Sponsored

New LT1 V8 trim for 2020 Camaro

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
The 10R80 can bang through 6-7 (depending on gearing and tuning) of the more closely ratio'd trans keeping the car well inside the power band which generates more efficiency than even that of the 6R80. The down side is that the 10R80 uses smaller clutches and other parts to keep weight and size minimal which in turn limits the amount of power it can handle. Aftermarket parts are getting better to overcome the issues but still have a way to go for the more serious higher powered setups.

Watch a few vidoes of these N/A E-85 setups with 10R80's making a pass. There are a few with the camera in the car so you can see the tach. It barely drops below 6500RPM -- if that low -- at shift point and is shifting as high as 8000+ depending on the tune and what they have done to the car. The car almost sounds like a Constant Velocity trans making a pass.Some of those guys are actually making high 10 second passes on E-85 DR's and a little suspension work.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Ford is impacting its own sales of the 2018+ Mustang with an unreliable engine, retaining the MT82, and continuously jacking up the price... and still not being as fast around a track in stock form as a Camaro SS 1LE in stock form.

GM screwed itself for Camaro sales by basically attempting to sell the cheap models and not advertising the best packages (and letting folks fall in line), which they tend to do because they reserve "GMC and Cadillac" as their "best of the best" marketing arms too their detriment.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
Ford is impacting its own sales of the 2018+ Mustang with an unreliable engine, retaining the MT82, and continuously jacking up the price... and still not being as fast around a track in stock form as a Camaro SS 1LE in stock form.
You hit the nail on the head! That’s why the Mustang is *checks numbers* #1 in the pony car wars... :facepalm:

HexaNerva

EL 5OH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I was a camaro fan, until the 6th gen, I never cared for mustangs or thought I would own one. That changed with the S550, I bought a mustang solely on looks and I would gladly pay the extra $1500 for the mustang.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Personally I think the end of Pontiac was the demise of GM. I owned two Grand Ams and a G6. While the first one spent time in the shop (I flogged it like a pinhead) Pontiac Service honored their warranty and TSB's beyond imagine. The next two were much better purchases, but again when a warranty did rear its ugly head, the problem was resolved even if it required a second trip on one or two occasions between the two.

The GTO was a nice vehicle as well. The Firebird or more specifically the T/A? Nothing more needs to be said for it's history. Everyone loved them. The G8 another fun car to hop up.

Just my opinion. Nothing factual to back it. Just yacking since this is clearly an opinionated topic.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
While I'd never even consider a Mustang or Camaro with an automatic, what makes the 10 speed better than the 6 speed?

What I'd love to see is the Camaro get the 7 speed manual from the Corvette.
Corrected that for you. 6R80 = 6 speeds while 10R80 = 10 speeds

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Why would we refer to a Ford 6 speed auto that was never installed in a 6th gen Camaro?
Clarification in your statement would have been beneficial. Clarity is everything. I personally have no idea what is in the Camaro. Because you were not clear in your statement, it could be concluded that you don't know what you're talking about. Many people never having owned a 6R80 such as yourself make the common mistake that the trans is an 8 speed because Dodge came out with one just prior. So as a purist stickshift person it would be easy to conclude by your vagueness that you were asking about a compare between the 6R80 and the 10R80. Since you will never run an auto it shouldn't really matter anyway....right?

Fetlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT MT
It seems like the right direction to me. I would have loved a stripped down GT, all I wanted was the Coyote. If they had one with manual locks, key ignition, manual windows for less cash I would have taken it. The problem GM might have is they tend not to discount as much, the bottom line might still be higher. Well, that and the Camaro is still ugly, hard to see out of and the trunk is just an unfounded rumor.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if they'll offer the LT1 trim level in other cars ... I'd love to have a ZL1 1LE LT1 ...
My understanding is GM is going to come out next year just before they discontinue camaro with the ZL1 1LE LT1 EI EI O
Sponsored