Sponsored

New Owner here. I have a few questions.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
So it has been sometime since I owned a Ford Mustang. I have a few questions. So I have a brand new 2019 Mustang GT Premium with the 401A and Active exhaust. So a few things i figured out like start up modes and such. However some things have changed and I dont know how to fix it or if something broke.

The first 2 days when I would get out the car the seat would move back and then when I got back in return to set position.
Now today I get out it moves back but, when I get back in it stopped automatically moveing back into my set position? I now have to push the button to get it to move back.

The first day lane assist, the steering vibration when you leave a lane, worked and now today it too has stopped working?
I checked the setting , everything seems to be on I didn't turn anything off between it working and it not working.

The lumbar support is not working at all.

When I put the car into sport + the transmission seems to "chug" (engage rather hard) between gears especially when slowing down. Is that normal? I thought these transmissions were smooth?

And when I go into reverse it seems to take it a few seconds to engage. Is that normal? like its delayed.

I like the car but its a bit of an excitement killer to have issues with a brand new car. So figure I would ask here first before going to dealer and sounding crazy if that's the way stuff works.

Any input would be helpful and any info on anything else I should watch out for. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I can't help with the seat adjustment and the lane adjust features because those are options I don't have.

The way you describe the transmission shifting sounds pretty much how mine is. In the sport/track modes, some of the shifts can be a bit harsh or klunky. And it's pretty common for people to report some delay when shifting from park into R or D. (But it shouldn't be more than two seconds or so.) i suggest you give it a few hundred miles to "learn" and if you still have concerns, ask your dealer to reset the transmission memory and do the shift re-learn procedure. That seems to help sometimes.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Seat adjustment is a known quirk. That feature is the entry/exit assist. Useless for me because I keep the seat all the way back anyways. If your car has the memory seat option, there will be 3 buttons next to the door open release, set one for yourself so if the seat doesn't move when you enter, just press your memory button. The assist feature can be disabled in the settings.

Lane keeping, though enabled in the settings, can be turned off and on by pressing on the end of the turn signal handle. You my have inadvertently turned it off and didn't know it. If you are going to ust this feature, be sure to use turn signals when changing lanes or the car will fight with you. This feature is a good training aid for a girlfriend or wife mod, but otherwise a PIA.

I don't use sport mode much, but since your car is new the transmission is learning how you drive and it takes a while for you to get to know each other. I never noticed a reverse delay.

Enjoy your ride! :like:

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I can't help with the seat adjustment and the lane adjust features because those are options I don't have.

The way you describe the transmission shifting sounds pretty much how mine is. In the sport/track modes, some of the shifts can be a bit harsh or klunky. And it's pretty common for people to report some delay when shifting from park into R or D. (But it shouldn't be more than two seconds or so.) i suggest you give it a few hundred miles to "learn" and if you still have concerns, ask your dealer to reset the transmission memory and do the shift re-learn procedure. That seems to help sometimes.
OK thanks . Yeah IM a new parent and I think everything is a problem LOL. Thats why I was asking here with you good people to see if anything is a worry. Did go ask about the lumbar because it simply is making noise but nothing is happening. Service guy comes right out and blames me...sigh... this is why I sold my honda because everything "was my fault" with them. He said I over inflated it and then sat in it too hard and burst it. I was like the cars got 200 miles on it and I just discovered the lumbar last night. it didn't work the first time I tried it. PLease tell me this isnt the way of all dealers now. blame the customer?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Congrats on the new Mustang and welcome back. No, not all dealers are this way. Sounds like you got a shit for brains tech. Go speak to the service and/or general manager. Their responses will give you a better idea as to the quality of the dealership.

And by the way, those bladders are pretty strong. If you sat down hard enough to burst it you probably broke the seat back as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Seat adjustment is a known quirk. That feature is the entry/exit assist. Useless for me because I keep the seat all the way back anyways. If your car has the memory seat option, there will be 3 buttons next to the door open release, set one for yourself so if the seat doesn't move when you enter, just press your memory button. The assist feature can be disabled in the settings.

Lane keeping, though enabled in the settings, can be turned off and on by pressing on the end of the turn signal handle. You my have inadvertently turned it off and didn't know it. If you are going to ust this feature, be sure to use turn signals when changing lanes or the car will fight with you. This feature is a good training aid for a girlfriend or wife mod, but otherwise a PIA.

I don't use sport mode much, but since your car is new the transmission is learning how you drive and it takes a while for you to get to know each other. I never noticed a reverse delay.

Enjoy your ride! :like:
Thanks. yes I may have hit the stalk button, I'll check that. Yeah I won't use it much but I figure if the car has it , it better work :) strange today I got back in car this afternoon and now the seat went back to position automatically. And again I change nothing. so I guess its quirky like you said. Yes I programed a button for my seating and have been using that. OK good to hear on trans maybe its just a learning curve for the car as it is new. Thanks for all your input.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Congrats on the new Mustang and welcome back. No, not all dealers are this way. Sounds like you got a shit for brains tech. Go speak to the service and/or general manager. Their responses will give you a better idea as to the quality of the dealership.

And by the way, those bladders are pretty strong. If you sat down hard enough to burst it you probably broke the seat back as well.
Yeah I think it was just defective from the factory. Still a bummer. But will get fixed and Life moves on.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Does the Mustang use a bladder for lumbar adjustment ? I don't think Ford use that method any more and certainly manual adjusting lumbar is lever based.

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
Does the Mustang use a bladder for lumbar adjustment ? I don't think Ford use that method any more and certainly manual adjusting lumbar is lever based.
The support is moved by a steel cable. One wnd is fastened to the inner frame of the seat, while the other end is attached to a motor.

Mine stopped working in my 2018 GT, so I took it to the dealer.

When I arrived, it wasn't working. They said that they couldn't find anything wrong, and it was suddenly working for me when I left the dealer.

It failed again on the drive home, and is back to just a faint click whenever I push either end of the switch.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
The support is moved by a steel cable. One wnd is fastened to the inner frame of the seat, while the other end is attached to a motor.

Mine stopped working in my 2018 GT, so I took it to the dealer.

When I arrived, it wasn't working. They said that they couldn't find anything wrong, and it was suddenly working for me when I left the dealer.

It failed again on the drive home, and is back to just a faint click whenever I push either end of the switch.
Yeah i researched it a bit, looks like these things breaking is common. And it does not install faith in my new service department that they dont even know what its made of. As its been a cable system for years not a bladder.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Looks like Ill just live with a broken lumbar on a new car. after reading and watching videos. They seem to just keep breaking and people give up? plus not to sure I want anyone taking seats out of my new car. Seems a good way to get something else broken and scratched up dragging a heavy metal framed item out across paint.

Last edited:

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like Ill just live with a broken lumbar on a new car. after reading and watching videos. They seem to just keep breaking and people give up? plus not to sure I want anyone taking seats out of my new car. Seems a good way to get something else broken and scratched up dragging a heavy metal framed item out across paint.

I plan on looking into this myself as soon as I'm can.

I have no faith in the service department of the dealership where I bought the car.
Sponsored