely exceeded my expectations.
IMG_1653.jpg
IMG_1654.jpg
View attachment 510122
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Competition53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 competition orange mustang gt
I took the plunge and ordered a leather wrapped GT350 style steering wheel with perforated leather off of Ebay. After a little bit of a wait and some customs issues(wheel came from Lithuania) it finally arrived and I am genuinely impressed with the quality of the leather. Definitely exceeded my expectations.
IMG_1653.jpg
IMG_1654.jpg
View attachment 510122
I bought a wheel from eBay too. I was very impressed with the quality. Except mine didn’t come with airbag springs, lucky you! Transferring those over was the hardest thing. Post pics when you install it!

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
What seller did you buy this from? It looks great, and I'd like an all leather wheel, but can't find any.

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Report back when you install everything. Lots of negative comments that the plastic parts (especially the ones at 3 and 9 o'clock positions) have horrible gaps. Hopefully yours look factory, which is the only way I'd even consider such a swap :).

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I have to say, I’ve seen and read many of the threads on here with folks changing out their sticker for an aftermarket steering wheel

and

yours tops all others as far as being a nice upgrade from a physical perspective and definitely one that is not “ugly” or “gaudy”.

Some of the aftermarket steering wheels that are carbon fiber/leather or leather/alcantara just look too fat/thick and very “gamer-like”.

Definitely like your selection a lot, looks great!

Did you have to provide any special instructions to the Seller?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if they can do that wheel with bottom section being the same perforated leather as the left:right sides. I sent a message asking.

and would be nice to have the top black or blue instead of white for my car

doubt they do modded orders though

OP
OP
spectremotorsports

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
I have to say, I’ve seen and read many of the threads on here with folks changing out their sticker for an aftermarket steering wheel

and

yours tops all others as far as being a nice upgrade from a physical perspective and definitely one that is not “ugly” or “gaudy”.

Some of the aftermarket steering wheels that are carbon fiber/leather or leather/alcantara just look too fat/thick and very “gamer-like”.

Definitely like your selection a lot, looks great!

Did you have to provide any special instructions to the Seller?
appreciate it, a lot of what you mentioned is why I ordered this one, I didn’t want crazy carbon fiber or wacky grooves. Just a really nice perforateleather wheel.

I didn’t provide any special instructions, very straightforward purchase and I couldn’t be more please since I was looking at $350 for a gt350 wheel and then even more for reupholstering it.

Sponsored

jojo4711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ GT Premium
Says 15-17, are the steering wheels different 18+?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
How much did you pay? Is there any negotiating their prices?