New Ram Rebel or Used Raptor

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
As the title states i am comparing theses two vehicles as my lease nears the end. after speaking with a few dealers the rebel with all of my wanted options is around the same if not cheaper than a majority of 2017 raptors with 30-40k miles. Also i can find a very lightly used 2019 or even 2020 rebel for low 40's so that is also a factor.
i know they are two different vehicles but the price point being so close i just cant seem to think of what the right choice is. Any input is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
As the title states i am comparing theses two vehicles as my lease nears the end. after speaking with a few dealers the rebel with all of my wanted options is around the same if not cheaper than a majority of 2017 raptors with 30-40k miles. Also i can find a very lightly used 2019 or even 2020 rebel for low 40's so that is also a factor.
If it were me,.......I'd go new Ram Rebel all day long. The interiors are awesome and it's how you would spec the truck, as you posted above.
A used Raptor with that many miles worries me for some reason. May not have anything wrong with it, but if you can buy new, why not buy new?
Good luck and keep us posted!

When it comes time for a new daily driver for me, (which isn't for a very long time), I'm going to be looking at ordering a SCAB Raptor. I have no need for a SCREW Raptor, plus the SCAB's look better in my opinion. :sunglasses:
I'm also going to be looking at buying/ordering an Audi RS3 car. :rockon: We'll see how it goes, I'm a far ways off from that scenario.

OP
OP
Louk

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
If it were me,.......I'd go new Ram Rebel all day long. The interiors are awesome and it's how you would spec the truck, as you posted above.
A used Raptor with that many miles worries me for some reason. May not have anything wrong with it, but if you can buy new, why not buy new?
Good luck and keep us posted!

When it comes time for a new daily driver for me, (which isn't for a very long time), I'm going to be looking at ordering a SCAB Raptor. I have no need for a SCREW Raptor, plus the SCAB's look better in my opinion. :sunglasses:
I'm also going to be looking at buying/ordering an Audi RS3 car. :rockon: We'll see how it goes, I'm a far ways off from that scenario.
Valid points made, my biggest hurdle is the wife... she desperately wants the raptor but even she admits the pricing on them gets a bit absurd.
Those rs3’s are great cars!
I need the super crew, 3 kids. But at least the wife and I agree on having non-boring cars.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Valid points made, my biggest hurdle is the wife... she desperately wants the raptor but even she admits the pricing on them gets a bit absurd.
Those rs3’s are great cars!
I need the super crew, 3 kids. But at least the wife and I agree on having non-boring cars.
That's always a plus! Either way, it's a win-win!
I love the Ram interiors, I'm on my second one. First truck was a 3rd Gen and this one is a 4th Gen and zero problems with both. The 3rd Gen had an EVAP issue, which was common for those trucks and it got fixed at 0 dollars, even after warranty, because it was an emissions issue. 80k for miles on that one and almost 21k on the new one. Great trucks, as are the Raptors. I'm starting to see them more and more in my area recently.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The Ram pickups get great reviews. I personally don't like the ecoboost Raptors. I would buy one of the older supercharged V8 Raptors first. So that leaves me with the Ram out of your choices. Not sure why you wouldn't consider an F150 with the 5.0, but that would be my first option for a pickup.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Louk

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
The only other runner was a Lariat special edition.
Only reason that isn’t in the lead is that it is kinda ordinary compared to the other two. I like the more “beefy” look of the other two. Of course I could always throw some tires and other random extras on the lariat.
We don’t have any issues with our current f150 we really like it, just want something little “cooler”

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I heard a 3.5 Raptor start up and idle recently and I was not impressed, sounded like a Subaru? Guy was claiming 600 hp after tuning...lol

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
How about a Super Duty Crew Cab with the 7.3L V8. Now that's a little different.

OP
OP
Louk

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
the super duty would be different but the price for a lariat super duty is in new raptor territory so thats out, also the looks of it isnt exactly what im after. i prefer the painted bumpers/ blacked out items as opposed to the chrome and other bits that the SD has.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
My wife loves her rebel.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Louk

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
it seems like all things are pointing to the rebel, i was leaning slightly towards it as well. now just to continue to beat up the dealer until i get it exactly where i want.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The new Dodges (sorry, Rams) are nice. Really nice.

The horrors my '12 and '13 Jeep Wranglers brought me, and the fact that Dodge doesn't offer them in a RCSB configuration, made me buy my F-150.

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
Just wait for the Ram T-rex.

OP
OP
Louk

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Slightly defeats the purpose as the Trx will most likely cost the same or more than a new raptor so it wouldn’t be in the running anyways.
Also I heard about the concept version of it but nothing concrete that dodge is actually doing a production run of it.
Just wait for the Ram T-rex.
Sponsored