Sponsored

New oil change options at dealer

• Thread starter Deleted member 37397
  • Start date
  • Watchers 10

Deleted member 37397

Anyone seen these yet? Engine fortifier? BG Engine Assurance? What the eff is that?
6D93D046-A85F-47D8-962B-85F73CBDBBB1.jpeg
F3F34565-8309-4373-A0FF-8F607E5CBAA9.jpeg
Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Are they finally admitting what new cars from the factory come with to reduce noises? Sounds like this is an admittance that Ceratec is OK to use.

OP
OP

Deleted member 37397

Oh you need 10 quarts, well thatā€™s more. Yes. Iā€™m aware.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
BG MOA is being offered now everywhere. My Mercedes dealer just offered it up on my TTV8 E550. Extra money...

Sponsored

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
OP
OP

Deleted member 37397

They only charged me $99. Yes it was 10 quarts of full synthetic. The advisor told me the wrong price, in my favor, for the extra quarts. I brought the filter since last time they had to go to another dealer and get one, as it wasnā€™t in stock. I have the spin on type.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Bells and whistles.

Stock tire arenā€™t rotatable unless you go side to side.

If you canā€™t check and modulate your tire pressures, maybe the GT350 is a bit too much of a car for you.

Most GT350 owners will know how to conduct:
  • an all fluid level check and adjust accordingly with the product they choose; and
  • whatever multipoint inspections are recommended or desired for their vehicles.
I have a hard time accepting a service costing $59.95 will use oil meeting spec
WSS-M2C931-C as directed by Ford much less one costing $119.95 and using a spec oil filter and actually doing all that is advertised.

Has Ford approved the use of additives?

Caveat emptor

CNFLCTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
Can anyone confirm if this is legit? As much as it pains me to say it (and i dont want to open yet another BBQ tick thread), I hope so! My 2019 has 2000 miles on it and has the tick. I'm hopeful that something like this would fix it!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Deleted member 37397

Bells and whistles.

Stock tire arenā€™t rotatable unless you go side to side.

If you canā€™t check and modulate your tire pressures, maybe the GT350 is a bit too much of a car for you.

Most GT350 owners will know how to conduct:
  • an all fluid level check and adjust accordingly with the product they choose; and
  • whatever multipoint inspections are recommended or desired for their vehicles.
I have a hard time accepting a service costing $59.95 will use oil meeting spec
WSS-M2C931-C as directed by Ford much less one costing $119.95 and using a spec oil filter and actually doing all that is advertised.

Has Ford approved the use of additives?

Caveat emptor
Never said I couldnā€™t do any of these. Iā€™m perfectly capable. As far as has Ford approved this stuff? I have no idea. But I hadnā€™t seen it anywhere on the forum and thought Iā€™d bring it up

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Never said I couldnā€™t do any of these. Iā€™m perfectly capable. As far as has Ford approved this stuff? I have no idea. But I hadnā€™t seen it anywhere on the forum and thought Iā€™d bring it up
The vague nature of your post solicited a desire to post my opinion.

I donā€™t think I implied you were gonna do any of it. Apologies for any insult.

OP
OP

Deleted member 37397

The vague nature of your post solicited a desire to post my opinion.

I donā€™t think I implied you were gonna do any of it. Apologies for any insult.
No worries. The world has bigger problems at the moment. I merely had not seen any info on BG MOA or engine assurance, as I know a lot of people take their cars in for oil changes due to warranty concerns / getting it documented, and letā€™s be honest, it is kind of a pain in the ass to change the oil on these cars. I know Iā€™d make a mess. 100% chance of that.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
No worries. The world has bigger problems at the moment. I merely had not seen any info on BG MOA or engine assurance, as I know a lot of people take their cars in for oil changes due to warranty concerns / getting it documented, and letā€™s be honest, it is kind of a pain in the ass to change the oil on these cars. I know Iā€™d make a mess. 100% chance of that.
Form A Funnel helps quite a bit. Theres links in the GT350 Basics stickies on how to do ā€˜cleanā€™ oil changes for both the spin on and canister type filters.

As for the BG MOA, your post is the first Iā€™ve heard of it. Thanks for posting it. I read the product page and it seems like itā€™s hyping the dangers of oxidized oil causing it to turn black and sludgy.

I would think, with todayā€™s synthetics, youā€™d have to skip a few changes for oil to degrade to that point.

OP
OP

Deleted member 37397

Form A Funnel helps quite a bit. Theres links in the GT350 Basics stickies on how to do ā€˜cleanā€™ oil changes for both the spin on and canister type filters.

As for the BG MOA, your post is the first Iā€™ve heard of it. Thanks for posting it. I read the product page and it seems like itā€™s hyping the dangers of oxidized oil causing it to turn black and sludgy.

I would think, with todayā€™s synthetics, youā€™d have to skip a few changes for oil to degrade to that point.
i agree. I think as anal as we are here about oil changes that shouldnā€™t be an issue either
Sponsored