Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
TO: All U.S. Ford and Lincoln Dealers

SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD Advance Notice - Compliance Recall 21C37 Certain 2021 Model Year Mustang Vehicles Side Air Curtain Inflator

AFFECTED VEHICLES Vehicle Model Year Assembly Plant Build Dates Mustang 2021 Flatrock February 9, 2021 through November 12, 2021 Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS and FSA VIN Lists.

REASON FOR THIS COMPLIANCE RECALL Side Curtain Airbags were produced with inflators that have the incorrect gas mass. Vehicles with suspect airbags may not comply to FMVSS 226 and FMVSS 214. A side curtain airbag containing an inflator with incorrect gas mass may not properly inflate the cushion when deployed. If the cushion does not properly inflate, it increases the risk of occupant injury in a crash necessitating side curtain airbag deployment.

SERVICE ACTION DO NOT DEMONSTRATE OR DELIVER any new in-stock vehicles involved in this compliance recall. A complete Dealer Bulletin will be provided to dealers in early first quarter when it is anticipated that parts ordering information and repair instructions will be available to support this compliance recall.

IMPORTANT: Dealers should open a Repair Order (RO) only when a full dealer bulletin is published. Opening an RO against an Awareness or Advance Notice will result in warranty rejections against a recall.

CUSTOMER NOTIFICATION Owners of record will be notified via first-class mail after repair instructions and parts ordering information have been provided to dealers. PLEASE NOTE: Federal law requires dealers to complete this recall service before a new vehicle is delivered to the buyer or lessee. Violation of this requirement by a dealer could result in a civil penalty of up to $21,000 per vehicle. Correct all vehicles in your new vehicle inventory prior to delivery.

QUESTIONS & ASSISTANCE For questions and assistance, contact the Special Service Support Center (SSSC) via the SSSC Web Contact Site. The SSSC Web Contact Site can be accessed through the Professional Technician System (PTS) website using the SSSC link listed at the bottom of the OASIS VIN report screen o
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
well thatā€™s absolutely annoying lol iā€™ll just wait until i get my oil changed i guess.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Anyone have a helium tank - DIY fix, you'll be laughing and won't feel a thing!

šŸ˜†

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not letting a dealer touch my car!
Had the door handle recall on my 15GT for 6 years and sold it without doing it. never had an issue.
Dealerships break more stuff than they fix.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I'm not letting a dealer touch my car!
Had the door handle recall on my 15GT for 6 years and sold it without doing it. never had an issue.
Dealerships break more stuff than they fix.
I agree but door handle and air bag inflators are sliiiiightly differentā€¦

Sponsored

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
I think it said passengers side.
good thing I never drive with anyone in the stang. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly why I don't want the monkeys at the dealership touching it! lol

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
So is this on the passenger pillar side? cause I have my dash cam wire thru there and don't want them to mess with it or potentially break/cut the wires. :facepalm:

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
I don't see where it says passenger side. I just says side curtain. I guess I need to get it done. I hate to let them take the interior apart.

Sponsored

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Wonder if this applies to the verts as I believe the side curtain is in the seat and not the a pillar?

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Wonder if this applies to the verts as I believe the side curtain is in the seat and not the a pillar?
Good question. I dunno TBH but both the verts and fastback have side seat airbags. The fast back gets an additional curtain on both sides and the vert gets an extra headrest airbag.

55Tele

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
Good question. I dunno TBH but both the verts and fastback have side seat airbags. The fast back gets an additional curtain on both sides and the vert gets an extra headrest airbag.
TO: All U.S. Ford and Lincoln Dealers

SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD Advance Notice - Compliance Recall 21C37 Certain 2021 Model Year Mustang Vehicles Side Air Curtain Inflator

AFFECTED VEHICLES Vehicle Model Year Assembly Plant Build Dates Mustang 2021 Flatrock February 9, 2021 through November 12, 2021 Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS and FSA VIN Lists.

REASON FOR THIS COMPLIANCE RECALL Side Curtain Airbags were produced with inflators that have the incorrect gas mass. Vehicles with suspect airbags may not comply to FMVSS 226 and FMVSS 214. A side curtain airbag containing an inflator with incorrect gas mass may not properly inflate the cushion when deployed. If the cushion does not properly inflate, it increases the risk of occupant injury in a crash necessitating side curtain airbag deployment.

SERVICE ACTION DO NOT DEMONSTRATE OR DELIVER any new in-stock vehicles involved in this compliance recall. A complete Dealer Bulletin will be provided to dealers in early first quarter when it is anticipated that parts ordering information and repair instructions will be available to support this compliance recall.

IMPORTANT: Dealers should open a Repair Order (RO) only when a full dealer bulletin is published. Opening an RO against an Awareness or Advance Notice will result in warranty rejections against a recall.

CUSTOMER NOTIFICATION Owners of record will be notified via first-class mail after repair instructions and parts ordering information have been provided to dealers. PLEASE NOTE: Federal law requires dealers to complete this recall service before a new vehicle is delivered to the buyer or lessee. Violation of this requirement by a dealer could result in a civil penalty of up to $21,000 per vehicle. Correct all vehicles in your new vehicle inventory prior to delivery.

QUESTIONS & ASSISTANCE For questions and assistance, contact the Special Service Support Center (SSSC) via the SSSC Web Contact Site. The SSSC Web Contact Site can be accessed through the Professional Technician System (PTS) website using the SSSC link listed at the bottom of the OASIS VIN report screen o
Has anyone received notification via FordPass? Does the recall show if u lookup via the Ford recall search? I see nothing related to my VIN so farā€¦

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
So,....the '21 MY cars just came out, correct?

How does Ford not know about this before releasing the car?
UNLESS,..........they knew about it and just released the car and then said, we'll just release a TSB when customers get their cars. That kinda sucks if that's the case.
Sponsored