effektz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Hello everyone!

I am a proud new owner of a 2017 GT350 however this poor Shelby was previously stolen before I found her at an auction and I am trying to bring her back to a complete state before jumping into mods. I have a couple things I am having trouble locating the parts for and was hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

First is both the engine and rear undercarriage splash shields are hanging by dear life but are dragging on the ground. I cannot find a diagram of the parts that hold these pieces to the car to figure out what pieces are missing (like are there bolts missing or just clips and if so trying to find the part numbers to order). Does anyone have a good link for both of these shields?

Second and most odd, the people who stole it actually took the Shelby chassis plate from the dashboard. Does anyone know if you can order this from Ford? Last time I went to Ford, they couldn’t even tell me the chassis number when I gave them the VIN so not sure if they just didn’t care or if they can’t actually get that info.

I am sure I will find more issues (like passenger side door window is in lock position at all times) as I inspect the car more but if anyone can help with the 2 above I would be most appreciative!

Here are some pics as she got delivered from the auction
81DD3635-E71F-4CB7-8349-7B3E3E4BFC59.jpeg
E74EA6D9-5AFC-4569-BA89-B38CDA100275.jpeg
E302022A-1753-4746-8A6B-8EDED9092F0A.jpeg

And here is the missing chassis plate
D3F1C321-3EDF-4958-9C54-001D05DE164D.jpeg
Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Hello everyone!

I am a proud new owner of a 2017 GT350 however this poor Shelby was previously stolen before I found her at an auction and I am trying to bring her back to a complete state before jumping into mods. I have a couple things I am having trouble locating the parts for and was hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

First is both the engine and rear undercarriage splash shields are hanging by dear life but are dragging on the ground. I cannot find a diagram of the parts that hold these pieces to the car to figure out what pieces are missing (like are there bolts missing or just clips and if so trying to find the part numbers to order). Does anyone have a good link for both of these shields?

Second and most odd, the people who stole it actually took the Shelby chassis plate from the dashboard. Does anyone know if you can order this from Ford? Last time I went to Ford, they couldn’t even tell me the chassis number when I gave them the VIN so not sure if they just didn’t care or if they can’t actually get that info.

I am sure I will find more issues (like passenger side door window is in lock position at all times) as I inspect the car more but if anyone can help with the 2 above I would be most appreciative!

Here are some pics as she got delivered from the auction
81DD3635-E71F-4CB7-8349-7B3E3E4BFC59.jpeg
E74EA6D9-5AFC-4569-BA89-B38CDA100275.jpeg
E302022A-1753-4746-8A6B-8EDED9092F0A.jpeg
As someone who has ripped off the engine belly pan during an off track excursion, I can tell you that you might be able to salvage the belly pan as long as there aren’t any holes in it. There are 12’ish screws that hold the belly pan to the chassis. There’s also a large push-in style plastic retailer in the middle (left to right) and towards the back of the belly pan (rearward.) In the chassis there are insertable clips that receive the screws. If you’re lucky, the screws were yanked out still holding the clips. In this case you’ll just need to replace the clips and you’re good to go. Sometimes the clips and screws are still holding onto pieces of your belly pan and you’ll find a few holes in the belly pan. In that case, the belly pan is a pricey one.

I suggest getting a good look under the car and figuring out if you just need to replace the clips/screws, or if you’re looking at a full panel replacement. Then head to a dealer parts department and have them bring up the diagrams and figure out what you need. You’ll find some Belly pan removal videos online by googling.

Goodluck.

attached was my belly pan after a (cough) forceful removal. Areas in blue are where the clips and screws held on and ripped holes.

872E7500-7C76-40FE-B974-1BEF69E5E747.png

Last edited:

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
So, this is a salvage title now? Make sure the battery is really good as that can cause issues, like maybe the inoperative window. Ford won’t be able to print that chassis plate, so you may need to get creative with a 3D printer.

s2ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350 - 6S1757, 2017 GT350 - H3303
Who did you talk with at Ford about the chassis plate?

