Sponsored

JFK9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
man that sucks. The Mach1 without a handling pack doesnt make any sense to me, but im biased
I got mine without the handling package, but only because it wasn't available at the time and I didn't want to wait. In the mean time I ordered a knock off GT350 spoiler for 100 bucks that looks identicle, I will buy a set of the HP rims for 1k, and might spend 300 bucks getting even better springs than the HP ones. I had cup2s before on my RS and don't want them again. You can pretty easily put the HP parts on cheaper than the HP price.
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Listening to Atko though in the podcast explaining his experience with the diff actually made me feel ok about it. The biggest impact, he theorizes, is that drifting/sliding would be much easier with the Torsen but otherwise the standard diff does a good job. I will track my Mach 1 but don't have the skills to be sliding it around and it will be mostly a daily driver, so suspect in practice I'm not missing anything.
For those who might not know, Chris Atkinson was a WRC driver for Subaru for many years, so his ability to decipher minute chassis differences would be pretty well honed.

https://www.carexpert.com.au/author/chris-atkinson

ca103.jpg

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I got mine without the handling package, but only because it wasn't available at the time and I didn't want to wait. In the mean time I ordered a knock off GT350 spoiler for 100 bucks that looks identicle, I will buy a set of the HP rims for 1k, and might spend 300 bucks getting even better springs than the HP ones. I had cup2s before on my RS and don't want them again. You can pretty easily put the HP parts on cheaper than the HP price.
I heard FP is coming out with an owners kit to swap back and forth either way.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Like a complete HP aftermarket kit?
Not aftermarket. Ford. That’s what I heard. And a street kit as well including the other spoiler for the rear and M1 wheels for those who either are affected by the tram lining or just want a more forgiving arrangement on the street. It’s a great idea since they are identical except for a negligible front spring cal to optimize for the larger wheels and tires.

Last edited:

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
but what about all those PHAT profits where Ford charges 3x for parts when ordered at the factory as opposed to selling them to Joe Smuck over retail channels? Will nobody think of the Ford Family/Executive bonuses and stock prices?

OP
OP
Kermut

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
That’s what I heard. And a street kit as well including the other spoiler for the rear and M1 wheels for those who either are affected by the tram lining or just want a more forgiving arrangement on the street. It’s a great idea since they are identical except for a negligible front spring cal to optimize for the larger wheels and tires.
Wow. That would be awesome. A huge part of why I didn't order the HP was the Cup2's since I will rarely if ever track the car.

Now Ford just needs to sell the B&O and Recaro's through FP.

In all fairness though I doubt I'll buy any of it. I think the car looks great without the HP, B&O was just badly overpriced ($1,250 for a OEM car stereo?), and I got the seats I did because I know my wife will want to curl up on the heated leather couch-like seats.

Does anyone with the Recaro's know if they give you a lower seating height? That is the major thing I would feel like missing out on.

TheYankeeMarshal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Yankee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
man that sucks. The Mach1 without a handling pack doesnt make any sense to me, but im biased
There is a good reason they often exclude it in tests. It is simple marketing. The package is very expensive and if conditions are not perfect (prepared surface/dry) it can easily underperform a mustang without it. Also, when comparing it to more decked out GT models, unless you are on a track the differences will be insignificant and would actually hurt sales of the package. The general market does not think like a track guy. True track guys will spend $3500 for even 1-2% better performance (since split seconds make the difference between winning and losing) but most highway drivers will think it is a rip off.

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT,Everest,FocusRS,MustangMach1
@pappagray

Oh and as an addition to my post about export Mustangs... Export Mach 1s doesn't have the HP option.
It is not because they are lazy when getting the car for a review - it probably is specced the best way they could, but HP is just not an option outside US

... Which is why my hunt for a set of HP wheels for my GT here in Denmark is a b*tch! :crackup:
Check out Levittown Ford in New York state, they do online orders and will ship anything, HP spec wheels included. They have a cast version at the moment that is good value.

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT,Everest,FocusRS,MustangMach1
I'm was certainly disappointed not to get the Torsen. You might remember that like you I live in Chicago but am moving back to Australia in December. My Mach 1 just arrived at my dealer there!

Listening to Atko though in the podcast explaining his experience with the diff actually made me feel ok about it. The biggest impact, he theorizes, is that drifting/sliding would be much easier with the Torsen but otherwise the standard diff does a good job. I will track my Mach 1 but don't have the skills to be sliding it around and it will be mostly a daily driver, so suspect in practice I'm not missing anything.
Simple fix, one of the biggest Ford Performance dealers in the world is Herrod Performance in Melbourne (as they have the next to all the AUS/NZ market unlike US FP dealers) and they do all the OEM parts you need. I have a FJG Mach 1 and turned it into an HP car incl. a diff centre swap out to Torsen 3.73. I did the whole 9 yards with appearance pack, wheel & Cup 2 tyre upgrade (luckily don't need Cup 2R) suspension upgrade incl. Magnaride program and camber kit and put a whipple on it. Front camera is great for low front splitter, the concrete bolards in car parks are just the wrong height and I couldn't be a$sed reversing into parking spots.

Noticeable difference in the ride and responsiveness, I wanted a GT500 but couldn't get one in AUS so this Mach 1 is how you get the performance in RHD vehicle similar with factory warranty. I wanted manual but an A10 would be close...

tofo17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1 #M3560, FJG, 10R80
Simple fix, one of the biggest Ford Performance dealers in the world is Herrod Performance in Melbourne (as they have the next to all the AUS/NZ market unlike US FP dealers) and they do all the OEM parts you need. I have a FJG Mach 1 and turned it into an HP car incl. a diff centre swap out to Torsen 3.73. I did the whole 9 yards with appearance pack, wheel & Cup 2 tyre upgrade (luckily don't need Cup 2R) suspension upgrade incl. Magnaride program and camber kit and put a whipple on it. Front camera is great for low front splitter, the concrete bolards in car parks are just the wrong height and I couldn't be a$sed reversing into parking spots.

Noticeable difference in the ride and responsiveness, I wanted a GT500 but couldn't get one in AUS so this Mach 1 is how you get the performance in RHD vehicle similar with factory warranty. I wanted manual but an A10 would be close...
Oh yeah, I'm moving to Melbourne and am well aware of Herrod 😀
For the moment I'll leave it stock and enjoy it but am certainly considering Herrod's version of the birds nest wheels and perhaps after a year or two a whipple!
Sponsored