Sponsored

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413

Australian versions of the cars, but I really appreciated his detailed commentary on the differences between the two. I wish I knew what options that GT had because it clearly was at least a premium with the digital dash option.

EDIT: also a brand new everyday driver video worth watching:

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
theres a review sticky up top. both of these are there already.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

Australian versions of the cars, but I really appreciated his detailed commentary on the differences between the two. I wish I knew what options that GT had because it clearly was at least a premium with the digital dash option.

EDIT: also a brand new everyday driver video worth watching:

All Australian market Mustang GT's are Premiums and have the Performance Pack standard. Only options for GT's are gearbox choice, 19" Forged wheels, Magnaride and Recaro seats.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
All Australian market Mustang GT's are Premiums and have the Performance Pack standard. Only options for GT's are gearbox choice, 19" Forged wheels, Magnaride and Recaro seats.
Do Australian GTs have a clutch diff instead of the US model Torsen? The video complains a bit about the diff.

Sponsored

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
So Australian GT with PP don't get the American PP gauges and spun metal dash panel?

OP
OP
Kermut

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Oh that's not so bad then on pricing, actually a bit better than the US, assuming $64.5k AUS = $48k US.

A US GT premium 401a + PP1 is $50k USD. If the AUS Mach 1 costs $62k USD, in my mind that makes it harder to justify, since the delta between the US fully loaded (minus speakers and nav) GT premium and 700a Mach w/recaro is ($58k - $52.5k) = $5.5k USD, whereas for you it's a $10k USD difference before adding Magneride. For $62k USD in the US you can get a 700a Mach 1 with the Recaro's and handling package

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
So Australian GT with PP don't get the American PP gauges and spun metal dash panel?
Export Mustangs is not specified as PP.

The only options we can differ between are if the seats should be leather/premium leather with heat/cool seats or recaro and also the B&O sound system.

Of trim we can choose the chrome delete and/or forged wheels. Black roof. Spoiler delete are standard and we have to pay if we want a spoiler

The stock GT before any options is a mix of the US standard/PP/PP2 - at export the digital cluster, active exhaust, no PP gauges and touch screen are standard and cannot be changed
There is more, but that was just some of the primary things.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Any review I see of a Mach 1 that does t have a handling package is a shame
yeah, I kinda wonder why nearly all the press cars were not HP tremec cars? it seems that all the ones they are being compared to are.

Sponsored

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
yeah, I kinda wonder why nearly all the press cars were not HP tremec cars? it seems that all the ones they are being compared to are.
@pappagray

Oh and as an addition to my post about export Mustangs... Export Mach 1s doesn't have the HP option.
It is not because they are lazy when getting the car for a review - it probably is specced the best way they could, but HP is just not an option outside US

... Which is why my hunt for a set of HP wheels for my GT here in Denmark is a b*tch! :crackup:

Last edited:

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
man that sucks. The Mach1 without a handling pack doesnt make any sense to me, but im biased
It makes perfect sense if you want to drive it on the street year round.
HP makes no sense to me unless it's a track car or perfect weather car. Too expensive to have to replace the Cup 2's right off the bat.
Non-HP handles incredibly well and does fine when I take it to the track.

OP
OP
Kermut

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
man that sucks. The Mach1 without a handling pack doesnt make any sense to me, but im biased
I ordered w/o the HP

I get where you're coming from with all of the additional coolers that are installed, but I think the additional handling improvements over the PP1 and the Tremec are enough reason to justify ordering one without the HP, especially if you are planning on seldom tracking it. It will be my daily and I didn't want to deal with the tramlining of the 4s tires or worrying about destroying the splitter on all of the curbs around here, plus in general I think wings are ugly. But that's me.
Sponsored