Sponsored

New owner

John Montana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT 350
Just a quick hello and thank you to the forums. I have always wanted a Shelby, and lurked here (drooling over photos) for a long time. I finally decided I should just make it happen and a few weeks ago I started hunting for a 2017 in either race red or lightning blue. By sheer dumb luck I cam across a race red with black stripes and the electronics package at Sioux city ford in Iowa. This was literally my first choice of color and package. To top it off, the fine people in Iowa sold the car to me for MSRP. I couldn't pass that up so arranged the deal and shipped the car out west to Portland.

It came together much faster and with less angst than I expected, and I am excited beyond belief.

Now the bad part...I am in Minnesota visiting the in laws. The car arrived two days early, so I had to send my sister to pick it up (this wasn't a dealer to dealer transfer) and now I am terrified about what she might do before I make it home! Hah...I did make sure to verify the odometer! When we were kids she "Borrowed" my Jeep Wrangler while I was away and drove the hell out of it...fingers crossed here for sure!

I fly home tomorrow and will head straight to her house to nab my dream car from her garage.

Second piece of bad news...my sister doesn't think she can get the Shelby up the lip of my garage without scraping...hence her taking it to her house. I knew that would be close and am concerned I might have to do something there. My garage is in an alley, so I can't extend the lip very far...going to be sweating this one until I see if she was just being overly cautious or if I need to call some concrete guys. I am hoping it is just the former. If anyone has experience here I would appreciate any advice.

I have an appointment to get the splitter installed Monday, and will start hunting for xpel now...honestly, this happened much faster than I thought and the next 24 hours are going to be excruciating. My dream car is in my sister's garage. Scary thought!

Thanks for all the photos and info from everyone. Excited to finally drive this beast in about 26 hours...but who is counting?
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Race red and black stripes....... A while back I planned on making that my first choice. I wound up getting Oxford white and blue stripes. My R is going to be Avalanche great and black stripes. But I really do like that color combo so much that when I overhauled a golf cart and turnrd it into a street legal LSV, I went with your combination. Welcome! :cheers:

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
i was in portland yesterday, mostly in gresham :thumbsup:

I go there for road trips, what part of portland are u in? maybe next time i could pay a visit

Sponsored

rolaidz

Mustang Virgin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roland
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Infiniti G37S Cpe, Yamaha R6
Congrats! She's gorgeous - and what an easy buying experience you had!

I spent a lot of time in Portland the past couple of years and am a fan of the city and its people :cheers:

OP
OP

John Montana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT 350
I got extremely lucky though. I contacted dozens of dealers and was about to lock up an adm deal out of Vegas when the Iowa deal came together. The dealership was great and really made things simple. I don't expect issues licensing the car in Oregon, but do have my fingers crossed. Biggest worry now is the incline to the garage!

I am down in Wilsonville...suburb south of PDX. Let me know if you end up in the area.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Race red and black stripes....... A while back I planned on making that my first choice. I wound up getting Oxford white and blue stripes. My R is going to be Avalanche great and black stripes. But I really do like that color combo so much that when I overhauled a golf cart and turnrd it into a street legal LSV, I went with your combination. Welcome! :cheers:

Only on FL LOL. I remember when I moved here I was working in the ER and I had my first trauma for " golf cart rollover". Thats when I knew I lived in FL for sure.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Only on FL LOL. I remember when I moved here I was working in the ER and I had my first trauma for " golf cart rollover". Thats when I knew I lived in FL for sure.
Extra wide wheelbase on this one. She'll take a turn at just about full speed. Anyway the point of it was that I really like that color combo.

Sponsored

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R
Really love the red and black. Excellent choice, congratulations!

OP
OP

John Montana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT 350
Got off the plane today and made a beeline for the Shelby. The car blew me away. Looks great, sounds amazing and holy crap does it go fast! Kids and I had a great time driving around this afternoon. No go on the garage though...going to have to try a curb bridge or something. will start digging around for options.

Question, is there a way to lock the settings you like? Sport mode on all fronts was my favorite, hoping it can default to sport.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Question, is there a way to lock the settings you like? Sport mode on all fronts was my favorite, hoping it can default to sport.
Not that I am aware of. Ford performance is supposed to produce a track key that will do all that, but that has been in the catalog as "coming soon" since last Christmas.

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
Congrats in the car! How many miles did your sister put on it? LOL

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
Got off the plane today and made a beeline for the Shelby. The car blew me away. Looks great, sounds amazing and holy crap does it go fast! Kids and I had a great time driving around this afternoon. No go on the garage though...going to have to try a curb bridge or something. will start digging around for options.

HAHA "beeline", that was me too when i got a call from my delivery guy. I was going 80 in my Scion IQ :eyebulge: to get the bae

As for the default Sport setting, the only thing i noticed that is defaulted to Sport is the steering
Sponsored