Sponsored

New Loud Exhaust Law

lugbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Just happened AGAIN this morning

Ran into town on my bike (modified Yamaha zuma scooter...saving gas ya know), get to the intersection, looked, nobody around. rode on through, car comes out of nowhere and runs me off into the ditch. Kept the bike upright and went on about my business. I got into town and seen the vehicle that ran me off the road. So I ran into the parts store where they were going and had a word with the driver. The driver had been drinking-it was obvious. In a case like that I had three options. Have a word and leave it at that. (2) lay them out cold. (3) call the law.

I opted for #3 and #1. I wanted to use #2 but I have a reason not to.

Law won't do anything to them I'm sure, because we have a legal system that is such that you can get away with about anything you want, with little else but a slap on the hand. But the words I expressed to the gentleman made it known that there won't be a second chance. If they value their friends and family, they'll use the conversation as a learning experience.
Sponsored

lugbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
It’s where the respect for others come into play…
Why should anyone that don’t like loud noise be subjected to your obnoxiously loud pipes… just because you like it ?????
Someone freedom stop when it starts to impede on somebody else freedom
In this case freedom from being audibly assaulted….

Respect for others comes to mind. And (un)common sense.

a lot of laws are passed and enforced because people don't have any common sense and respect. Hence, California's overregulation. They did it to themselves.

I don't disagree with losing freedoms. One just has to understand WHY.

Reactions: luc