Rental18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wesley
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT base, 2004 Ford Expedition
Can you explain what this does….I’m new to the Mustang drag scene. Thanks
The sync 3 cars have modes like normal, sport, sport +, drag, rain, ice and snow. The base cars do not have those (besides sport on the shifter). Since my car is tuned, I leave it in drive instead of putting it into sport mode since that doesn't really do much any more. As far as the ABS plug, it disables all traction control and ABS features. I've had it interfere before even though TC was turned off according to the car.
Sponsored

Ghorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Nice passes. Nothing better than a holeshot win. My car is same as yours right down to the color but with more weight reduction and headers(still need to have tune revised to take full advantage of them). The weight has been the second biggest improvement after the e85 tune. My 60's now stay in the low 1.6 range.

OP
OP
Rental18GT

Rental18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wesley
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT base, 2004 Ford Expedition
Nice passes. Nothing better than a holeshot win. My car is same as yours right down to the color but with more weight reduction and headers(still need to have tune revised to take full advantage of them). The weight has been the second biggest improvement after the e85 tune. My 60's now stay in the low 1.6 range.
Do you mind sharing what it's run, and do you know how much weight you've taken out or what the weight of the car is?

Ghorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Do you mind sharing what it's run, and do you know how much weight you've taken out or what the weight of the car is?
Depending on fuel it hovers around 3600 or a lil less with me in it. I'm 220. Best pass was 10.94@124, but I'm thinking it's pulling timing due to seeing false knock. I trapped 124 back when I first got the e85 tune. Have since added full length catless headers and taken much more weight out. Picked up 4 to 5mph in the 1/8 but not in the 1/4. Once it's retuned for the headers and get the timing back in it, I expect it to go 10.7@128 or somewhere in that range. Maybe even a lil quicker.
Sponsored