Sponsored

New Mustang GT PP1 or New BMW M4 with Competition Package?

Mustang GT PP1 or BMW M4

• GT

Votes: 81 56.3%
  • M4

Votes: 63 43.8%

• Total voters

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I tell you I made a mistake selling my E92 m3 a year ago as I am shocked on how much the value has gone up on those cars. I sold mine for near $38k a year ago and that same car could probably fetch over $40k now. A clean 2008 M3 with 80k miles sold for $34k on BAT, a clean low mileage 2013 M3 could be near $45k now.

Some people on M3post got 5% off.
If I could buy a brand new E92 M3 with a warranty I would be interested. I looked at one a couple years ago. I didn't buy because it was in limp mode with a million check engine lights, but it was a nice car and I love the idea of the high revving V8. The price on the car was $20k. Cheap because people know that it will need expensive repairs like the rod bearings, etc.

I really wish BMW would make a car as close as possible to the E92 M3. The straight 6 garbage they are making now really sucks. However, even at the original price not adjusted for inflation, an E92 M3 costs more than I want to spend on a car.

If someone were to give me a brand new E92 M3 with a warranty I would 100% take that car over a PP1 Mustang. No question.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dom1232

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dominic
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have an E90 335i and a Mustang GT. I rarely drive the Mustang (900 miles in a year). It just feels big and heavy compared to the BMW.
Yet look at the weight of an M4....

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
If I could buy a brand new E92 M3 with a warranty I would be interested. I looked at one a couple years ago. I didn't buy because it was in limp mode with a million check engine lights, but it was a nice car and I love the idea of the high revving V8. The price on the car was $20k. Cheap because people know that it will need expensive repairs like the rod bearings, etc.

I really wish BMW would make a car as close as possible to the E92 M3. The straight 6 garbage they are making now really sucks. However, even at the original price not adjusted for inflation, an E92 M3 costs more than I want to spend on a car.

If someone were to give me a brand new E92 M3 with a warranty I would 100% take that car over a PP1 Mustang. No question.
To be honest the price of a new M4 isn't that much off of what I paid for my E92 M3 when new. I bought my last M3 in June 2013 for $73k, not to far off of what I would spec a new G82 at.

To your point though, I agree. The E92 M3 in a lot of people's eye is probably the last great M3. I sold the car because someone offered what I felt at the time was ridiculous money for my car. This happened right when the pandemic hit and my wife lost her job. They were practically giving Mustangs away, I felt now was the time.

IMG_20210411_154504304_HDR_PORTRAIT.jpg

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
To be honest the price of a new M4 isn't that much off of what I paid for my E92 M3 when new. I bought my last M3 in June 2013 for $73k, not to far off of what I would spec a new G82 at.

To your point though, I agree. The E92 M3 in a lot of people's eye is probably the last great M3. I sold the car because someone offered what I felt at the time was ridiculous money for my car. This happened right when the pandemic hit and my wife lost her job. They were practically giving Mustangs away, I felt now was the time.

IMG_20210411_154504304_HDR_PORTRAIT.jpg
I'd love to have an E92 M3. That v8 makes it a special experience, reliability issues be damned. The new turbo v6 isn't exciting to me even if it's faster. But I like a good experience.

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
I don't find the M4 or M3 to be very compelling vehicles at all. I'd rather have a M2 Comp over the M4 and spend the difference on a Dinan tune and some suspension upgrades.

I'd rather have a Giulia QV over the M3. The Alfa is better looking, has a more engaging engine and has that super quick steering rack.

I think I'd take a AMG C63S over the M3/M4 also. Better looking and has a V8.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd love to have an E92 M3. That v8 makes it a special experience, reliability issues be damned. The new turbo v6 isn't exciting to me even if it's faster. But I like a good experience.
Actually the E92 M3s were pretty reliable. Yes rod bearings and other issues are there but all in all a very stout car. Had mine for 7 years not one issue.

IMG_20190831_151827911.jpg

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't find the M4 or M3 to be very compelling vehicles at all. I'd rather have a M2 Comp over the M4 and spend the difference on a Dinan tune and some suspension upgrades.

I'd rather have a Giulia QV over the M3. The Alfa is better looking, has a more engaging engine and has that super quick steering rack.

I think I'd take a AMG C63S over the M3/M4 also. Better looking and has a V8.
The Alfa has no manual and is a nightmare when it comes to reliability.

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
You hit your head really hard please find nearest ER.
lol, BMW makes sedans, sorry, sport saloons. Probably the last one that caught my eye was the Z8, I liked that one. I think their older cars look WAY better than the new ones but it's all subjective. To each his own.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
lol, BMW makes sedans, sorry, sport saloons. Probably the last one that caught my eye was the Z8, I liked that one. I think their older cars look WAY better than the new ones but it's all subjective. To each his own.
Kids drugs are bad.......

Sponsored

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
The Alfa has no manual and is a nightmare when it comes to reliability.
I'd rather have the ZF, with those nice big paddles. The manual they offer in Europe doesn't seem to be that great, anyway. The 17's and early 18's had software issues but they seem to have worked most of that out, now. The powertrain has always been solid. The M3 is a nice car but the Alfa has some of that Ferrari "specialness".

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd rather have the ZF, with those nice big paddles. The manual they offer in Europe doesn't seem to be that great, anyway. The 17's and early 18's had software issues but they seem to have worked most of that out, now. The powertrain has always been solid. The M3 is a nice car but the Alfa has some of that Ferrari "specialness".

Also have to remember, the M4 is a coupe. The Alfa doesn't have a coupe. The post is regarding the M4 not the M3.

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Then all you need is a transmission and an Engine.
Dealers are having them made, buying them and then reselling them at a jacked up price. Order direct from Backdraft it comes with everything. I had one priced out at 70K with just about everything optional on it. 42K for everything except the engine and trans. Headers, mounts, fuel tanks, cooling, radiator, wiring harness all included.
Sponsored

Last edited: