Sponsored

New soon to be 2016 Mustang owner, But stuck on deciding between V6 or EB

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
People talking about turbo lag with the EB are only reciting 1990s turbo information and have never owned a turbo car.
Sponsored

dentalguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
GT owner here. If I couldn't have the GT, I would have the v6. The money you save over the EB you could put into mods. Most cosmetic mods don't void the warranty either, spoiler, wheels, scoops, splitters, ect. V6 vote!

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
This is my V6- I love it, upgrades to the interior will come when I can do it but I've already done quite a bit asthetically, spoiled, side scoops, GT350 start button, red paddle shifter extensions, going to get a cheap GT upper and lower grill until I can find a GT/CA grill that I can afford. I'll do some more as well and when finished it will probably cost me close to what a base EB costs with a couple of options. Id say get the V6. You'll love the price, the sound and the overall feeling. It's the closest to getting the V8. I had a EB in my Fusion and now in our Escape. Great engine, but doesn't feel like what I want from my Mustang.
image.jpg

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
V6 is a better engine. Also, it is bullet-proof.....has the least amount of issues, compared to the 5.0 and EcoBoost.

And don't get an EcoBoost premium. Money far better spent on a GT base, if that is the case.

what i worry about with the GT is the insurance as well i should get a quote but where i live in south florida has the highest cost in insurance due to all the bad drivers here i believe.
Get a quote for all three first. My GT was around $12 more a month than the V6. You will also spend more on gas......but it is worth every darn penny.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
If you want a more fru fru interior-EB
Dependability-V6.

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
My vote is for the EB, no complaints about the sound mine makes, though of course shes got a few mods:thumbsup:

BoostedRubyRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red EB Premium
I went with the Ecoboost for my mustang because the V6 could not be optioned with all the extras the Ecoboost Premium has. If they offered the V6 in a Premium version with PP package and all the options I have on my Ecoboost, then I would have gone with the V6.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
yeah defiantly showing you stand behind it is awesome to know. I would watch the subaruwrxfan you tube page time to time and when i saw him switch to GT after his occurrences i was concerned a little even though i know he kind of overacts to a lot pf things good and bad lol.
Yea, I wouldn't base it off of his reasoning. I feel like he switched because of peer pressure and he just wanted a GT so used his paranoia of future problems as an excuse. He keeps referencing the Motor Trend article and we know that needed to be taken with a grain of salt.
If he wanted to switch up to a GT then he should just say so instead of all his justifying and overreaction.

Just my two cents.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
eb over the v6...but you know, gt.

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
If a Mustang isn"t a GT it"s a WANNA BE!!!!!!!!

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
I had a 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 for a over two years which was a very fun car, very nimble and quick, I felt like the car was trying to kill me. I imagine that the Ecoboost is just a RWD version of my old MS3.

But I most definitely enjoy my 2015 V6 Mustang much more than my MS3, reason being the power seems much more linear, instantaneous, more smooth, and it sounds much better/stronger outside of the car and inside the cabin.

The V6 was the perfect choice for me because I don't need leather seats (uncomfortable in hot weather), and big screens annoy me. I also got my V6 for only 21k which is a steal. From my experience driving other turbo cars plus my MS3 compared to driving NA cars such as my V6 and GT's that I have test driven, I enjoy an NA car more.

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
I had a 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 for a over two years which was a very fun car, very nimble and quick, I felt like the car was trying to kill me. I imagine that the Ecoboost is just a RWD version of my old MS3.
:headbonk: really?

OP
OP
StangsofMIA

StangsofMIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
soon to be Mustangowner
i remember when i was big in hot hatches i was thinking of that car or the focus st
Sponsored