Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
It makes perfect sense if you want to drive it on the street year round.
HP makes no sense to me unless it's a track car or perfect weather car. Too expensive to have to replace the Cup 2's right off the bat.
Non-HP handles incredibly well and does fine when I take it to the track.
For street use the HP is 100% pointless other than an appearance package. I say this as someone that has the HP. To realize the difference between the two cars on a public road would be risking a lot of jail time. I’m not embarrassed to say I got it for the look and because I wanted one “with everything”, not because I needed it.
Sponsored

pappagray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 PP1
Yah I can understand the argument either way, I guess it depends on intended purpose. For me, I bought it for a track car/sunday driver in addition to other summers cars/trucks I have.

Maldelver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
It makes perfect sense if you want to drive it on the street year round.
HP makes no sense to me unless it's a track car or perfect weather car. Too expensive to have to replace the Cup 2's right off the bat.
Non-HP handles incredibly well and does fine when I take it to the track.
Uhm I have to disagree here, and I did replace the Cup2sThe Handling Package also includes different springs, includes the spoiler, and front splitter, which does improve both the performance and look of the car on the road. At least as far as I can tell/feel.

I am certainly not putting down the vehicle without the HP, but reviewing it without the HP is seems akin to reviewing a Bullitt or a PP GT.

After driving a MACH1 with the HP for 1000k miles as a daily driver, I feel it has been a worthwhile purchase and noticeable difference.

Just my opinion of course.

OP
OP
Kermut

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
I am certainly not putting down the vehicle without the HP, but reviewing it without the HP is seems akin to reviewing a Bullitt or a PP GT.

Just my opinion of course.
Not to quibble, but the first video is literally someone reviewing a GT PP1 against the Mach non HP and noticing a very significant difference in how the cars handle and in the lap times.

My personal pet peeve is when Ford sends out the A10 to reviewers who request the Tremec, as those reviews tend to be more (understandably) negative. In an ideal world reviewers would have access to everything, as would people looking to buy the car and have a test drive 😅

docday64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG, M1333 Mach 1, 2013 Taurus SHO PP

Sponsored

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes

Australian versions of the cars, but I really appreciated his detailed commentary on the differences between the two. I wish I knew what options that GT had because it clearly was at least a premium with the digital dash option.

EDIT: also a brand new everyday driver video worth watching:

That was enjoyable to watch. Don't think the GT had Magnaride, or at least he didn't say, but the Mach1 did. That was good. Mustangs seem to be pretty good cars out of the factory IMO.

tofo17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1 #M3560, FJG, 10R80
If you want to hear more from Atko about this review check out the latest episode of the Carexpert podcast. Some very interesting and nuanced insights (including on the diff).

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
If you want to hear more from Atko about this review check out the latest episode of the Carexpert podcast. Some very interesting and nuanced insights (including on the diff).
Do you have a link?

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

tofo17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1 #M3560, FJG, 10R80
Thanks!
this guy explains the difference between gt and mach very well.!
It’s not at all the same car when you drive them both.
I really feel sorry that the other countries didn’t get Torsten diff.
I'm was certainly disappointed not to get the Torsen. You might remember that like you I live in Chicago but am moving back to Australia in December. My Mach 1 just arrived at my dealer there!

Listening to Atko though in the podcast explaining his experience with the diff actually made me feel ok about it. The biggest impact, he theorizes, is that drifting/sliding would be much easier with the Torsen but otherwise the standard diff does a good job. I will track my Mach 1 but don't have the skills to be sliding it around and it will be mostly a daily driver, so suspect in practice I'm not missing anything.

DavidinDurango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
The Everyday Driver guys are douches because they complain about body roll on a car with no options. My PP2 w/ Magnaride has no body roll in track mode. just my opinion.
Sponsored