NEW Prototype MagnaFlow xMOD Cat-Back Install & Sound Clip

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Hi Guys, we hope everyone is staying safe out there! Last week we sent out a prototype of our new xMOD system for the 2019+ Mustang GT to Andrew at Mustang Lifestyle to test out and provide some feedback. He just released a video of the unboxing, install and sound. The results...well, you will have to see for yourself!

This new xMOD system brings a ton of new features to the table including carbon fiber tips, V-band flanges, quarter-wave resonators to eliminate drone and a modular design to choose your ideal volume. We would like to emphasize the fact that the system in the video is a prototype; it is not yet available and doesn't reflect the final production model.

You can check out the video here. We're happy to answer any questions you have. Let us know what you think!

20200219_114047.jpg
20200220_165700.jpg
20200220_170050.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Would like to hear it with the supplied resonator and LT's, look good so far though.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds good. Next time you need a test mule, give ol' Paddy a shot, I'm less than 10 miles away and have two 18+'s to use and abuse.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Lots of tech goodies going into it! Finally a "factory/aftermarket" system with vbands. All other joint styles are hot dogshit.

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
NIce, i had the axle back "active" exhaust and its doodoo, drones and not really a quiet mode. BUT i loved how deep it is. Now i have a Corsa active and its quiet when its suppose to and loud when its suppose to, but very tinny, raspy, and rattles horribly. Guess i may go back to the Magnaflow family if this gets rid of the drone and has a actual "quiet mode"

CBass2288

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Sounds pretty dang good, it seems like Magnaflow is finally embracing the Coyote rasp!

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I think you all are definitely on to something. I watched the video earlier and was impressed with it. There were a couple of things I would like to give feedback on @MagnaFlow :
  • I can see why you kitted it with the option to replace the Active exhaust actuator with a short pipe for those who don't have Active exhaust. Kitting wise, that makes sense. Consumer wise, its added weight, cost, and complication. It makes more sense from a consumer side to have a straight pipe rather than 4 extra v-band clamps. At the very least eliminate one pair of clamps and have a straight pipe going to the tip.
  • I really like how you all included a resonator in the kit as well as an X-pipe, bravo. Seriously, bravo. I would go so far as to say that adding option for H pipe would be worth it for some of us. I would think some would be happy to spring extra for the additional piece and there are those who would like the option of an X or an H.
I'll be 100% honest, I think you all are on a really awesome path here. There are some things you could do that would knock this kit out the park very easily and give folks a truly tunable exhaust. Great work, truly.

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
  • I really like how you all included a resonator in the kit as well as an X-pipe, bravo. Seriously, bravo. I would go so far as to say that adding option for H pipe would be worth it for some of us. I would think some would be happy to spring extra for the additional piece and there are those who would like the option of an X or an H.

This x1000

Id be 100% down to buy a kit that came with an x and an H, and a resonator, for a truly customizable setup. Everyone nowadays runs the same dam setups most coyotes sound the same.

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible
Need any more ginnepigs for just the axle back
I currently have blower, long tubes and x pipe no cats if ya wanna get a feel for how that will sound

Sponsored

JP_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I absolutely love the sound of this exhaust! I have been watching the videos on YouTube about this exhaust. MagnaFlow, I need this! I have had my car for almost 3 yrs and havenā€™t committed to an exhaust because I just couldnā€™t find the right sound. I was leaning toward Corsaā€™s sport, but not anymore!

But I donā€™t have or need active exhaust.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Would like to hear it with the supplied resonator and LT's, look good so far though.
He's got a video up where he installs corsa LTs, the resonator, and an e85 tune on the car. Sounds pretty good.

CeramicHammer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Really like the sound of this exhaust, for me it would be my preferred setup with an H-pipe. I also wouldnā€™t need active exhaust modules, as my car isnā€™t equipped with them. Excited to hear more news as this develops!

OP
OP
MagnaFlow

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Thanks for the overwhelmingly positive feedback, Guys! Seriously, it means a lot to us and was far more than we were expecting!

We are very excited to start rolling out these new xMOD systems! We have put a ton of engineering behind them to make they are offering the best possible sound, appearance, construction and convenience for the end user.

We will be sure to keep updating this thread as things develop. Stay posted!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.