Sponsored

New soon to be 2016 Mustang owner, But stuck on deciding between V6 or EB

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Whatever you get.......get the manual, its much more fun.
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Whatever you get.......get the manual, its much more fun.
Yes more fun to drive til that mt-82 starts clunking. You'll win more races with an automatic! Winning is more fun then rowing!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes more fun to drive til that mt-82 starts clunking. You'll win more races with an automatic! Winning is more fun then rowing!
Rowing is far more fun when you're not drag racing, which for most of us, is 99.9% of the time.

proj_vulpix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
I think your main choices should be either EB or GT..I loved both and im leaning more towards the GT since itll be a weekend car anyways and if i dont like it i can always trade it in for an EB and get money back for it.

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
If it's a weekend car get the GT.

Sponsored

EddieGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Challenger SRT8, 67 Fastback
Less than 1% of mustang owners race or track their cars. For those that enjoy the true connection to a sports car, particularly a V8, then manual transmission is a must. The end of a race is a destination. How you get there, win or lose, is the fun part.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Less than 1% of mustang owners race or track their cars. For those that enjoy the true connection to a sports car, particularly a V8, then manual transmission is a must. The end of a race is a destination. How you get there, win or lose, is the fun part.

The only real tranny to row with is a tremec magnum. The mt-82 is junk you will learn that in due time. besides winning on the street is just as fun as winning at the track! all things equal you'll get your ass dragged by an auto..we don't build power for a car connection, we build power to drag someone's ass....got my 1st kill in my new car last night, my car is stock now but in a month my car will be completely modded....looking forward to it...see you on the street since you don't go to the track.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The only real tranny to row with is a tremec magnum. The mt-82 is junk you will learn that in due time. besides winning on the street is just as fun as winning at the track! all things equal you'll get your ass dragged by an auto..we don't build power for a car connection, we build power to drag someone's ass....got my 1st kill in my new car last night, my car is stock now but in a month my car will be completely modded....looking forward to it...see you on the street since you don't go to the track.
I'm pretty happy with mine with just the addition of a shifter bushing and different shift knob. For corner carving and daily driving (non stop and go), the manual is far more fun. You clearly have different goals than many of us.

lucasszy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 6MT

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
I have not driven an auto since my parents Lincoln Colony Park station wagon. Until I cannot get a manual I will.

Sponsored

Tutone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 MT
I just placed an order for a 2017 V6 MT. I test drove the EB and the GT as well but after doing all the homework the six cylinder just made sense for me. Also, you can still get the 051A package with 3:55 here in Canada so that helped make my mind up for me...

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
I just placed an order for a 2017 V6 MT. I test drove the EB and the GT as well but after doing all the homework the six cylinder just made sense for me. Also, you can still get the 051A package with 3:55 here in Canada so that helped make my mind up for me...
Good job. :cheers:

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Yea I don't see much GT/SS/RT owners actually track their cars and they just use it as daily drivers...which makes me laugh because these are the same people that will talk crap about everyone else's car on the internet.
If I had a v8 muscle car id try to be as Dominic Toretto at Race Wars as much as possible haha.

As far as having a manual. For me it’s almost therapeutic, sometimes I’ll just go out for a drive and the shifting makes me forget about everything, it’s just me, the car, and the road. Sure it can be a pain in traffic but it is so 2nd nature to me that I don’t even really think about it anymore. Yes it may be slower than auto but driver feel is the most important thing for me.
Last year I rented a 2015 Charger RT for a trip to SoCal with my cousins and I nearly fell asleep driving, my cousin ended up driving the rest of the way, I didn’t enjoy the paddle shifters either. While the car was definitely fast, I still couldn’t wait to come home to my little V6 Mustang. I enjoy my car more than I did that Hemi simply because I need a stick shift.

With that being said, the funnest car I have ever driven was a 2016 Mustang GT w/ MT. My next car will be a GT with a Manual. If manual is not offered by then, I’ll go lightly used GT’s or even import if I have to.
Sponsored