Sponsored

New Product: Steeda Mustang MagneRide Controller

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Drag Mode adopts the Normal Mode calibration with this controller. It offers great weight transfer to the rear
how? If you're running dual-rate springs, you get into the 1200 or was it 1300 spring rate right quick - about 1/4" of spring travel. That would seem not to let much in the way of weight transfer. Esp considering all other 'drag springs' (including Steeda's) run pretty damn soft by comparison.

Can you please post properly annotated shock dyno curves for the various 'modes' front and aft? With overlays of Ford's PP1/PP2/GT350/GT500 tuning values.
Sponsored

TeamSteeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
how? If you're running dual-rate springs, you get into the 1200 or was it 1300 spring rate right quick - about 1/4" of spring travel. That would seem not to let much in the way of weight transfer. Esp considering all other 'drag springs' (including Steeda's) run pretty damn soft by comparison.

Can you please post properly annotated shock dyno curves for the various 'modes' front and aft? With overlays of Ford's PP1/PP2/GT350/GT500 tuning values.
Yes, I totally understand where you're coming from. Our Dual Rates are most definitely a handling-oriented spring more than they are a drag spring. However, in chatting with our Engineering Team, they explained that weight transfer is more about the front end lift and getting the weight to the rear, and much less about rear end squat. You can see the difference between the two photos of the Silver Bullet launching below - notice how the rear quarter panel to tire clearance is nearly identical.

Unfortunately, I cannot share the shock dyno graphs as they are proprietary. I hope all this helps!

51679724807_99562e1548_k.jpg

51680780783_61b57fabb5_k.jpg

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Chris@steeda was sending out communication to customers regarding the release - @Chris@Steeda do you have any additional info you can share?

TJ

TeamSteeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
We are hoping to have these shipped out early next week! We are currently finalizing a couple things with the MagneRide calibration. Our plan is to ship out these controllers early next week.

I apologize for the wait, but weā€™re excited to get this brand-new product in customers' hands. If you have any questions in the meantime, please donā€™t hesitate to reach out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Checkout the latest feedback we received:

Product Name: Steeda Mustang MagneRide Controller With High Performance Calibration Powered By DSC Sport (2016-2022)
Headline: BLOWN AWAY!
Name: Michael C.
Review: Just installed this on our 18 GT350 and I must say, I am extremely impressed! Installation was very simple and before you know it, we were testing it out. On normal mode, the ride feels overall softer and less harsh compared to the factory which makes this mode excellent for highway cruising or just poking around. Track mode is where it really shines!

The car is much more predictable in the turn, especially at higher speeds now. I am able to really dive the car hard into turns and it takes it with such ease. During hard/full acceleration, I noticed the rear doesn't squat as much and the launch feels much more straight.

And we don't even have the dual rate springs on yet. I can't imagine how much better it will be once we throw on the dual rates. The car is also equipped with the

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
Is it still a smoother ride in Normal with your dual rate springs 555-8246 ?
I have a stock ā€˜22 Mach 1 and I like the current ride in Normal. Smoother is OK with me but I wouldnā€™t like it to get much stiffer in Normal as itā€™s a daily.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Will await real-world feedback for you - I can have Chris chime in based on his experience (our Director of Marketing or I can connect you with him).

Thank you!

TJ

Mavtop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1 #3530
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered the module for my 22 mach1 wHP. This will be on top of the Steeda Mach 1 Ultimate Handling Kit, 2 point G-trac brace, jacking rails. It is already so much better than it was, the rear end is now "THERE", and it is predictable where it goes, before it felt so nebulous/floaty from the IRS. The upgrades helped tremendously. So now I'm excited to experience how the DSC sport Steeda profile works in motion. Got the racing restraint installed too, now I don't fly out of my seat anymore. Ready for the track Feb 25/26th! I think the next big thing will be steel brake/clutch lines. You really have to get into the stock brakes to get them to really slow you down. Thanks Steeda.

Wildwildwest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Just ordered the module for my 22 mach1 wHP. This will be on top of the Steeda Mach 1 Ultimate Handling Kit, 2 point G-trac brace, jacking rails. It is already so much better than it was, the rear end is now "THERE", and it is predictable where it goes, before it felt so nebulous/floaty from the IRS. The upgrades helped tremendously. So now I'm excited to experience how the DSC sport Steeda profile works in motion. Got the racing restraint installed too, now I don't fly out of my seat anymore. Ready for the track Feb 25/26th! I think the next big thing will be steel brake/clutch lines. You really have to get into the stock brakes to get them to really slow you down. Thanks Steeda.
Any initial impression?

Mavtop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1 #3530
Vehicle Showcase
Any initial impression?
So drove it for a solid month, in as many situations as I could realistically trial. Got to take it to Podium Club at Attesa, a track in Casa Grande AZ. Track day + Daily Driving through inner city Phoenix AZ. Car does have the GT350/Mach1 Ultimate Handling Pack from Steeda, 2 point g-trac brace, and jacking rails. Still on the cup 2's. Alignment has been on track alignment throughout testing. Total Milage on setup ~1200 miles.

First thing: The car behaves differently. More poise, more connected feeling in normal mode. I wasn't feeling any looseness or loss of control in normal mode. The car seems to be more responsive if I get on it, than it was compared to stock normal more. Transitions with the attitude of the vehicle were much smoother, car is predictable moreso than normal. No problems on city streets with potholes etc, car still tramlines. Overall in normal mode, thumbs up.

Sport+ - This mode is harder to tell the changes. I can feel it is 'tightening up' in sport+. Prior to the dscsport, I really enjoyed sport+. After, I don't feel a huge difference with sport+. I still switch to this mode regularly, but it doesn't seem to change too much after the upgrade, sport+ still feels great, and the car transitions much smoother than before the upgrade. Still super fun mode.

Track Mode: Here is where I really felt the biggest difference. The car is more nimble. Meaning when I want to control the car through high speed turns or difficult compound turns, the car's attitude was so responsive. Quick changes regardless of situation were handled with ease, without the vehicle becoming unsettled. Maintaining vehicle position & attitude is a breeze with this module, translating to tons of stability at speed. I was able to carry much speed through Podium Club, and the car still has so much more it could do. Overall, I'm happy with my purchase, excited to really push this car.
Sponsored