cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
We were gifted with really great air last night here in the Houston area when the local drag strip was open. The trade-off was that it was an odd night out there with so many cars watering and oiling down the track. I was there from 6pm to 11:45 pm and only made 2 passes. Best run of the night was my first one.

Planned next mods are an E85 tune and not sure what else. Do the stock axles live with near stock power levels, A10, on bias ply tires?

2019 A10, 3.55, drag mode. Skinnies in front, DRs in back, rear seat delete, and no passenger seat for this run. Also have BMR IRS lockouts and braces.

I'm car 1057

Screenshot_20210115-194754.png
Sponsored

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
We were gifted with really great air last night here in the Houston area when the local drag strip was open. The trade-off was that it was an odd night out there with so many cars watering and oiling down the track. I was there from 6pm to 11:45 pm and only made 2 passes. Best run of the night was my first one.

Planned next mods are an E85 tune and not sure what else. Do the stock axles live with near stock power levels, A10, on bias ply tires?

2019 A10, 3.55, drag mode. Skinnies in front, DRs in back, rear seat delete, and no passenger seat for this run. Also have BMR IRS lockouts and braces.

I'm car 1057

Screenshot_20210115-194754.png
Excellent run! Killer reaction time!!

mtr5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT Shadow Black 401a A10 3.15 gear
What wheel/tire combo you running ?
Congrats’ on that run👍.. amazing especially on the stock tune.

OP
OP

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What wheel/tire combo you running ?
Congrats’ on that run👍.. amazing especially on the stock tune.
Thanks! I have Forgestar F14 17x4.5 on MT Sportsman S/Rs for the front (36 lbs each) Out back, I used some old 17x9 Chrome bullitts I had from my last car with MT ET Street bias ply tires (44.8 lbs each). It doesn't match but it's a really light combo and the tires hook.

Sponsored

OP
OP

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The other impressive part was I averaged 25 mpg on the trip to the track in track mode, making 2 passes in drag mode, and driving home in normal mode. Track is 60 miles away so mostly highway time.

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Awesome run! I'm hoping to make my first pass this summer at some point. I have always wanted to try the 1/4 mile and finally have a fun car to try it with 👍🏻

OP
OP

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome run! I'm hoping to make my first pass this summer at some point. I have always wanted to try the 1/4 mile and finally have a fun car to try it with 👍🏻
That's great to hear! Going to the track is a blast. Good luck when you go and keep us posted when the time comes!

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
That's great to hear! Going to the track is a blast. Good luck when you go and keep us posted when the time comes!
Will do! I'll be looking for tips when I get closer to going. Stupid winter here in the Midwest gets in the way!

Sponsored

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
I wouldn't be surprised that with better traction your 60 ft time will go down at least a tenth and probably more. Going to be a lot harder on axles though. I would love to see a video.

Last edited:
OP
OP

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't be surprised that with better traction your 60 ft time will go down at least a tenth and probably more. Going to be a lot hard on axles though. I would love to see a video.
On stock tune, I'm not sure there is much left in the 60' than the 1.79. Weather conditions were really good, track prep started out well (for my first pass), and I got a decent burnout to heat the DRs. Launched at 2000 RPM, about the limit before pushing the car past the beams and no spin on the launch. There might be a bit more in it in same conditions with better prep and maybe a bit longer of a burnout as there was a slight move to the right on the 2-3 shift.

I was at the track alone Friday night so wasn't able to get a video and forgot to start recording from my phone on windshield mount. Only videos I have are from my last trip in worse conditions when I ran the 11.55 @ 121.5 if you want to see those.

mtr5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT Shadow Black 401a A10 3.15 gear
hows those ET bias rears work with the fronts being radials ? do you get any lane walk out on the topend..

OP
OP

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
hows those ET bias rears work with the fronts being radials ? do you get any lane walk out on the topend..
I have 4 total passes on this setup and so far, I have only noticed some movement on the back half of the track once though very minor. On Friday, I also drove to and from the track on the setup (bias ply rears are DOT legal) with no issues at all.

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Will do! I'll be looking for tips when I get closer to going. Stupid winter here in the Midwest gets in the way!

NMRA will be hosting one of their national events at the Saint Louis track, early summer! There's always guys that show up from your area!!
Sponsored