Sponsored

New LT1 V8 trim for 2020 Camaro

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty darn strange considering the Camaro has been super successful! Hopefully it doesn’t impact the Camaro’s ATP too much.
Looks like GM has spit in the face of the c6g crowd throwing out there ATP and selling better than Mustang because they don't do fleet sales.
Sponsored

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
camaro-slit-windows-flt.jpg

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
LOL

At least they changed the front I am not sure what GM was thinking on the 19.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
GM is offering the LT1 trim that is lower than the SS but will still offer a V8, and it undercuts the base Mustang GT by about $1500.

Anyone think it will
Impact sales of the Mustang?
My answer is yes. I think there are some people (like me) who can be swayed by $1500. I think Chevy will sell more Camaros if there is a model that's cheaper than the Mustang.

I agree with others about visibility and I don't like some things about the interior, but really the Camaro and Mustang are very similar in many ways. And if the Camaro is cheaper that will push more people towards it. I have considered Camaro in the past just to have something different for a while. Not that I don't like the Mustang, but I like some variety.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
My answer is yes. I think there are some people (like me) who can be swayed by $1500. I think Chevy will sell more Camaros if there is a model that's cheaper than the Mustang.

I agree with others about visibility and I don't like some things about the interior, but really the Camaro and Mustang are very similar in many ways. And if the Camaro is cheaper that will push more people towards it. I have considered Camaro in the past just to have something different for a while. Not that I don't like the Mustang, but I like some variety.
This isn't enough to overtake the Mustang, but might be enough to solidly put the Camaro in 2nd and overtake the challenger. The visibility and interior ergo, along with much less usable space, make it a big turn off for a lot of buyers. They won't fix this problem until they do a fresh BIW.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Still going to feel like you're sitting in a bathtub.
A tank. It's like a tank. In a closet. Under water. Inside a submarine.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
It is a great option for those unhappy 18/19 GT owners. Hope to see more Maro’s on the road soon. :).

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
That brings up a good point. Will the a10 be available in the low trim level? If not, it's DOA.
While I'd never even consider a Mustang or Camaro with an automatic, what makes the 10 speed better than the 8 speed?

What I'd love to see is the Camaro get the 7 speed manual from the Corvette.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
I suspect Ford will react and make this a non issue at some point. If they don't want to bother with a totally new model to compete then they can certainly offer an additional $1500 competitor incentive.

I personally would take this time to advertise a better equipped vehicle at the same price. Put the final nail in the coffin!
Sponsored

Last edited: