• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Sold: EcoBoost (NEW/Sealed)CPE Intercooler, $250, local preferred

OP
OP

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
Is this considered a "street" version that would fit the factory mount points? And what do you think installation costs would be? Thanks in advance.
Installation would probably cost 1.5-2.5 hours of labor, guessing somewhere between $150-300 depends on where you take it. I would plan $200 just in case.

ittakes6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dwight
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Thanks for the info - great price for it but I need to weigh the cost to the benefits of having it. If I can ask you what lead you to purchase it? Thanks again.

OP
OP

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
Thanks for the info - great price for it but I need to weigh the cost to the benefits of having it. If I can ask you what lead you to purchase it? Thanks again.
No problem. I got it because I bought an OBD II reader and noticed that the charge air temps were too high and the inconsistencies during hot summer days vs cold winter/fall as far as performance goes. I never got to get it installed because I traded my car in.

ittakes6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dwight
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for that info. I need to see what adding this intercooler might do to the Ford Performance Tune I had installed on my 2018 Ecoboost as I've read a tune is necessary after the installation of an intercooler. Thanks for your time - will see if there is some way to pursue this.

OP
OP

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
No problem. Actually, no. The intercoolers do not need a tune. It is simply a better cooling solution, resulting in much much lower charge temps thus resulting in consistent power. Even with the stock tune, I was experiencing a major difference in performance between cold days vs warm days, and I observed this myself using an OBD II adapter. Not sure how it is on the 2018 models, but 2015-2017's are equipped with horrendous stock intercoolers.

ittakes6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dwight
Vehicle(s)
No problem. Actually, no. The intercoolers do not need a tune. It is simply a better cooling solution, resulting in much much lower charge temps thus resulting in consistent power. Even with the stock tune, I was experiencing a major difference in performance between cold days vs warm days, and I observed this myself using an OBD II adapter. Not sure how it is on the 2018 models, but 2015-2017's are equipped with horrendous stock intercoolers.
Where did you have the intercooler installed? My vehicle has the Active Cruise and taking off of the front clip may be a little more complicated than other Mustangs. Thanks for letting me know about the tune not being necessary.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Give Craftsman Auto (several locations but up here along Alexandria) do this kind of work. If you can afford the trip, come to Sterling VA and visit Performance by Jax. He just did my EB with intercooler (and extra oil cooler) install 3 days ago and VERY familiar with Mustangs.

Darf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Mustang > 2017 Roush-SC #17-0435
Curious if this is available still?

Darf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Mustang > 2017 Roush-SC #17-0435
Are you willing to ship? I can arrange a pick up, but It would probably be few weeks before I could make it down.