Sponsored

New player in town , Challenger 1320

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Does it come with drag racing oriented tires? 1.65 is pretty flipping good. Are the tires are stock? And what is the suspension like to drive on the street?
Sponsored

OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Does it come with drag racing oriented tires? 1.65 is pretty flipping good. Are the tires are stock? And what is the suspension like to drive on the street?
It comes stock with a what dodge calls a drag spec tire ..It has a 100 tread wear , so not a full out drag radial like a M/T R tire .. But they do work very very good as you can see by the 60 foot times .. It has that drag spec tire on all four wheels 275/40/20 on a 9 1/2 wide rims that are said to be a light weight wheel , also has groves in the bead to keep the tires from turning on the rim under hard launches ..It has 3 setting for the Mag ride shocks , Drag , sport and normal ... In the normal mode it's nice soft and smooth ride . The shocks are a hand me down from the Demon ..Many of the parts like the hood are off the hell cat ..The trans and trans brake and 41 spline axles are off the Demon.. The engine is the same 392 485 HP engine out of the scat pack ( it may have a different tune but it is the same engine) ..Mine has the rear seat delete and has been said to weigh in at 4123 ..Still heavy but not 4400+ pounds ..

Last edited:
OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I'm sure some of you would like the good and bad and I'm happy to give it to you ..The car because of its size and weight drives very smooth... Fit and finish is on par with the Mustang , but I will give the Mustang a tiny bit of an edge on it ..Being a big car it was big windows , so you can see out of it better than the Mustang and much better than the Camaro for sure .. Seats feel the same to me as the Mustang .. Brembo Brakes with slotted rotors ( needed to slow this heavy car down) .. Stopping power is on par with the Mustang but much better than the Camaro ..Power .. ? Lets just say it has a ton of head snapping TQ , revs real fast to the 6000 RPM red line .It has a Great Alpine sound system .The 8 speed auto is just great ! In sport or drag it will rip you head off on full throttle shifts .. Two things I don't like , the drag spec'd tires make a lot of noise ..My rear end has a ring and pinion wine from 42 to 50 MPH ( drives me crazy ! ) Took it to the dealer and the service manager drove it as well as the Tech , both heard it and now I have a service record off it . They want me to wait till I have 1500 miles on it before they do anything ..They did blame the noise on the car not having a back seat ( I called bull shit on that one ) .. It is a great car and if it wasn't for the rear end wine I would give it a 9 out of 10 rating .. I also give my 2015 Mustang a 9 out of 10 and the only real problem was the drive line vibration that I never got fixed .. Camaro great car all around , Brakes I didn't like , to mushy and not the bite the Mustang and Challenger has ..And I have to say it was hard to see out of but you do get used to it after driving it a while .. All three good cars with the 1320 package just edging out Mustang and Camaro by a small bit in the 1/4 mile ( stock for stock ) Pricing was good for what you get , sticker was 46k and I got it for 42k ..Close to what a Mustang non Base GT car or a Camaro 2SS in price ..The 1320 is a R/T Scat Pack with a 1320 package added . The price for the 1320 package is 3999 extra over the R/T scat pack and 2 dollars more get you the passenger seat and the back seat . It has been said it will be limited model so you may not see many of them on the street or the drag strip ..Dodge didn't advertise it well so not many people even know about it ..My dealer is a large Dealer and he only got one of them and no plans to order another one ..

