2015 Mustang GT 6MT

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
As I understand it, they must use an A-weighted sound meter and the proper way to measure it is to set the meter at the same height as the exhaust outlet and place the meter at a 45 degree angle from the centerline at a distance of 20 inches. If the sound level does NOT exceed 95 dbA then it's OK (federal standard is 95 dbA). My state has a "sound" law that says it's illegal to run an exhaust that makes it "noticeably louder than equipped from the manufacturer". Talk about vague. In other words, a Honda Civic with an aftermarket exhaust that's 90 dbA is illegal because a stock one might measure say, 75 dbA, yet my Mustang which measures just over 96 dbA is OK (stock GT without active exhaust). Sounds discriminatory to me because the Civic is quieter than my stock GT yet because a stock Civic is much quieter the "slightly louder" Civic is illegal.
giphy.gif

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I had a '05 Sportster 1200 with drag pipes, it was ignorantly loud. The guys I rode with always made me ride in the rear it was that loud. The benefit was that while approaching people on the highway in the passing lane, they KNEW I was right beside them. The Mustang with resonator delete is really mellow unless I hammer on it compared to the Harley.
What an asinine comment…
Beside the lack of respect for other people, 50% of motorcycles accidents happen when a car turn in front and the other 45% or so are when a rider fails to negotiate a curve ( ofttimes decreasing radius) or don’t know how to brake hard
Loud pipes don’t save lives, skills and ATGATT does
Big difference between a biker and a rider

Last edited:

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Of course the Ford owner's manual specifically states that Track mode is not for use on public highways. So if they want to run track mode on the streets, that's their choice. Ford has no liability for it.
I didn't say they did have any liability.

RazzaRossa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
What an asinine comment…
Beside the lack of respect for other people, 50% of motorcycles accidents happen when a car turn in front and the other 45% or so are when a rider fails to negotiate a curve ( ofttimes decreasing radius) or don’t know how to brake hard
Loud pipes don’t save lives, skills and ATGATT does
Big difference between a biker and a rider
What lack of respect are you talking about? So a abrupt lane change doesn't count as being turned into? I never said loud pipes saved lives, but they do alert oblivious drivers on cell phones or loud music playing that there is a hard to see vehicle in the lane next to them. You don't like it, roll up your window.

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
What lack of respect are you talking about? So a abrupt lane change doesn't count as being turned into? I never said loud pipes saved lives, but they do alert oblivious drivers on cell phones or loud music playing that there is a hard to see vehicle in the lane next to them. You don't like it, roll up your window.
Man, you’re not the sharpest knife in the drawer…
If rolling up the window is the only thing needed not to be assaulted by your obnoxious noise and the fact that 99.99% of drivers drive with their windows up, how can they be “alerted “ ???????
As for the respect thing, what can i say…. You really have to ask ?
….and those are my bikes

B56275B4-777A-4043-9911-B1B2D158AEAB.jpeg

RazzaRossa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Wow, that's really cool. I'm sure there's not a loud pipe on any of those. Easy on the insults Luc. If you don't like loud pipes rant on, I love 'em.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Wow, that's really cool. I'm sure there's not a loud pipe on any of those. Easy on the insults Luc. If you don't like loud pipes rant on, I love 'em.
It’s where the respect for others come into play…
Why should anyone that don’t like loud noise be subjected to your obnoxiously loud pipes… just because you like it ?????
Someone freedom stop when it starts to impede on somebody else freedom
In this case freedom from being audibly assaulted….

chefwally32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
walter
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
Vehicle Showcase
why cant we all just get along, i mean at least you both have fords!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Don't wont to be bothered about your loud exhaust? Come to NYC, the police dont give a shit. Almost every weekend we get woken up by the sounds of artillery fire. I, as wells as many other people in the area, call the police but they dont seem to have any issue with these assholes waking the dead while they go 100mph down a city street at 2am. I guess it would be too much paper work to actually do anything.

Seems like you live right next to the highway based on the video. You have to expect it to be loud there. I hope the place was cheap at least. I would pay more to live far away from a highway.

Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Seems like you live right next to the highway based on the video. You have to expect it to be loud there. I hope the place was cheap at least. I would pay more to live far away from a highway.
What are you talking about lol? No, I don't live next to a highway, it's a city street with a 30mph limit. I lived right next to the LIE at one point and I can confirm it didn't sound like douchebags with obnoxious shit boxes.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
What are you talking about lol? No, I don't live next to a highway, it's a city street with a 30mph limit. I lived right next to the LIE at one point and I can confirm it didn't sound like douchebags with obnoxious shit boxes.
Just beyond the street and the trees it looked like a highway to me. I would want to be a mile or two from a highway.

We live a mile or two from a curvy road with a 45 mph speed limit and I hear motorcycles every once in a while. But we are also in an area where most of the local passenger planes come in when they are landing at the Mpls airport, which is about 10 miles away. I don't really complain about it, though, because this hasn't changed since we bought the house. I knew there would continue to be planes coming in for as long as we lived here. I think it's kind of fun to see them coming in and the noise doesn't bother me.

As far as noise levels on cars, when I owned my GT350 I had a local guy yell at me once. It really shocked me because this guy has any number of fancy new or classic cars at any one time. He bought a house right next to the curvy road that most of the local traffic uses. I thought he was a car guy and would like my GT350, but he was not impressed. I decided he was kind of a jerk, but also if someone who likes cars was offended by my stock exhaust GT350 - probably others in the neighborhood were also annoyed but too polite to say anything.

Now all my cars have quiet exhaust on them. I won't say I'll never have loud exhaust again, but I have no plans to set up a car with louder than stock exhaust.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Back in the day when I lived in Flushing we used to go to a little stretch of the Brooklyn Queens Expressway called "The connecting highway". Now that was noisy!!

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/new-york-street-racing-60s-70s-story-found.185862/

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Back in the day when I lived in Flushing we used to go to a little stretch of the Brooklyn Queens Expressway called "The connecting highway". Now that was noisy!!

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/new-york-street-racing-60s-70s-story-found.185862/
Didn't know they used to race on the Clearview. I live right by there. That highway is only four exits long and the highway patrol loves to hide behind the bridges all along it.

This road was so notorious for street racing back in the 80s a movie was made about it called Cruise (Drag Racing Wars From Queens' Past Inspire New Movie). I moved here in 04 and at that point it was no longer as big of a problem. Started getting bad again during covid and now it's a real problem again.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
In my area I agree regarding most Harleys (especially the older ones who have NO mufflers and running drag pipes. You can hear them revving well over 1/2 mile away.
Can't wait. Harleys sound like absolute ass, and it's a totally pointless noise too, it isn't like they're fast or performance oriented anyways. Totally pointless and obnoxious.
Sponsored