All U.S. Ford and Lincoln Dealers

SUBJECT:

NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD

Compliance Recall 19C03

Certain 2019 Model Year Nautilus, Navigator and Mustang Vehicles

Instrument Panel Cluster Reprogramming

Press Release (relevant portion):

FORD MOTOR COMPANY ISSUES THREE RECALLS IN NORTH AMERICA

DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 13, 2019 – Ford Motor Company is issuing two safety recalls and a safety compliance recall in North America. Details are as follows:

Safety compliance recall on select 2019 Ford Mustang, Lincoln Nautilus and Lincoln Navigator vehicles for blank instrument panel cluster assemblies.

Ford is issuing a safety compliance recall for select 2019 Ford Mustang, Lincoln Nautilus and Lincoln Navigator vehicles for instrument panel cluster assemblies that may be blank upon vehicle startup.

Ford is not aware of any reports of accidents or injuries resulting from this condition.

This action affects approximately 4,200 vehicles in the United States and federalized territories and approximately 150 in Canada.

Affected vehicles include:
  • 2019 Ford Mustang vehicles built at Flat Rock Assembly Plant, Nov. 5, 2018 to Jan. 15, 2019
  • 2019 Lincoln Nautilus vehicles built at Oakville Assembly Plant, Nov. 6, 2018 to Dec. 21, 2018
  • 2019 Lincoln Navigator vehicles built at Kentucky Truck Plant, Nov. 4, 2018 to Dec. 15, 2018
Dealers will update the instrument panel cluster software. The Ford reference number for this recall is 19C03.
Sponsored

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Thanks for this info, hot off the presses.

When mine was new, while driving, it went blank for a few moments, then turned back on. No issues since - knock on wood. (This is the downside of all these electronics technology - Reliability)
One other Awesome guy on here - jmorris47 - had what sounds like this exact problem (Not sure if his production dates fell within this range)

Unrelated, but I wonder if some reprogramming can be done for some late 2018MY and now 2019MY production cars - many folks on other forums and threads on here, report not having an Oil Temp gauge, myself included. Let's see if Ford issues a TSB or something similar for that, in near future.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Unrelated, but I wonder if some reprogramming can be done for some late 2018MY and now 2019MY production cars - many folks on other forums and threads on here, report not having an Oil Temp gauge, myself included. Let's see if Ford issues a TSB or something similar for that, in near future.
Lets hope because its keeping me from retro-fitting. But I don't think its missing by mistake. I doubt they will reinstate it unless they change their mind about whatever led them to remove it.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Lets hope because its keeping me from retro-fitting. But I don't think its missing by mistake. I doubt they will reinstate it unless they change their mind about whatever led them to remove it.
I agree with you on the missing by mistake - there's gotta be a reason.

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Anybody know if there's a list of affected VINs (or do we have to wait a year for 'the letter?').

Sponsored

OP
OP
fmc_smt

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Call your dealer and ask , or check on line . Plan on a couple of hours for the reprogram . Just did one on a stock unit today took for ever

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Thanks.

EDIT: I checked here:

https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/

... and got zero (no recalls). Either my Bullitt isn't affected, or Ford hasn't listed it with the NHTSA yet.
Additionally, it may help to check Ford's own ETIS website, where you can enter your VIN and check for any "Outstanding Field Service Actions" - A.K.A., Recalls.
Link:
http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

Pic 1: Screenshot of the ETIS site, where I entered the VIN # of a Mustang GT here, in Toronto, that a dealer has in-stock. (if a unit has no recalls, there will be nothing listed)
Pic 2: I determined that it fell within the recall vehicle production date range, based on the Blend Date on this Window Sticker of an affected unit.
This affected vehicle's Blend Date: Nov 19 2018
Recall Manufactured Date Range Begin: Nov 5 2018
You can see I highlighted the matching info in orange.

For the sake of the buyer, hopefully this dealer fixes this affected unit prior to selling/delivery.

Ford ETIS - 19C03 - Outstanding Field Service Action.png
Window Sticker for 1FA6P8CF9K5136272.png

OP
OP
fmc_smt

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
all open fsa must be completed on a new vehicle before it can be sold . federal fine if it sold with out being done is 21k . this fsa is for only the virtual ipc not the analog ipc

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
all open fsa must be completed on a new vehicle before it can be sold . federal fine if it sold with out being done is 21k . this fsa is for only the virtual ipc not the analog ipc
:thumbsup:
Awesome point - forgot how this is law both in the U.S. and Canada.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
In order to use ETIS, isn’t a user account required?

OP
OP
fmc_smt

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think it is . I clicked the link above and it let me in , but I am logged into Fords PTS site right now . I think it is the same as oasis but for Canada Ford dealers .

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
I saw this the other day and am shocked they didn't just extend it for all 18's with digital dash too. Ours was built in June 18 and we've got the IC go blank twice on us in 5,000 miles. Once it gets back from it's short block build we're gonna have our dealer do the update anyways :shrug:

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I think it is . I clicked the link above and it let me in , but I am logged into Fords PTS site right now . I think it is the same as oasis but for Canada Ford dealers .
Perhaps it is only for Can, not sure - I was told it was good for both U.S. and Can

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I didn't need an account, I just used the link above. Not sure what may have happened? Were you able to use it? Or forced to create an Acct?
Sponsored