Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
My guess is these are all GT350's at various timing/tunes to get things set for the final release on power and torque and emissions figures before they actually hit the ground in the showrooms. The 0-60, stopping distances, lateral G's. Basically buttoning down the numbers before going to the consumers. The front fenders and side skirts would all indicate they are the same car. The rear wing is the Steeda tru-downforce racing wing. Which is good to know since sits well on the S550.
Sponsored

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
The front splitter on both do not extend out enough to identify either as an "R" variant. The last one only shows us the back side. But the side fender vents and the side ailerons on the front of the side skirts all indicate a GT350. Since the Wing is NOT the CF variant and the splitter is not pronounced. We can only guess based off what we do know about the GT350.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' fusion 14 explorer sport
Doubt if you would like...THAT CAR was here on my AWD dyno in December. They even left it overnight.
So your saying that the Boss LS is a mule car and looks are deceiving right? I wouldn't be suprised. In 2012 I was at a gas station and a 2011 mustang gt pulled up and got gas. It looked like crap, it had welds and weird seams. It had small camo pieces all over it. The dash was ripped apart and the guy told me to look under the back but dont take pics. It had an IRS under it. He said it had a modified chassis but engine and trans was not a prototype.

So all in all it could be an older mule b/c we know how sneaky Ford is, just look at the aluminum 2014 F150 that ran Baja w/ a 2.7 EB.

Sponsored

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The front splitter on both do not extend out enough to identify either as an "R" variant. The last one only shows us the back side. But the side fender vents and the side ailerons on the front of the side skirts all indicate a GT350. Since the Wing is NOT the CF variant and the splitter is not pronounced. We can only guess based off what we do know about the GT350.
Your right but these are all "mules" considering the camo, so everything might not be 100% what we saw at the Car shows and releases. Hell, Ford even said the cars on the stage were subject to changes before production.

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
I have no idea, but hoping for gt500!! I'm ready to buy one!!! My gt pp power is not enough.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I almost bought a CO GTPP but bought a fusion instead. I wanted a beater..LOL. But seriously I want to wait and see what happens. I don't want to buy a GT and a Mach 1 comes out.

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
D6/CD6 rear and all-wheel drive platform for next MKS plus modified for Focus RS

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I'll edit my last post here...as per Mustangfamily03...

The third car with it's back to the camera is in fact a Boss 302. What variant is not clear.

Again this would be the baseline car to test the other two against. The Boss 302 of course being the benchmark to beat again for finalizing the numbers prior to the release of the GT350's.

So if the cars with the wings are benchmarking against the "R" with the added rear downforce and the one without the wing is the GT350 without the wing .... either way they are trying to establish the baseline performance figures against a car that has already been in the lineup for the same demographic of buyers.

I did a blowup of the third car... you can clearly see the taillights and the profile along with the c-pillar....this is an s197. If its a benchmark vehicle...then we can safely assume it is a Boss.

Sponsored