New Member MACH 1 INCOMING

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
So the Mach 1 can be had in black according to the price list. Interesting 🤔
That’s what I ordered, should be bad ass with red brembos and upgraded wheels!
Sponsored

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just had a look at the brochure, couple of observations

1) no rear parking sensors on the mach1? Really? Is the camera available? That on its own would probably rule the car out as I reverse into my garage which is tricky enough

2) Things on the additional to GT list include, brembo 6 piston, PS4S tyres, last time I looked my GT had those too?

Other stuff is on that list that is just 'filling it out' borderline 'extras' most of the stuff is just different, a Mach 1 motiff instead of the GT badge etc

I appreciate the tremec lifted from the GT350 and the changes to suspension setup. Ford should just focus on things that matter not all the other stuff that really doesn't matter and offers no real advantage.

I'm not a hater but I don't like the standard wheels, the optional wheels aren't great (GT wheels are fairly dull too) and all the Mach1 badges and would look better without and neither someone who would entertain one that price either.

Thing is though it's not my money and I do concede even at that price it still offers something that very little else does, if anything (other than the cheaper GT), so I suppose I'm beginning to eat my own words

I'm torn, I like many parts but dislike a fair few and a price i can't seem to get my head round is the best way I can describe my feelings on it

I'm sure it will be brilliant!!!

Enjoy

Last edited:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
2) Things on the additional to GT list include, brembo 6 piston, PS4S tyres, last time I looked my GT had those too?
Ref the PS4S - the US PP1’s are going back on Pirelli’s so I suspect a standard U.K. GT will follow suit ... :frown:

If you are into conspiracy’s, one could argue that ford has done that to distance the Mach 1’s handling from the GT / PP1. Kind of like damping down the manual gearing with the MT82-D4 when the A10 came along ... lol

WD :like

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
Just had a look at the brochure, couple of observations

1) no rear parking sensors on the mach1? Really? Is the camera available? That on its own would probably rule the car out as I reverse into my garage which is tricky enough

Other stuff is on that list that is just 'filling it out' borderline 'extras' most of the stuff is just different, a Mach 1 motiff instead of the GT badge etc

I appreciate the tremec lifted from the GT350 and the changes to suspension setup. Ford should just focus on things that matter not all the other stuff that really doesn't matter and offers no real advantage.

I'm not a hater but I don't like the standard wheels, the optional wheels aren't great (GT wheels are fairly dull too) and all the Mach1 badges and would look better without and neither someone who would entertain one that price either.

Thing is though it's not my money and I do concede even at that price it still offers something that very little else does, if anything (other than the cheaper GT), so I suppose I'm beginning to eat my own words

I'm torn, I like many parts but dislike a fair few and a price i can't seem to get my head round is the best way I can describe my feelings on it

I'm sure it will be brilliant!!!

Enjoy
1) Yes the camera is still there. It has the GT500 rear bumper and diffuser along with the diff cooler, so there are no reverse sensors. It also only has cruise control as the new front bumper stops the adaptive radar unit from working.
2) That UK brochure has mistakes as they don't list the Brembos on the GT, but read further and they are also there.

Some items on the Mach 1 are for some reason not explored or explained in the brochure, but I guess things get lost in translation between departments and those who put the brochures together.

Basically, the main differences between the GT and Mach 1 are -
  • GT350 intake manifold and open-air filter box with a cone filter,
  • 87mm throttle body
  • New engine oil filter adapter delivers oil to GT350 air-to-oil cooler.
  • Front and rear subframes from the GT350 with better bushings
  • GT350 6 Speed Tremec 3160 Manual with Rev Matching
  • or 10 Speed Auto with upgraded auto transmission calibration.
  • GT500 rear diffuser and bumper
  • New bumper design
  • New wheel designs
  • Magneride recalibrated for the Mach 1 and now a standard feature.
  • Unique 4.5" Exhaust Tips with perforations to enhance sound quality
  • GT350 Transmission oil cooler on Tremec 3160
  • GT500 rear axle cooling system built into rear diffuser
  • New belly pan and front splitter
  • Stiffer anti-roll bars and front springs
  • PP2 brake booster with faster response time
  • GT500 rear toe-link
  • Nav and B&O system as standard
  • Two exclusive Mach 1 only colours
  • Options - Y Spoke alloys, paint and Recaro seats
Can't wait for mine to turn up!

Last edited:

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my first GT in 2015 first deliveries, the excitement was immense and I'm not sure if some of the original guys are still on here.I then bought the face lift in 2018, Which had great upgrades.I missed out on the Bullitt which eventually ended up near 50k.
The original V8 IN 2015 was a great Bargain,and as much as I like the Mach 1 and considered getting it, I knew it would be well over 50k which to be honest was beyond me.
After 5 yrs and 2 mustangs I sold it at the end of last year,it was a tough decision but it was time to move on.I hope you enjoy your Mach 1's when they arrive and good luck đź‘Ť
Sponsored