New shift knob with manual boot in auto

Exhausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1 A10
Bought an SR shift knob for my 19’ A10 car and thought it would look much better with the manual shift boot.
Install was super easy, just tricky to get to the screws while lining everything up.
D44A7099-35A1-4226-BF8B-2E9808E4E571.jpeg
F3C32800-36A3-4EE1-B5E4-B472635BFAA0.jpeg
98C597A0-AD49-4BE7-813A-A4CAFF7DED1D.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Love the look but wish someone would make one with a Delrin or other plastic shift knob. Carbon fiber would be cool too. I’m in AZ and in the summer the metal shift knobs (like the old Bullitt one from the New Edge cars) get extremely hot.

Does the boot fit well even when pulled all the way down to Sport mode?

Last edited:

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
This is exactly what I am doing. I'm just waiting on the manual shift boot. It looks so much better, IMHO.

I got the lightning blue kit from WM. Looks awesome.

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
I have the red SR knob, red surround coming from 5spurs and trying to determine the boot I should get. White or red stiching. I much prefer the red knob over the stock one.

OP
OP
Exhausted

Exhausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1 A10
thanks, I wanted the white stitching to match the Katzkin leather that goes in next month.

Sponsored

Templarum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Templarum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT
so after thinking about this I returned the SR shifter and ordered the Barton. In white/ brushed finish. It will be here Sat.....
I think you'll be happy with it. Does get a little hot in the summer, though.

OP
OP
Exhausted

Exhausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1 A10
I think you'll be happy with it. Does get a little hot in the summer, though.
I think so, the SR piece looked nice but felt so cheap. Plus I really wanted white to match the car. I noticed your trim ring is chrome like the one I got. My factory one is dull compared to the manual boot I got. So I am debating on which to use now.

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I think so, the SR piece looked nice but felt so cheap. Plus I really wanted white to match the car. I noticed your trim ring is chrome like the one I got. My factory one is dull compared to the manual boot I got. So I am debating on which to use now.
I like the look of the Barton’s overall but so think they sit up too high. I’m thinking of going with one of the WhiteMadnessGarage ones as the short version sits about perfect to me.

I’m a little worried about the heat of a metal knob, as I live in AZ and park the car in the sun quite a bit, but we will see how that goes.

Sponsored

Templarum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT
As it sits now it's positioned perfectly for resting your hand on it comfortably with your forearm on the console. I think that if it were lower it would present an unnatural and potentially uncomfortable angle on your wrist.

Knob gets stupid hot in sun as most lumps of metal are apt to do. I'm lucky that mine lives in either a garage or a parking deck 98 percent of the time. Otherwise I'd probably find some kind of cover for it.

I really like the look of it. Got the GT350R steering wheel for my B-day and the red highlights are going to match it near perfectly. Originally I wanted the standard shift boot with the red stitching but they were out of them. Now I'm glad that I have the black on black, and I have decided against going with new boots and panels with the red stitching as well. The only thing missing is the new digital dash...

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Knob gets stupid hot in sun as most lumps of metal are apt to do. I'm lucky that mine lives in either a garage or a parking deck 98 percent of the time. Otherwise I'd probably find some kind of cover for it.
Yeah mine is in covered parking most of the time as well. No need for a sunshade anymore. I would just lay a towel, hat, or sock over it to keep the sun off of it.

familyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ruby Red
Those look really good! :thumbsup: I remember back in the day, I put a Hurst t-handle shifter knob on my 1988 GT, it got hot as the devil in the summer.:devil: