Sponsored

New member looking to buy a 2017 Mustang GT

RiverRat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
Hello all!

First I use to have a 2001 GT back in the day currently rolling around in my 2016 FoCus ST. My buddy has a 2016 GT and I like how it rides handles etc but my question for the group is should I buy a 2017 one the 2018 drop and the incentives are crazy because they just want to make room for the 2018? Should I hold off and just buy a 2018? Or should I hold out for 2019 in the hopes that Ford Drops the Mach 1 on us? Choices choices... If I get the 2017 I am looking at getting the RTR SPEC 1 as the dealership here sells hem and I do love the aero package that comes on the RTR. Any thoughts to this would be helpful. And if anyone has insight on when the best time to buy a 2017 would be with the incentives going up would be great.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Do a little research and figure out if what the improved 18 offers is worth the investment to you. Vs. the 17 with rebates. Only you know your financial situation.

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
If you like the '17 RTR spec car...then get it!

The '18 has some decent and desirable mechanical upgrades/options available...25 hp, available 10 speed automatic, active exhaust, magnaride suspension, digital dash...etc.
However, the '18 is more expensive to purchase and option out.
The new front end styling refresh is not to everyone's liking...others absolutely love it.
Probably will not be any $$ incentives/financing deals on the '18s.

I'm guessing the '17 RTR is probably a high option/content/price car and may require some additional dealer money on the table to move it.
There should continue to be great dealer/manufacturer rebates and incentives available on the '17s throughout the end of the year.

If it were me, I would get the RTR.
Best of luck with whatever you decide to purchase.
The most important part of this process is the YOU love the car.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
I would do the 17 myself... prob wont be any deals on the 18's and the price difference is up in Chevy land now. For that kinda scratch there are better cars/more desirable cars out there. Just my 2c

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I think for me it would come down to how much I liked the styling of the 2018. If I did not like it as much as the 2017, then it would be an easy decision to get the 2017.

If I liked the 2018, then I'd probably wait as long as possible to see what happens with prices and special editions.

-T

Sponsored

DrChemE Hog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I recently purchased a '17 GT PP. The '18 was intriguing but the deal I got on my '17 paired with my preference on the looks sold me. If you do go with and '18, you may want to wait until next summer when you'll be able to get a better deal. Good luck!

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I custom ordered an '18 fully specced out . But like [MENTION=15685]bluebeastsrt[/MENTION] only you know our financial situation. I like the options on it and personally I like the front end more than the 15-17. The '18 looks meaner. But it all depends on what you like.

DrChemE Hog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I custom ordered an '18 fully specced out . But like [MENTION=15685]bluebeastsrt[/MENTION] only you know our financial situation. I like the options on it and personally I like the front end more than the 15-17. The '18 looks meaner. But it all depends on what you like.
When do you get to take delivery? Based on the options in your signature, that thing is going to be quick!

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
When do you get to take delivery? Based on the options in your signature, that thing is going to be quick!
I haven't gotten a VIN or Build Date yet. They have to wait till QC gives the OK to buy on their first stock orders. But I'm hoping I'll receive it by November/December. Yes, it will be quick. The way I see it since I'm custom ordering a mustang I'll just get everything on it. Spec it out to the fullest.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Do a little research and figure out if what the improved 18 offers is worth the investment to you. Vs. the 17 with rebates. Only you know your financial situation.
^This^ I find myself agreeing with you often, I guess I'm getting old! Just kidding, it's nice to have some seasoned member's here to help shoot the next Gen in the right direction!

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
^This^ I find myself agreeing with you often, I guess I'm getting old!
:cheers:That or your just really loaded up with common sense!:D

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
:cheers:That or your just really loaded up with common sense!:D
What is this "common sense" you speak of?

OP like everyone stated we don't know what you want, or how much money you have to spend. Only you know whether or not it's worth it.

OP
OP
RiverRat

RiverRat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
Thanks for all the input and the money is not an issue I just like getting the best deal possible. Personally I think car prices have gotten way out of control. Yes tech has gotten better but I can remember when I dad bought a 1990 GT and paid $14k for it new of the lot. Oh and by the way I'm no young buck here either lol. Just wanting some info from the people who have been in the mustang world more recently than I have as the last GT I had was a 2001. I think I will end up going with the '17 RTR as he dealership is offering it with all the incentives that come with the GT I just pay the price for the RTR package which I'm ok with. Any ideas if the incentives will get better once he '18 hits?

1966 Sunbeam Tiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Aston Martin Vantage
My 2016 GT Premium PP 401A will be for sale early next year. It is in storage right now. I am in Afghanistan.

Magnetic Metallic with black racing stripe. Steeda lowering springs 1" (have the OEM also). ~20,000 miles. Extended BtoB to 50K.

Last edited:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Get a Steeda Q car. Comes with a suspension that isn't a vague, bouncy experience.

I'll sell my car for $45K. ;)
Sponsored