Sponsored

New member, '19 PP2 supercharged (w/ install pics)

jmorris47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have a very similar package except I went with the 2019 fully loaded version. I am old and this will possibly be my last hot rod However, can you let me know what oil separator was installed? Thank you, Jim
20181104_131636.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
I have a very similar package except I went with the 20196 fully loaded version. I am old and this will possibly be my last hot rod However, can you let me know what oil separator was installed? Thank you, Jim
20181104_131636.jpg
Beautiful, Jim. Love the color; I believe that it has been retired for MY2020...

This is the oil separator that they recommended and said that have installed on numerous Mustangs: https://www.americanmuscle.com/jlt-v30-black-oil-separator-passenger-side-2018-gt.htmlhttps://www.americanmuscle.com/jlt-v30-black-oil-separator-passenger-side-2018-gt.html

I was torn about the fully loaded because of the electronic instrument cluster. I did want the cooled seats, tho.

See my post below for the correct oil separator for this application (GT with Roush supercharger).

Last edited:

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I have a very similar package except I went with the 20196 fully loaded version. I am old and this will possibly be my last hot rod However, can you let me know what oil separator was installed? Thank you, Jim
20181104_131636.jpg
That color has really grown on me

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Have same oil separator. Removing it this week for the Ford Performance one. The JLT has no bracket and after 3k miles is rubbing on the cylinder head and wearing off the finish.
I had the same issue with the JLT. You can see where it had rubbed in this pic. I just zip tied it to the coolant tank line and it's fine now. The FP one isn't quite as easy to empty (requires sucking it out of the reservoir).

full.jpg

Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Does anyone know if the JLT from a 2013 will fit a 2019? If not I guess I'll try to sell it cheap and buy a Mishimoto one with the bracket.

OP
OP

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
I have a very similar package except I went with the 2019 fully loaded version. I am old and this will possibly be my last hot rod However, can you let me know what oil separator was installed? Thank you, Jim
20181104_131636.jpg
Sincere apologies for the late reply. The correct oil separator for this application (GT with a Roush supercharger) is this:
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-billet-plug-n-play-catch-can-separator-15-tvs-css.html

You will notice that it has connections for both passenger and driver's sides. The passenger side attaches to the chassis. If you contact them, Steve will walk you through options and take care of you.

The previous oil separator I mentioned is not the correct one, Akins Ford made a mistake and rectified.

OP
OP

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TLo
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
20181104_131636.jpg
Man I love those wheels:)

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Where the heck do you guys find dealers that can do this kind of work? I can barely trust the ones I've find to do an oil change while I wait let alone all this.

OP
OP

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
Me too. However, gave the right rear a case of curb rash...pretty pricey to replace. But they do look good. Thanks.
Sorry to hear, Jim. Could it be repaired? I have gone the repair route with previous similar incidents, with pleasant results...

OP
OP

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
Where the heck do you guys find dealers that can do this kind of work? I can barely trust the ones I've find to do an oil change while I wait let alone all this.
Lebanon Ford is one of the top known routes for the type of work that Jim got; I just happened to stumble across a hidden jewel in Akins Ford --I was going to either buy from Lebanon Ford, or ship my car to them for the upgrades. I don't know any other dealer like them two that I could overall recommend. Wade Ford did a number on my car; they hit the front while servicing it...

jmorris47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Sorry to hear, Jim. Could it be repaired? I have gone the repair route with previous similar incidents, with pleasant results...
Nope, I ordered a replacement wheel. I went without eating for a month on order to afford it but I couldn't stand the thought of having a wounded wheel on my new car...my bride will tell you I have issues

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TLo
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
^^ Oh man I totally understand - the wife does too LOL!!
Sponsored