Sponsored

New Product Release aFe CONTROL Sway Bar Set For The 2015 Ford Mustang (S550)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
aFe POWER

aFe POWER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.afepower.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0L
Last chance for the holiday rebate. Applies to all aFe POWER or aFe CONTROL products over $100. Don't miss your chance ends Dec 31st, 2015 :thumbsup:

http://afepower.com/rebate/
Sponsored

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Just installed my aFe sway bars and coilovers. Not too bad of an install except the Driverside sway bar mount, rear bolt (which has nothing to do with this setup... it's ford's design). I would def. recommend getting a small head ratcheting wrench prior to install. The rear bar is really beefy compared to the front as already mentioned. Should help with understeer! It was 5 degrees and starting to snow last night, but took it around the block to see how the ride was on the street. Not bad at all! Looking forward to some more street driving until the first track day of the season at COTA at the end of Feb. Thanks aFe!

Last edited:

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Awesome! Did you notice in your short drive any of the noise issues that MustangCollector noted with the prototype pre-production set he tested?

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Awesome! Did you notice in your short drive any of the noise issues that MustangCollector noted with the prototype pre-production set he tested?
No noise in the front. A little bit additional noise in the rear as I hit larger bumps due to the mono-ball spherical mounts I assume. I expect that. While the roads here aren't NYC streets, there is a good bit of settling that is always taking place that leaves roads here high-adventure from time to time. :)

Last edited:

Vernichtung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
No noise in the front. A little bit additional noise in the rear as I hit larger bumps due to the mono-ball spherical mounts I assume. I expect that. While the roads here aren't NYC streets, there is a good bit of settling that is always taking place that leaves roads here high-adventure from time to time. :)
So, are you still liking the aFe setup? Their away bars and coilovers look top notch.

Sponsored

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I am still liking the coilovers and sway bars. I normally drive my truck daily, but the transmission finally gave up the ghost so I drove the mustang to work Monday and Tuesday. Really enjoyed it for those couple of days, but the real fun(and evaluation) will come once I get it on track. I'm sure it will work well.

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
yeah the noise did annoy me some because you hear it non stop around NYC driving i just couldn't take living with this but the kit felt awesome and i did like the design of it and ease of adj. I used the front upper strut mounts and i see you used the Maximum camber plates so i was getting noise up front as well but i think this kit is designed to work with camber plates instead. I do like the front camber slot alignment shims in the design as you do not need camber bolts.

OP
OP
aFe POWER

aFe POWER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.afepower.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0L
In stock! Feel free to PM us or give us a call at 951-493-7100 for more info on our sway bars.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.