New member in GTA

20CanadianBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang BULLITT L1667
Hi all, I’m new here. I am 66 and I just bought myself a 2020 GT Premium Fastback, manual transmission, Rapid Red. In fact, the order was just placed with the factory about 12 hours ago so if anyone is interested in order/delivery time, I will post updates. I live just east of Toronto and this car is . . . . well it’s my retirement gift to myself! I drove a friends new Bullitt about 16 months ago and I knew I had to make this longtime dream/car happen.
I just want to say this forum is awesome, I’ve spent hours reading the threads many of you have contributed to and your opinions and feedback have been invaluable as I put together my build list.
I’ve had a lot of vehicles over the years but I can honestly say I have never been so excited as I am about this Mustang!
Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Welcome and that's fantastic!!

I'm a decade + younger than you but had a similar moment that made me buy my new 2016 ... saw a fella in his 70's I'd guess driving a brand new Porsche. I decided at that point in time that I needed to follow my dream before I reached his age. A week or 2 later I had my new GT.

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the family Don :beer:
I’ve had mine for 4 years now and love every minute with her.
I find the guys on this forum, for the most part, have nothing to prove. They are here to enjoy a stang family and give a helping hand when they can :thumbsup:

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
Welcome to the family. I am also in Toronto so if you ever want to come to Cars and Coffee, or any of the mustang club events let me know and we can meet up.

Congratulations on the new ride!

OP
OP
20CanadianBullitt

20CanadianBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I appreciate that. I’m likely going to join both the Durham as well as the Golden Horseshoe Mustang clubs. Do you have any suggestions or an opinion on that? I’m looking forward to the social aspect of owning a Mustang. I will look forward to seeing your Magnetic ride as I was this close to that colour before eventually settling on Rapid Red.

Sponsored

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I appreciate that. I’m likely going to join both the Durham as well as the Golden Horseshoe Mustang clubs. Do you have any suggestions or an opinion on that? I’m looking forward to the social aspect of owning a Mustang. I will look forward to seeing your Magnetic ride as I was this close to that colour before eventually settling on Rapid Red.
I’m not too familiar with those clubs. I’m aware of the Ontario Mustang Club, the Mississauga Mustang Club. I’m also just getting into the clubs so I can’t speak to that but the guys that come to cars and coffee are fantastic. Lots of fun. There is the season opener for the Mississauga Mustang Group in may. There is a group cruise.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Welcome! Post some pics when she arrives :D

OP
OP
20CanadianBullitt

20CanadianBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
For anyone who might be interested, order was placed with the dealer on Feb 24, accepted into the "Ford system" on Feb 27. I now have the VIN (surprised to see this so early in the process) and the vehicle is scheduled to be built week of April 13.

Side note for anyone living in Ontario, I hope I can plate this thing while we are back temporarily on the "old" blue on white plate. I know this is personal preference but IMHO, our "new" white on blue plate is terrible, butt ugly in fact, and our government seriously messed up on this. Again, strictly this guy's opinion!

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
For anyone who might be interested, order was placed with the dealer on Feb 24, accepted into the "Ford system" on Feb 27. I now have the VIN (surprised to see this so early in the process) and the vehicle is scheduled to be built week of April 13.

Side note for anyone living in Ontario, I hope I can plate this thing while we are back temporarily on the "old" blue on white plate. I know this is personal preference but IMHO, our "new" white on blue plate is terrible, butt ugly in fact, and our government seriously messed up on this. Again, strictly this guy's opinion!
For me I hate the slogan on the new license plate. At first I didn’t like the design but due to the color of my car the white on blue looks 100x better than the blue on white. It all depends on the color of your car. The other benefit is that the plates are no longer oversized. We will see what happens and if the design remains the same because like the articles said my current plate is impossible to read under certain conditions.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Wow thats fast. I didnt get my VIN for about a month after dealer placed my order. Total time from order to car at dealer for pickup was almost 11 weeks. I'd also like a Blue Plate on my black S550! But keep the white on my white Civic.

Sponsored

r-model

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 1987 GT, not stock :-) DD - 2001 F150
Welcome, since you are in Pickering, go by DaSilva racing on Brock Rd, just south of the 401, this is one of the best Mustang shops around. You might also want to check out the Canadian Mustang Registry, they will have a booth at the Motorama show coming up.

OP
OP
20CanadianBullitt

20CanadianBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
I was talking to my brother this week, he has a black 2017 S550 drop-top and he wants the new plate! I agree, the plate will definitely work with some colours, particularly black. Not so sure about my Rapid Red . . . :). It'll be fine, a plate is just a plate.

DaSilva . . . I've been drooling over some of their work for years! Fabulous looks and some killer exhaust notes! Just today mailed in my membership cheque to the Durham Mustang Club. Seems like DaSilva has close ties to this club. Also joined the Greater Horseshoe Club this week.

I priced out 3M and XPEL this week, if I do this it will likely just be the nose. I'd rather not have to do it but as anyone in the GTA knows, our roads (particularly the 407) just beat the heck out of the front end.

I'd welcome any thoughts on paint film. I did the front end (nose and 24" into the hood and fenders) of my 2017 CTS in XPEL, looked fine and seemed to do the job.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Congratulations on your new toy. I did something similar... I've always wanted a performance car and decided when I turned 50 I would buy a 5.0. The fact the car is in the garage for the winter is killing me. I'm going to check out the Mustang clubs and would love to partake in a meet-up/cruise. I'm in the KW area. Haven't seen or heard of any sort of social Mustang related gatherings here.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
I was talking to my brother this week, he has a black 2017 S550 drop-top and he wants the new plate! I agree, the plate will definitely work with some colours, particularly black. Not so sure about my Rapid Red . . . :). It'll be fine, a plate is just a plate.

DaSilva . . . I've been drooling over some of their work for years! Fabulous looks and some killer exhaust notes! Just today mailed in my membership cheque to the Durham Mustang Club. Seems like DaSilva has close ties to this club. Also joined the Greater Horseshoe Club this week.

I priced out 3M and XPEL this week, if I do this it will likely just be the nose. I'd rather not have to do it but as anyone in the GTA knows, our roads (particularly the 407) just beat the heck out of the front end.

I'd welcome any thoughts on paint film. I did the front end (nose and 24" into the hood and fenders) of my 2017 CTS in XPEL, looked fine and seemed to do the job.
I have had two Mustang's and I can't stress enough about the importance of Paint Protection Film. I had both of my cars done with Xpel at AMP Motorsports and I can't speak highly enough of Joe and Daniel's work. They are the nicest guys in the world and I can't find a single seam on my car. It's really flawless and I am incredibly OCD about how my car looks. I have had work done at other shops before but AMP is much better than anywhere else I have gone, especially for the price. I have my entire front end, so front bumper, lights, full hood, full fenders, and side mirrors. Let them know I sent you and they will make sure to take care of you. Also highly recommend ceramic tint, worth every dollar.