Sponsored

fcuboi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium
Does it make sense, considering the current inflation situation to take the 36 month loan @ 0.9%...or pay cash?
It will almost never make sense to pay cash instead of taking a loan with that rate. You'd only be saving a few hundred on interest anyway
Sponsored

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Do you think the prices will ever be reduced, or once they go up, they will continue to go up.

ie. things go back in order, supply/demand meet. will MSRP's ever "retreat"? or once they move up, they stay up. I only ask, because I dont think ive ever seen an item go down once its been moved up.

or if dealerships ever move to "buy from home/ship to customer" which ive been reading about a lot recently, kind of like Carvana vroom etc. would they reduce pricing to cut out the middle man dealership? Tesla doesnt really have dealerships atleast ive never seen one. but I see those damn cars everywhere. EVERYWHERE. I feel like I see more tesla's than anything in the last year.
Agree with below. But I don't think we have reached the flatline yet. But when we do it will not go back. To many things have happened to keep it from ever contracting without a massive depression.

All the wage increases especially in manufacturing. Production and retail being a major factor. Those companies will have to keep margins up to profit. Those workers would immediately leave on the very assumption of a wage cut. Thus prices won't reduce.

I think price escalation will flatline, but I would be shocked to see any type of price contraction. What I suspect might happen is price stabilization being built into the options rather than starting msrp.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I think some of the price hikes are based on raw material cost increases, but much of the price hikes are likely due to high demand. Especially the Mach 1 and GT500; I suspect most of the price increase on those trims is demand; because they can; its Ford trying to get in on some of the ADM game.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I think some of the price hikes are based on raw material cost increases, but much of the price hikes are likely due to high demand. Especially the Mach 1 and GT500; I suspect most of the price increase on those trims is demand; because they can; its Ford trying to get in on some of the ADM game.
Honestly what difference does it make? It’s all speculation as none of us actually know what’s behind these increases. The plan is simple. If you want a car and cannot afford the increase, order it now. If the increase isn’t an issue what are you waiting for?

stangcrazy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger SRT 392 - I know its not a mustang
its everything that goes into operating the business. Material costs, labor, parts and maintenance to run the business, insurance etc..

Everything we live with has gone up so factor all those cost items into running a auto mfg. Its gotta be insane. Also, they factor in inflation to the dollars of revenue, you can also figure the loss of production for closing plants due to shortages etc..

There is also the cost of debt going up with interest rising, so a cap heavy mfg relies on debt to pay for needed cap investments.

Im building a house and waiting for the loan to close, while that was happening my lumber cost went from 47K to 62K. Cant lock in building materials until the loan is available to pay for it.

Sponsored

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
I was lucky I ordered mine in early February, 2020 at invoice. It was delivered Mar 17 the week everything shut down. I told the dealer I would not take delivery until things opened up a bit. They were very cool, no pressure, “It’s yours, come get it when you’re comfortable.”

Each Sunday I would visit West Valley Ford to drool over it when no one was around. Finally, in early May I picked it up with 0% financing from Ford.

Best car deal I ever made.

I live in mortal fear of it being totaled and what it would cost to replace it, if I could based on the horror stories I read here.

AnalogDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT – 6MT, 401A
Better for Ford to get the money than the stealerships.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Yeah, prices will likely never decrease for these kinds of products, but they might flatline for long enough to fall back in line with "normal" inflationary trends... one day... maybe.

I don't think demand is much higher than normal... the problem is supply.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, prices will likely never decrease for these kinds of products, but they might flatline for long enough to fall back in line with "normal" inflationary trends... one day... maybe.

I don't think demand is much higher than normal... the problem is supply.
Certainly could be. As the 22’ S550 is the end of the line demand would naturally be down. But lack of information on the sale of the S650 could be creating additional demand.

Sponsored

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Certainly could be. As the 22’ S550 is the end of the line demand would naturally be down. But lack of information on the sale of the S650 could be creating additional demand.
Considering the new 40mpg regulation. I would imagine Ford has been quiet as who knows how this is going to affect power plant and drivetrain design.

Longitude Zero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium, 2007 Mustang V6.
Prices will continue to rise. They may level off a bit but they will NEVER go back down. I have never seen that happen in my 6+ decades of time on this rock.

reb0urne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Dark Matter Gray
From Blue Oval Forum

Mustang
  • Increase GT Premium series prices $1,020 MSRP
  • Increase Mach 1 series prices $2,000 MSRP
  • Increase Shelby GT500 series prices $2,000 MSRP
  • Increase 101A Equipment Group prices $200 MSRP
  • Increase 201A Equipment Group prices $100 MSRP
  • Increase 301A Equipment Group prices $100 MSRP
  • Increase 401A Equipment Group prices $100 MSRP
  • Increase Destination & Delivery prices $200 MSRP
EFFECTIVE DATE
Dealer Invoice changes will be effective April 13,, 2022.

PRICE PROTECTION
2022 model units invoiced prior to April 13, 2022 will not be re-invoiced.

Automatic price protection will be provided on:
• Firm 2022-model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before April 12, 2022, and received by Ford Motor Company on or before April 18, 2022.
Is this price on top of current Build and Price? The prices currently are already higher than MSRP from February when I picked up my car. If that's the case it looks like there will be two price increases since then.

Mustang GT Premium
Base MSRP (February) $40,450
Base MSRP (Today) $41,275
Base MSRP (April 13) $42,275???

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
electronics have gone down year over year and dramatically so.
but those are built overseas by non-union workforce so...

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Is this price on top of current Build and Price? The prices currently are already higher than MSRP from February when I picked up my car. If that's the case it looks like there will be two price increases since then.

Mustang GT Premium
Base MSRP (February) $40,450
Base MSRP (Today) $41,275
Base MSRP (April 13) $42,275???
As these increases do not go into effect until Wednesday, I’m going to presume you will see them added to the current B&P numbers.
Sponsored