Sponsored

New Member to the GT500 Club

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Brought home my first ever Shelby last night, I love this car….although I did find a little oil under where the rear diff sits, she’s headed to the dealer for a check up shortly.
580912E0-DAA0-4C28-B9C3-675168F0E1A6.jpeg
Sponsored

Sponsored

OP
OP
DuRsT

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To make matters worse I stopped in at my local Ford dealer this morning to set up an appointment for service with them......they are booked out until September 3rd.

I called the guy I bought it from and yelled at him a bit, their dealership owns a Ford dealer about 35 minutes away and he is going to see if they can pull some strings to get me in sooner.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
To make matters worse I stopped in at my local Ford dealer this morning to set up an appointment for service with them......they are booked out until September 3rd.

I called the guy I bought it from and yelled at him a bit, their dealership owns a Ford dealer about 35 minutes away and he is going to see if they can pull some strings to get me in sooner.
Did you buy this car used?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I hope at 84 I still have the ability to cognitively operate a car such as this.

The leaking fitting isn't uncommon and can be taken care of in short order. No biggie.

Car looks great though and I love the color.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DuRsT

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope at 84 I still have the ability to cognitively operate a car such as this.

The leaking fitting isn't uncommon and can be taken care of in short order. No biggie.

Car looks great though and I love the color.
I had a similar thought, the guy was kind of inspiring to me.

From what I've read you're correct, this isn't uncommon. Unfortunately I have also read that the parts required to fix this are typically on national backorder. I called the dealer that I bought the car from back earlier and they got a few days shaved off and got me an appointment set up on the 31st.

Would you guys still drive the car, or just leave it?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Just got off the phone with my Ford Parts guru and he mentioned the backorder as well.

I'd be driving the car. The drips are near insignificant. Life is too short to not enjoy the car when and while you can. Just ask the previous owner, I'm sure he'd agree.

OP
OP
DuRsT

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I just got back from the dealer, they have ordered the top line and adapter, parts should supposedly be here in two days. Foreman is Shelby certified, and is saying he will work this in ASAP and get it knocked out in a morning. They did check fluid level and barely anything was missing. I was having fun on the way home with it and thought I was going to get a ticket 😂

More updates to come.

3A0C04FA-EFBD-45AA-BDA5-EA3A3EDF0D68.jpeg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Well I just got back from the dealer, they have ordered the top line and adapter, parts should supposedly be here in two days. Foreman is Shelby certified, and is saying he will work this in ASAP and get it knocked out in a morning. They did check fluid level and barely anything was missing. I was having fun on the way home with it and thought I was going to get a ticket 😂

More updates to come.

3A0C04FA-EFBD-45AA-BDA5-EA3A3EDF0D68.jpeg
You weren't having enough fun if you didn't get a ticket, have another go at it - you only live once! 😁

But all kidding aside, beautiful GT500 - don't sweat the small stuff. That fitting leak is common - agreed it shouldn't be happening, but a minor inconvenience with such a spectacular platform is nothing to worry about.

Best of luck with it!

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
Congrats, looks very nice! I hope your issue is resolved quickly/easily.
Sponsored