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm sure some of you would like the good and bad and I'm happy to give it to you ..The car because of its size and weight drives very smooth... Fit and finish is on par with the Mustang , but I will give the Mustang a tiny bit of an edge on it ..Being a big car it was big windows , so you can see out of it better than the Mustang and much better than the Camaro for sure .. Seats feel the same to me as the Mustang .. Brembo Brakes with slotted rotors ( needed to slow this heavy car down) .. Stopping power is on par with the Mustang but much better than the Camaro ..Power .. ? Lets just say it has a ton of head snapping TQ , revs real fast to the 6000 RPM red line .It has a Great Alpine sound system .The 8 speed auto is just great ! In sport or drag it will rip you head off on full throttle shifts .. Two things I don't like , the drag spec'd tires make a lot of noise ..My rear end has a ring and pinion wine from 42 to 50 MPH ( drives me crazy ! ) Took it to the dealer and the service manager drove it as well as the Tech , both heard it and now I have a service record off it . They want me to wait till I have 1500 miles on it before they do anything ..They did blame the noise on the car not having a back seat ( I called bull shit on that one ) .. It is a great car and if it wasn't for the rear end wine I would give it a 9 out of 10 rating .. I also give my 2015 Mustang a 9 out of 10 and the only real problem was the drive line vibration that I never got fixed .. Camaro great car all around , Brakes I didn't like , to mushy and not the bite the Mustang and Challenger has ..And I have to say it was hard to see out of but you do get used to it after driving it a while .. All three good cars with the 1320 package just edging out Mustang and Camaro by a small bit in the 1/4 mile ( stock for stock ) Pricing was good for what you get , sticker was 46k and I got it for 42k ..Close to what a Mustang non Base GT car or a Camaro 2SS in price ..The 1320 is a R/T Scat Pack with a 1320 package added . The price for the 1320 package is 3999 extra over the R/T scat pack and 2 dollars more get you the passenger seat and the back seat . It has been said it will be limited model so you may not see many of them on the street or the drag strip ..Dodge didn't advertise it well so not many people even know about it ..My dealer is a large Dealer and he only got one of them and no plans to order another one ..
After I posted in here earlier, I did a bit of research. Despite the fact of owning almost a dozen Mustangs, I'm a fan of any American car with RWD V8. I have to say I think its a clever move by Dodge to build a niche vehicle like this. Why? If your competitor is on par or slightly ahead performance wise (and lets be honest, many equate quarter mile performance as the yardstick) why not built a car like this from existing parts. Very little in R&D, fast turn to meet current market demands, and a limited edition to boot. Good luck and enjoy the new ride!

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
If anyone in the northeast is looking for one of these, Westbury Dodge on Long Island NY has a 1320 package coming in. I just picked up a Scat Pack wide body from this dealer for a daily driver and when coupled to the A8 trans makes a ton of torque off the line, quite fun!

Those are great #'s OP, I'd be happy with that.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I'm just going to be lazy and re-post something I wrote a day ago:

I love the Challenger/Charger, it's unabashedly what it is: a big, comfortable cruiser, that can be quick to insanely fast in a straight line, and plenty competent in the handling department for what you should be doing on the street. :) I'm a "convertible guy", and at least for now, will 99% likely get another, but if I decided to go coupe/sedan, I'd put a Hellcat Widebody at the top of my list.

Side note: looks like the Widebody Charger might premier at some big MOPAR event this weekend!

We have a '18 Durango RT AWD and it's awesome, the uConnect system is better than Sync 3, some of the fit/finish is a good bit better than my GT, it has a great 8-speed tranny (that's shared with the C/C) that's pretty perky when turn on performance mode - and JFC, we took it from St. Aug to the Keys, 6 people, 6 rollers, 4 backpacks, a hitch carrier with two tubs of diving gear, coolers ... pulled into the condo with just under 1/4 tank of gas, no stops. :D

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I actually find the 1320 more interesting than the DEMON and Hellcats. I've always been more of a fan of NA cars.
I think it would have been more interesting if they had upped the power and kept it N/A. Maybe add a better cold air induction, intake manifold and larger throttle body, re-tune, and maybe improved exhaust flow rate i.e. factory shorty headers to less restrictive catback to hit something like 520 crank hp. You know, darn near like a full bolt on car straight from the factory with a warranty. Even better, on top of those factory mods a slightly racier factory camshaft for 530 crank hp. The cam would hurt bottom end a bit, but it's not that much more aggressive so the mid range could still be there. Obviously, that would add cost but I'm sure Dodge would sell some.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I think it would have been more interesting if they had upped the power and kept it N/A. Maybe add a better cold air induction, intake manifold and larger throttle body, re-tune, and maybe improved exhaust flow rate i.e. factory shorty headers to less restrictive catback to hit something like 520 crank hp. You know, darn near like a full bolt on car straight from the factory with a warranty. Even better, on top of those factory mods a slightly racier factory camshaft for 530 crank hp. The cam would hurt bottom end a bit, but it's not that much more aggressive so the mid range could still be there. Obviously, that would add cost but I'm sure Dodge would sell some.
The would have had to re-rate the MPG then and likely do other engines tests/certifications. Probably cheaper to just do some suspension/tranny tuning changes.

OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Dodge is showing the same HP 485 HP as the Scat Pack ..But the car does use the hell cat intake head light and inter wheel well ..Test show no extra power with a after market ( cold air intake ) . The car does have stock shorty headers like the mustang ..But long tubes would add some power ..It also has the active exhaust .. I was surprised the curb weight was listed as 4123 for the 1320 ..Mine has the rear seat delete and seat belt delete and that's about 40+ pounds .. It also has light weight wheels with groves cut into the bead to keep the Drag spec tires from turning on the rims ..It comes with the same gear as the Scat Pack 3.09s but runs about 3 tenths quicker . I didn't use the trans brake or the launch control on my first time to the track , I just foot braked it like I did in my mustang and run a 1.65 60 footer .. I have seen more than one Scat pack running at our track ( 1/8 mile track) and the quickest stock one ( but for rear drag radials ) ran 7.80s @ 90 while mine ran 7.45 @ 93.. That makes me think the PCM may have had some tweaks done it from the factory ? Or maybe it just the lower weight , maybe both ? It does have the same mag ride drag shocks from the demon and when in Drag mode you can feel the difference ..It lifts the front end fast and transfers the weight to the rear wheels ..All these little things they added seem to add up to a pretty quick NA car ..Could they do more ? sure they could ..

Last edited:

Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Dodge is showing the same HP 485 HP as the Scat Pack ..But the car does use the hell cat intake head light and inter wheel well ..Test show no extra power with a after market ( cold air intake ) . The car does have stock shorty headers like the mustang ..But long tubes would add some power ..It also has the active exhaust .. I was surprised the curb weight was listed as 4123 for the 1320 ..Mine has the rear seat delete and seat belt delete and that's about 40+ pounds .. It also has light weight wheels with groves cut into the bead to keep the Drag spec tires from turning on the rims ..It comes with the same gear as the Scat Pack 3.09s but runs about 3 tenths quicker . I didn't use the trans brake or the launch control on my first time to the track , I just foot braked it like I did in my mustang and run a 1.65 60 footer .. I have seen more than one Scat pack running at our track ( 1/8 mile track) and the quickest stock one ( but for rear drag radials ) ran 7.80s @ 90 while mine ran 7.45 @ 93.. That makes me think the PCM may have had some tweaks done it from the factory ? Or maybe it just the lower weight , maybe both ? It does have the same mag ride drag shocks from the demon and when in Drag mode you can feel the difference ..It lifts the front end fast and transfers the weight to the rear wheels ..All these little things they added seem to add up to a pretty quick NA car ..Could they do more ? sure they could ..

What scares me is if the 2020 has the 426. its the biggest reason I wanna wait to see if they're gonna actually do it but for sure the 1320 is sick

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
Hey smokinzx, what options did you get on your 1320? It looks like you got the base with the sound group. When I build one like I would want (with 1320 plus, NAV and sound it comes to around 48.5k). But then when I build a regular SP with dynamics, damping and plus group it comes out to right around the same, so might as well go with the 1320. IDK, probably the best I could hope for from a dealer would be 43-44k and that's about 4-5k more than I wanted to spend. Looks like I may have to settle for a mildly optioned 2SS.

OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Hey smokinzx, what options did you get on your 1320? It looks like you got the base with the sound group. When I build one like I would want (with 1320 plus, NAV and sound it comes to around 48.5k). But then when I build a regular SP with dynamics, damping and plus group it comes out to right around the same, so might as well go with the 1320. IDK, probably the best I could hope for from a dealer would be 43-44k and that's about 4-5k more than I wanted to spend. Looks like I may have to settle for a mildly optioned 2SS.
Well it has Nav , Bluetooth , 8 1/2 touch screen ..back up sensors .. I don't know much about the packages but it does have adaptive cruise and heated leather steering wheel .. It's a R/T Scat Pack with the 1320 package .. I'll shoot a picture of the window sticker later and post it up .. it was 46k+ and another 399.00 for the third strobe brake light that the dealer added .. The dealer marked it down from the 46k+ to 42k ..

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Well it has Nav , Bluetooth , 8 1/2 touch screen ..back up sensors .. I don't know much about the packages but it does have adaptive cruise and heated leather steering wheel .. It's a R/T Scat Pack with the 1320 package .. I'll shoot a picture of the window sticker later and post it up .. it was 46k+ and another 399.00 for the third strobe brake light that the dealer added .. The dealer marked it down from the 46k+ to 42k ..
Have you seem a 19 T/A 392 run at the track?
Just curious what they run in a good DA on street tires and drag radials