Sponsored

NEW Personal best! How much closer to a 7 can you get?

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Hey everyone!
Now that the corona virus pandemic is diminishing as far as the quarantine part, decided to take my car out to the track!
For the most part car had just been sitting or taken on small drives around town when I was tired of being in the house. Right before this quarantine we pulled my trans and first time in awhile changed out some of the clutches(some looked brand new and others had wear on them, nothing out of ordinary), put new custom machined parts in the 10r80 and took the car back to the track! Can't get much closer to a 7 second pass haha. Only went out to test out these new pieces to see how they'd perform and they worked phenomenally. So check out the video and let me know what you guys think!

Sponsored

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
Well durn-it!! 1/100th away...

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Awesome !
Can you share what the “custom “ machined parts for the 10R80 .
Looking to rebuild one .

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Got that launch nailed down now. :clap:

OP
OP

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
Custom machined parts are the basket in the 10r80 to allow for more clutch count thank stock, and custom machined steels to LPF spec to allow for more clutch count as well. In some of the clutch packs as many as 4 more clutches were added. This is standard with the Stage 2+ 10r80 build from LPF

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Awesome time man I’m sure that 7 is any day now. Sounds badass too ! Is LPF around anymore to make these badass packages ? I can’t get an answer to phones,email, Facebook messenger etc. Placed an order nearly 4 months ago for an S550 kit and can’t get a current status . Be a shame for a highly respected builder to go under cause of Covid if that’s even what happened.

Last edited:

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Custom machined parts are the basket in the 10r80 to allow for more clutch count thank stock, and custom machined steels to LPF spec to allow for more clutch count as well. In some of the clutch packs as many as 4 more clutches were added. This is standard with the Stage 2+ 10r80 build from LPF
Thanks man .
Can I send my transmission?

Sponsored

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
I'd get out the calculator to see what kind of RWHP you need for a 3900 # car to run an 8 flat but numbers that big are scary.....lol. Just wow! 7s can't be far off!

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I'd get out the calculator to see what kind of RWHP you need for a 3900 # car to run an 8 flat but numbers that big are scary.....lol. Just wow! 7s can't be far off!
1200whp

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Well, there's that. Fast Mustang is damn fast. Nice work.

OP
OP

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
Awesome time man I’m sure that 7 is any day now. Sounds badass too ! Is LPF around anymore to make these badass packages ? I can’t get an answer to phones,email, Facebook messenger etc. Placed an order nearly 4 months ago for an S550 kit and can’t get a current status . Be a shame for a highly respected builder to go under cause of Covid if that’s even what happened.
They are still around and get many messages, phone calls, facebook messages a day. He will get back to you soon. I have messaged him and made him aware of your situation.

Car weights 3615 actually! So probably not as high as you found!

Thanks man .
Can I send my transmission?
Yes absolutely and others on this website have as well.
Best way to get into contact is to message their facebook page. Mention that I sent you and that usually helps in response time.