Sponsored

New personal best with Procharger P1X

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That is really impressive for such a simple build. I had a C7Z with an F1A PC and it was a great setup...I have decided on a Gen V Whipple looking for low 9's high 8's - but seeing your success is giving me a tiny bit of pause. You are straight E85 now - I'm not sure if I saw your fuel mods? Also - for the trans - did you go Circle D and Mcleod clucthes? No suspension mods? Amazing work honestly - low 9's at 150+ is a solid setup and I know street drivability is much more subtle and smooth. Well done!

OP
OP
SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
That is really impressive for such a simple build. I had a C7Z with an F1A PC and it was a great setup...I have decided on a Gen V Whipple looking for low 9's high 8's - but seeing your success is giving me a tiny bit of pause. You are straight E85 now - I'm not sure if I saw your fuel mods? Also - for the trans - did you go Circle D and Mcleod clucthes? No suspension mods? Amazing work honestly - low 9's at 150+ is a solid setup and I know street drivability is much more subtle and smooth. Well done!
man just about any blower seems to be able to go as fast if not faster. Some setups due to power delivery might need help in some areas vs others. So with a centri a decent converter is important, not so much with a whipple....but Whipple might need more suspension and axles. Just depends on which setup you prefer.

car has only been tuned via street logs and revisions from track passes. Fuel system is a fore innovations dual 274 pumps, -8 supply and return, FC3 controller,ID1000s and stock rails. Suspension/driveline is circle d 2c (very mild), exedy clutches, intermediate shaft and billet planetary, shaftmasters driveshaft, stock 3.55 diff, stock axles, BMR cradle lockout, vertical links, camber arms and Eibach pro kit springs.

Sponsored

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
man just about any blower seems to be able to go as fast if not faster. Some setups due to power delivery might need help in some areas vs others. So with a centri a decent converter is important, not so much with a whipple....but Whipple might need more suspension and axles. Just depends on which setup you prefer.

car has only been tuned via street logs and revisions from track passes. Fuel system is a fore innovations dual 274 pumps, -8 supply and return, FC3 controller,ID1000s and stock rails. Suspension/driveline is circle d 2c (very mild), exedy clutches, intermediate shaft and billet planetary, shaftmasters driveshaft, stock 3.55 diff, stock axles, BMR cradle lockout, vertical links, camber arms and Eibach pro kit springs.
Thanks for the info! I would guess my stock 3.55 would do well with the PC - I have gotten the 3.15 for the Whipple setup. I have all of the BMR race and viking suspension, axles, driveshaft and fuel setup along with the bigger Circle D 258mm and Mcloud clutches. Oil pump and harmonic upgrade. Lots easier with your setup.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Great Job!

OP
OP
SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Thanks for the info! I would guess my stock 3.55 would do well with the PC - I have gotten the 3.15 for the Whipple setup. I have all of the BMR race and viking suspension, axles, driveshaft and fuel setup along with the bigger Circle D 258mm and Mcloud clutches. Oil pump and harmonic upgrade. Lots easier with your setup.
My setup seems to work rather well with local prep. Middle of the road, not crazy sticky nor troublesome. But have seen some Whipple and VMP guys run inconsistent in it. I go in and it’s like clockwork, A-B everytime. Trans work I knew would come since not only have I have drag raced it but also street raced it plenty, usually thats the first thing to go.

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My setup seems to work rather well with local prep. Middle of the road, not crazy sticky nor troublesome. But have seen some Whipple and VMP guys run inconsistent in it. I go in and it’s like clockwork, A-B everytime. Trans work I knew would come since not only have I have drag raced it but also street raced it plenty, usually thats the first thing to go.
Makes sense since the roots/screw chargers are so much low end torque early in the curve. I had a manual F1A setup and I hated launching that setup. With an auto - I have to believe it is easier - but I did notice that the 60' PC runs versus Whipple are a good solid tenth apart - which tells me it is still somewhat of an issue. The Whipple setup - with good prep will likely out 60' the PC setup - but because of the power delivery of the PC - be much more consistent overall ET wise (and better for street use). It's a tough call - I'm already down the Whipple path - but I think the P1X and even D1X setups are really nice.

OP
OP
SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Great Job!
thanks!

Makes sense since the roots/screw chargers are so much low end torque early in the curve. I had a manual F1A setup and I hated launching that setup. With an auto - I have to believe it is easier - but I did notice that the 60' PC runs versus Whipple are a good solid tenth apart - which tells me it is still somewhat of an issue. The Whipple setup - with good prep will likely out 60' the PC setup - but because of the power delivery of the PC - be much more consistent overall ET wise (and better for street use). It's a tough call - I'm already down the Whipple path - but I think the P1X and even D1X setups are really nice.
some guys I know down here are going mid 1.3x 60ft but they have some better converter for the application than I do, 60ft wise. Mine seems to get after it after the 60ft fairly well.

Sponsored

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
thanks!

some guys I know down here are going mid 1.3x 60ft but they have some better converter for the application than I do, 60ft wise. Mine seems to get after it after the 60ft fairly well.
1.3x on a PC is awesome...You are still running fantastic ET and especially MPH. I know I will get the big hit from the tree - but prep and axles/driveshafts will be a challenge. Looking forward to seeing you touch into the 8's soon!

OP
OP
SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
1.3x on a PC is awesome...You are still running fantastic ET and especially MPH. I know I will get the big hit from the tree - but prep and axles/driveshafts will be a challenge. Looking forward to seeing you touch into the 8's soon!
doubt it will be soon. Weather leaving us soon. I would need some mods and -DA which is hard to come by down here.

Keo_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT Premium Ignot Silver
Awesome times! Congrats! Can’t wait till spring so I can get mine on the track.

OP
OP
SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
OP
OP
SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Question for the group. What do you think the first limitation encountered would be.... ID1000s or stock fuel rails??
Sponsored