New rims noob, need some tire help please

AlphaQueu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2019 RR Ecoboost Premium
Hey everyone so I just recently got some 19x9.5 GT PP rims for my 19 ecoboost premium and was just wondering what tires you think would be the best to put on them?
I heard good things about PS4s?

I’m in no rush to mount them and open to all suggestions, I have no idea where to even begin, but have read that 255/40/ZR19 for the front two and 275/40/ZR19 for the backs would work?
Cheers :beer:
Charlie
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
If you got someone's full take off set, fronts are 19x9 and rears are 19x9.5, stock tires are 255 then 275.

OP
OP
AlphaQueu

AlphaQueu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2019 RR Ecoboost Premium
If you got someone's full take off set, fronts are 19x9 and rears are 19x9.5, stock tires are 255 then 275.
All four rims are 19x9.5 can I still make it work with 275’s all around?

Last edited:

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros

EDIT: at least I think they’re all 9.5’s. How can I be sure?
The 19x9.5s will be 0.5" wider than the 19x9s. You definitely want to make sure you get them on the right end of the car.

OP
OP
AlphaQueu

AlphaQueu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2019 RR Ecoboost Premium
The 19x9.5s will be 0.5" wider than the 19x9s. You definitely want to make sure you get them on the right end of the car.
If all four are 19x9.5 can I still use them or do 9.5’s not fit on the front? I got sold a set for really cheap but they’re all 19x9.5

Thank you so much do r all the help.

Sponsored

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
If all four are 19x9.5 can I still use them or do 9.5’s not fit on the front? I got sold a set for really cheap but they’re all 19x9.5

Thank you so much do r all the help.
The offset might not work for the front, somebody else might be more knowledgeable on that.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Tires will fit all around, but I do think you need a spacer on front. Can't recall right now if something small like a 5mm will work or not.

OP
OP
AlphaQueu

AlphaQueu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2019 RR Ecoboost Premium
Tires will fit all around, but I do think you need a spacer on front. Can't recall right now if something small like a 5mm will work or not.
Awesome thanks for the help, gonna take the car in Monday and see what I can do
Great thanks for the info. I read that if I use spacers I have to check/retighten them every 5k miles or so, is that true?

should I just try to get 2 19x9’s for the front instead of going 19x9.5 all around?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
It's recommended to retighten them, most people probably don't. Slip ons just slip between the rotor and the wheel so there's nothing to tighten on those.

I like square better so you can at least rotate front to back and help extend the life a bit that way.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AlphaQueu

AlphaQueu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2019 RR Ecoboost Premium
It's recommended to retighten them, most people probably don't. Slip ons just slip between the rotor and the wheel so there's nothing to tighten on those.

I like square better so you can at least rotate front to back and help extend the life a bit that way.
It’s no problem for me to be having to retighten (can something go wrong if you don’t re tighten) every so often so long as it all fits nicely and there’s no rubbing and of course looks good. These are my first nice set of wheels that aren’t oem (well at least not oem on my eco) and I’m so stoked to have them done this coming week, thank you so much again for all the info you are awesome. Also do you think I should run PS4s on them or is it just a waste like my friend said? Or maybe just any decent 275/40/R19 tires all around? Looking for some tires that have a little more grip during the rain compared to my stock tires that I have on now since I’m in Florida and just about every afternoon it’s been raining.

Sounding like a broken jukebox but thanks again everyone! :beer:
EDIT: i suk at spelang

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure you'll appreciate the difference from them, but are they worth the additional cost? Tires like the Indy 500s get great reviews on here for performance per dollar so I would consider something like those.

I haven't found my NT555 G2s to be particularly great in any fashion, but I did get them cheaper than Indy 500s at the time because of a sale.

edit » found an old thread that confirmed with a 5mm spacer the rear wheels should fit on the front.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a value tire like the Firestone. It has gotten good ratings and reviews. Maybe it's just me but I never, ever skimp on tires. My cars a cruiser, will never see a track but...........Let's look at it another way;

275/40/R19 - Tirerack.com
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S $325.00ea $1300.00 set of 4
Bridgestone POTENZA S-04 POLE POSITION $265.00ea $1060.00 set of 4
Difference $240.00 or $0.66 a day
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S $325.00ea $1300.00 set of 4
Firestone FIREHAWK INDY 500 $200.00ea $800.00 set of 4
Difference $500.00 or $1.37 a day

Yes, big, big difference between the Michelin and Firestone up front. Less so with the Bridgestone. When you look at day to day for only one year it's less than a cup of Starbuck's coffee. Shouldn't your tires be as important as your wheels?
Sponsored