Sponsored

New Mustang direct fit Flowforged by MRR wheels Preview

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I don't see any difference at all in the design between LMR's new wheels and the MMR wheels other than the center cap.
Yeah, when I saw them, I had to do a double take because they look identical.
Sponsored

bandit67

Mustang Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2007 SPJ 302, 2019 Ranger
The specs all appear to be identical too. Should be interesting to see what pans out.

Have to assume that if MRR did the original design, and someone didn't screw up some paperwork somewhere, they have an exclusive for some period of time. Sure looks like SVE is getting them from the same mfr.

DennisP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'm curious to see how this pans out as well...
I don't know that we know that these are "exactly" the same as the M600 wheels, but if the MRR M350/SVE S350 wheels are an indication, they will be very very close. The thing is, in both cases, these are "replica" wheels, so the design is a copy of an OEM design, not an original; ie the M600 is based on the Ford GT wheel design, and the M350 is a replica of the GT350 wheel design, so we are definitely in a grey area legally...

I'm of the opinion that the devil is in the details, so I think the extra money is worth it for MRR vs SVE, with no disrespect toward SVE wheels or anyone who owns them.

The specs all appear to be identical too. Should be interesting to see what pans out.

Have to assume that if MRR did the original design, and someone didn't screw up some paperwork somewhere, they have an exclusive for some period of time. Sure looks like SVE is getting them from the same mfr.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I think that's just the way things go. Just like buying a Mustang and the next year they're better, faster cheaper... My wheels came in today and I absolutely love them! Worth every penny. Sure I would like to have paid less but the way I look at it is when Carlos @ MRR introduced these to us, they were exactly what I wanted and the price was acceptable then, that didn't change. I'm going to REALLY hate pulling these off the car when winter comes!
Dock_new_sm.jpg

Eisman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang.... Duhhhh
I'm curious to see how this pans out as well...
I don't know that we know that these are "exactly" the same as the M600 wheels, but if the MRR M350/SVE S350 wheels are an indication, they will be very very close. The thing is, in both cases, these are "replica" wheels, so the design is a copy of an OEM design, not an original; ie the M600 is based on the Ford GT wheel design, and the M350 is a replica of the GT350 wheel design, so we are definitely in a grey area legally...

I'm of the opinion that the devil is in the details, so I think the extra money is worth it for MRR vs SVE, with no disrespect toward SVE wheels or anyone who owns them.
I agree to an extent... The M600 wheels were engineered by someone to be a perfect fit for the S550 mustang. That kind of design work costs money. Hopefully another company isn't just rebranding a product after the r&d has been completed by someone else. Either way, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Sponsored

Eisman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang.... Duhhhh
I think that's just the way things go. Just like buying a Mustang and the next year they're better, faster cheaper... My wheels came in today and I absolutely love them! Worth every penny. Sure I would like to have paid less but the way I look at it is when Carlos @ MRR introduced these to us, they were exactly what I wanted and the price was acceptable then, that didn't change. I'm going to REALLY hate pulling these off the car when winter comes!
Looks amazing!!! What tires did you choose again?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Looks amazing!!! What tires did you choose again?
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 275/40R19 I love these tires too! Still green but OMG! :headbang:

bandit67

Mustang Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2007 SPJ 302, 2019 Ranger
Now that I see an actual production set on a Mustang, dang, these wheels are SWEET!

S550Sovereign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Ecoboost with PP
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 275/40R19 I love these tires too! Still green but OMG! :headbang:
Are you lowered on springs if so what kind? Also what is your opinion about using a 35 profile for these tires instead of a 40?

Thanks for the help. Your car is amazing!

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Are you lowered on springs if so what kind? Also what is your opinion about using a 35 profile for these tires instead of a 40?

Thanks for the help. Your car is amazing!
I'm on Steeda Progressive springs which lowers front 1.125" and rear 1", then I have a spring spacer in the rear which is a 1/8" spacer raising it 1/4". I think these springs are the perfect balance. They ride better than the stock EB PP springs and really improve the handling with reduced dive on braking, nose up launching and roll in corners. My wife begged me not to lower this car but then thanked me when I did.

I can't compare the the 35 to 40 AR because I'm coming from the stock EB PP size of 255/40/19 to these 275/40/19. I can say that I didn't want to reduce the sidewall. Increasing the section width with the same AR actually increases the sidewall just a little but going with a 285/35 still would have been a reduction. Until I put them on the car, I was still wondering if I made the right choice but I'm very glad I went with the 275/40/19.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
I'm on Steeda Progressive springs which lowers front 1.125" and rear 1", then I have a spring spacer in the rear which is a 1/8" spacer raising it 1/4". I think these springs are the perfect balance. They ride better than the stock EB PP springs and really improve the handling with reduced dive on braking, nose up launching and roll in corners. My wife begged me not to lower this car but then thanked me when I did.

I can't compare the the 35 to 40 AR because I'm coming from the stock EB PP size of 255/40/19 to these 275/40/19. I can say that I didn't want to reduce the sidewall. Increasing the section width with the same AR actually increases the sidewall just a little but going with a 285/35 still would have been a reduction. Until I put them on the car, I was still wondering if I made the right choice but I'm very glad I went with the 275/40/19.
Glad your enjoying them brotha.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Glad your enjoying them brotha.
I owe it to a man, his crew, pizza and beer! It took a while to get those babies unboxed and mounted. They were wrapped up and protected very well, thanks for that!

I don't know about my UPS driver... When I said wheels, he said yeah I guessed that right away. He's delivered many things to my house and guessed that the wheels were for my wife's Mazda CX5 SUV! :headbonk:

Eisman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang.... Duhhhh
Awesome!!! I'm happy you got them!!!

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
I owe it to a man, his crew, pizza and beer! It took a while to get those babies unboxed and mounted. They were wrapped up and protected very well, thanks for that!

I don't know about my UPS driver... When I said wheels, he said yeah I guessed that right away. He's delivered many things to my house and guessed that the wheels were for my wife's Mazda CX5 SUV! :headbonk:
Well Im glad you liked our packaging as well haha.
Sponsored