Sponsored

New Member Saying Hello and an Initial Question

bLuE_UK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd pop up an initial thread to say hello and also seek some advice from fellow UK owners.

I've been lurking for a little while reading the occasional post and trying to patiently bide my time for my car to arrive.

Huge thanks to Manders and those that contributed to the detailed order process thread that was a huge help and gave a much more accurate view of expected timelines. Much better than the "yeh it'll prob be six months but most likely sooner as Ford are ramping up production" that I got from the dealership.

Enough of the waffle more about what I ordered. Back in April I opted for a Magnetic GT with Custom Pack and have been informed that this should be landing in Southampton this weekend. It's been a rediculous wait, but one that is very near the end now. And with estimated pickup time from dealer of the 31st its finally starting to feel real now.

I already have a mod list forming in my mind, but I'm planning to wait a while first so that I don't get carried away.
Well maybe just the clutch spring for now, as I wasn't overly sold on the clutch feel, but the rest of the car made up for it.

I'm also wondering if any local owners are able to recommend a reputable detailer around the West Midlands area? Id like to get a good layer of protection on the car as soon after pickup as possible that would last a reasonable amount of time.

Cheers,
Martin
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Autobrite in Stoke-on-Trent just of the A500

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Hey [MENTION=27818]bLuE_UK[/MENTION]

Welcome to the forum :)!

Fords updates are pretty much finger in the air! ordering back in April, bet you're looking forward to getting your car!

Layer of protection, are we talking detail or clear bra/wrap. If detail, can't help but [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] maybe able to (he's stoke way).

What dealership are you getting your car from? Birmingham ford? Or wolverhampton? or somewhere else?
Most details take 1-3 days depending on what kind of protection you have, the cure time etc, clear wrap would be up to a week (And extortionate!)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like gibbo beat me to it ;)!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
:welcome: Congratulations and good choice of colour; you'll love it.
Eight months though is five less ridiculous than my wait time ;)

Sponsored

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
dropped mine off midday on saturday picked up 5:30pm following friday ish
wrap and detail so yeah the ppf takes a time (and yes is extortionate)
Yeah ppf is very dear, I opted for clingfilm myself ;) :D

OP
OP

bLuE_UK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Awesome stuff guys will give them a look see.

May not go overboard then, can't be doing without a car for more than a day or two ideally, so likely a good detail and decent coat of wax may be the current limit, more money for the mod fund then rather than anymore robust protection.

Sounds like the wait could have been much worse, I won't complain too much more then :p

I ordered through Allen Ford Warwick as it was the closest dealer to me. I'm in Coventry, I think there are a couple round this way. I drive past a magnetic (ecoboost i think) on the way to work everyday, hasn't made the wait any easier :p

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

May not go overboard then, can't be doing without a car for more than a day or two ideally, so likely a good detail and decent coat of wax may be the current limit, more money for the mod fund then rather than anymore robust protection.

Sounds like the wait could have been much worse, I won't complain too much more then :p

I ordered through Allen Ford Warwick as it was the closest dealer to me. I'm in Coventry, I think there are a couple round this way. I drive past a magnetic (ecoboost i think) on the way to work everyday, hasn't made the wait any easier :p

Contact Autobrite, tell them I sent you, if the paint is pretty good their rates are unbeatable, be about £100 with a coat of Abyss which is superb.

Also if you have it done via them, it takes them 3-5hr to do, so if you wanted I'd happily pick you up from their show you mine and then you could hang out at Overclockers UK for a few hours and play on Project car in VR and just chill out.

Also if you go in Autobrites shop maybe don't take your wallet, I was there other day with no intention to buy anything, left £350 lighter. :D

OP
OP

bLuE_UK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Contact Autobrite, tell them I sent you, if the paint is pretty good their rates are unbeatable, be about £100 with a coat of Abyss which is superb.

Also if you have it done via them, it takes them 3-5hr to do, so if you wanted I'd happily pick you up from their show you mine and then you could hang out at Overclockers UK for a few hours and play on Project car in VR and just chill out.

Also if you go in Autobrites shop maybe don't take your wallet, I was there other day with no intention to buy anything, left £350 lighter. :D
Very kind, once it's in my possession and I can look at actual dates to sort something, I'll defo look to take you up on that offer.

Although I'd be more worried about leaving lots of my money at ocuk, used you guys for all of my self builds in the past :D

Sponsored

CoventryCapri

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting Race Red Mustang GT

Same dealer and city as me then... I know the magnetic eco owner, i know of a race red GT and then my RR GT as well.

Maybe get a little Coventry meet on the go once you've collected.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Same dealer and city as me then... I know the magnetic eco owner, i know of a race red GT and then my RR GT as well.

Maybe get a little Coventry meet on the go once you've collected.
Might have to pop over for that ;)! Im near Lichfield.

There's a CO owner but he's hardly on the forums anymore (called Mike Carter IIRC)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

CoventryCapri

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting Race Red Mustang GT
Might have to pop over for that ;)! Im near Lichfield.

There's a CO owner but he's hardly on the forums anymore (called Mike Carter IIRC)
Definitely...

Coincidence you say that, I work over in Warwick and sat next to a CO in traffic last night, never seen it in that colour before... looked good!

Still like that there's not that many around this way...
Sponsored