Sponsored

New Shelby at the drag strip or ???

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' fusion 14 explorer sport
I'll edit my last post here...as per Mustangfamily03...

The third car with it's back to the camera is in fact a Boss 302. What variant is not clear.

Again this would be the baseline car to test the other two against. The Boss 302 of course being the benchmark to beat again for finalizing the numbers prior to the release of the GT350's.

So if the cars with the wings are benchmarking against the "R" with the added rear downforce and the one without the wing is the GT350 without the wing .... either way they are trying to establish the baseline performance figures against a car that has already been in the lineup for the same demographic of buyers.

I did a blowup of the third car... you can clearly see the taillights and the profile along with the c-pillar....this is an s197. If its a benchmark vehicle...then we can safely assume it is a Boss.

That's what I think.. But sometimes Ford fools us, they are getting very sneaky about it. I just go with the flow!
Sponsored

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
It still means they are all mules for testing purposes. I wouldn't think these are for anything other than getting their facts straight on the GT350 performance specifications prior to the actual shipping of these vehicles.

sj90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 V6 Mustang
The only real sign I see is the one on the left has GT350 wheels and the one in the middle has GT350R wheels. Not saying ford couldn't just change them, but that's the best clue I see. Both appear to have the vent behind the front wheel too, so it's unlikely either is a GT.

Also that is, or is supposed to look like, a 2012 Boss 302LS. It has the red striping, roof and wheels. None of that is available on the standard Boss.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
On a closed dragstrip the Powerplant figures would make sense as the benchmark tests. Also possibly testing the integrity of some of the underpinnings. The half shafts durability and possibly the drive shafts for hard launches.

Still for a real power benchmark they should use a 2013/14 GT500.

Sponsored

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
The only real sign I see is the one on the left has GT350 wheels and the one in the middle has GT350R wheels. Not saying ford couldn't just change them, but that's the best clue I see. Both appear to have the vent behind the front wheel too, so it's unlikely either is a GT.

Also that is, or is supposed to look like, a 2012 Boss 302LS. It has the red striping, roof and wheels. None of that is available on the standard Boss.
I think the Boss302 LS also came with the machine finished wheels. But the LS was a black car with red accents and wheels.

Not really seeing that in the image??? Either way...The 302LS was not as quick in the 1/4s as the GT's. So again for a power plant benchmark...they picked the wrong car. For actual track testing it would've been the right choice.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
D6/CD6 rear and all-wheel drive platform for next MKS plus modified for Focus RS
Rear wheel drive MKS? What about the Taurus? We know the SHO already has AWD. MKS and Focus share modified platform? Sooo many questions...

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I think the Boss302 LS also came with the machine finished wheels. But the LS was a black car with red accents and wheels.
2012 Boss 302 LS(car in OP's picture) came with painted wheels that had a machine finish on the top flat surfaces. Only the aftermarket versions of the wheels were machine finished throughout.

sj90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 V6 Mustang

Not really seeing that in the image??? Either way...The 302LS was not as quick in the 1/4s as the GT's. So again for a power plant benchmark...they picked the wrong car. For actual track testing it would've been the right choice.
Here's a blown up shot of the full size image. Shows the details better.

LS.jpg

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Well, now that I we have seen there is a slight kick-up in the rear, a solid axle conversion is very possible. Someone above said drivetrain testing, wonder what???

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Well, now that I we have seen there is a slight kick-up in the rear, a solid axle conversion is very possible. Someone above said drivetrain testing, wonder what???
Solid axle? Could those be new Cobra Jet derivatives? I don't see any cowl induction style hoods though. Maybe the TT Coyote doesn't need it, better aero and forward vision anyways. They don't seem to have the big slicks out back though.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, he said powertrain testing, not drivetrain testing. He said the Boss in the picture was testing a new powertrain or different powertrain at least. It may be a 2.7 EB for all we know. Livernois won't let the cat completely out of the bag, even though its screaming to come out!:rant:

Topnotch mentioned testing AWD on MKS... different story I believe. Don't know if it's related. He just kinda jumps in and drops subtle remarks and dissapears to a new thread.. lol. No explanation.:shrug:

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Solid axle? Could those be new Cobra Jet derivatives? I don't see any cowl induction style hoods though. Maybe the TT Coyote doesn't need it, better aero and forward vision anyways. They don't seem to have the big slicks out back though.
What? :lol:
Sponsored