If you haven't already call Ford Performance directly at: 1-800-367-3788, hopefully they can match your chassis number with the VIN. They were able to get me a new Owner's Supplement package when the dealer "lost" the original.

Good luck!

OP
OP
effektz

effektz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Who did you talk with at Ford about the chassis plate?

If you haven't already call Ford Performance directly at: 1-800-367-3788, hopefully they can match your chassis number with the VIN. They were able to get me a new Owner's Supplement package when the dealer "lost" the original.

Good luck!
Thank you for the number! Called and was able to get the Chassis number and they confirmed that Ford only made 1 run of the plates so you cant order another one. Seems like a perfect project for my 3D printer. He also did tell me that in 2017 there were 6,173 GT350s and it appears mine is a late model as the build number was H4679

Sponsored

OP
OP
effektz

effektz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
So, this is a salvage title now? Make sure the battery is really good as that can cause issues, like maybe the inoperative window. Ford won’t be able to print that chassis plate, so you may need to get creative with a 3D printer.
Yes looks like Ill have to 3D print one. It is a Salvage title but in Texas looks like I can get it changed to at least a rebuilt. Insurance didnt have a problem insuring the car since its a theft recovery. One more step I have to do is get a replacement VIN plate in the windshield as the thiefs cut the windshield and stole that too. However overall car is in good shape, so far just cosmetic stuff!

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
One more step I have to do is get a replacement VIN plate in the windshield as the thiefs cut the windshield and stole that too.
Whoa - that raises some flags. You may want to check with your DMV or local law enforcement to see what, if anything, can be done to restore the original VIN to the vehicle. Altering that can have US federal implications, as well.

Also, based on the missing chassis (dash) tag and the VIN tag, I'm guessing that there is another stolen GT350 out there that is about to be re-tagged, so buyers beware of another car with chassis (dash) tag H4679.

OP
OP
effektz

effektz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Whoa - that raises some flags. You may want to check with your DMV or local law enforcement to see what, if anything, can be done to restore the original VIN to the vehicle. Altering that can have US federal implications, as well.

Also, based on the missing chassis (dash) tag and the VIN tag, I'm guessing that there is another stolen GT350 out there that is about to be re-tagged, so buyers beware of another car with chassis (dash) tag H4679.
I already checked with the DOT and there is a process in which I can get a new plate with the original VIN put back on the car by them. Its a lot of paperwork but I am already underway on that! The car was stolen on the East Coast in Virginia so if someone comes across it, grab the plate off the dash, call the cops, then send me a message :crackup:

Sponsored

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Hmmm.... coastal Virginia..... wonder if there's a retagged car headed somewhere in a container.

Cleesj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP 401a 6MT MP
I'm not much help for the under belly pan, but possibly for the window. Does the window still operate? Just doesn't come down a bit when you go to open the door?
My dad's S197 Mustang had a similar issue, and the fix was to bring the window all the way up, then hold up on the window switch in the car for 10 seconds or so and it did a reset on the switch and operated as it's supposed to after that. Not sure if that will do it for you, but a simple thing worth a shot I would think.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
You didn’t get this from a salvager right? Sometimes they remove VIN tags and identifiers so cars cannot be rebuilt. Are you sure they were removed by the car thieves? I don’t know why they would do that as a missing VIN plate would immediately set off alarms.

OP
OP
effektz

effektz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
You didn’t get this from a salvager right? Sometimes they remove VIN tags and identifiers so cars cannot be rebuilt. Are you sure they were removed by the car thieves? I don’t know why they would do that as a missing VIN plate would immediately set off alarms.
No bought it at an auction straight from the insurance company. I don’t know why the insurance company would cut the vin out if it was a theft recovery? Ultimately as long as I can insure it and register it I’ll be happy. I bought this car to work on and have fun with my son as he grows up so I have absolutely no plans of ever selling it. Here is a pic of the windshield where they cut the vin.
74038C2A-3448-4CBA-BC7D-41A5C2F06A37.jpeg

I think the door is messed up because I suspect that’s how they broke in but not quite sure.
Sponsored