New LMR SVE SP2 Wheels (PP2 Replica)

Coyote 2121

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
Why do you want to avoid lowering springs? Do you find them a problem?
We live out in the country, rough roads and lots of road kill that you can't always avoid on 2 lane, curvy, hilly, blacktop.
Plus my s197 I bought used was lowered and road like a buckboard. Fuck that.
Driveways, speed bumps, parking blocks. All the usual reasons.
Don't want to be bothered.
Plus I kinda like the height mine sits now, but hers definitely needs the gap closed a little.
She's got the factory 18 inch with 235's.
In the interest of safety she needs a few more inches of meat back there.

20220811_103914~2.jpg

20220809_161108~2.jpg
Sponsored

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
We live out in the country, rough roads and lots of road kill that you can't always avoid on 2 lane, curvy, hilly, blacktop.
Plus my s197 I bought used was lowered and road like a buckboard. Fuck that.
Driveways, speed bumps, parking blocks. All the usual reasons.
Don't want to be bothered.
Plus I kinda like the height mine sits now, but hers definitely needs the gap closed a little.
She's got the factory 18 inch with 235's.
In the interest of safety she needs a few more inches of meat back there.

20220811_103914~2.jpg

20220809_161108~2.jpg
Thanx for info.

speedknot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT 6spd, 2019 GT PP1 A10
If I had the chance to do it again I would not get lowering springs. Even though you get a great look, the issue with speed bumps and driveways, high parking lot entry, etc. was too much of a bother. You have to be too delicate. What I really wanted in retrospect was a level look...the same ride height but without the downward rake.
Very true. My 2014 was lowered and it rode like crap. I didnā€™t just do springs either. I dumped a ton of money into it to do it properly. Looked awesome but it just made for a poor experience. Here on Long Island, youā€™re asking for it if youā€™re riding low on bologna skins.

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Very true. My 2014 was lowered and it rode like crap. I didnā€™t just do springs either. I dumped a ton of money into it to do it properly. Looked awesome but it just made for a poor experience. Here on Long Island, youā€™re asking for it if youā€™re riding low on bologna skins.
I put a ton of Steeda suspension mods on my Ecoboost. I'm in Los Angeles and when I was on freshly paved asphalt the ride was butter smooth but on average roads I was not impressed. I want another Mustang with the magnaRide but I'm not sure the upgrade would be worth it.

2020_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lino
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I put a ton of Steeda suspension mods on my Ecoboost. I'm in Los Angeles and when I was on freshly paved asphalt the ride was butter smooth but on average roads I was not impressed. I want another Mustang with the magnaRide but I'm not sure the upgrade would be worth it.
I have magneride on my 2020 gt paired with Steeda magneride lowering springs and it is SMOOOTH. The springs lowered the car 1ā€ which was a perfect drop. Initially I wanted to be slammed on coilovers/bagged but then I realized I wouldnā€™t want to give up the comfort magneride provides.

Sponsored

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I have magneride on my 2020 gt paired with Steeda magneride lowering springs and it is SMOOOTH. The springs lowered the car 1ā€ which was a perfect drop. Initially I wanted to be slammed on coilovers/bagged but then I realized I wouldnā€™t want to give up the comfort magneride provides.
If I get another Mustang I'm gonna keep the suspension stock, but if anyone else has magnaRide please offer your opinion.

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
If I get another Mustang I'm gonna keep the suspension stock, but if anyone else has magnaRide please offer your opinion.
Anyways, I've attached pictures of how they look on a stock 2018 PP1 with Magneride suspension. I believe the magneride lowers me about 0.5 inches compared to regular PP1/GT suspension. Even so, I still think I'd prefer another 0.5 inch drop to for a perfect fender gap.

image0.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg
image5.jpeg
image3.jpeg
I am pretty happy with the way the car sits with OEM PP1 magneride suspension(being .5 inches lower than non-magneride PP1). Performance is good while driving at the track/limit on square 285 MPS4S, and also during daily driving.

However, after tracking my car more, I feel that maybe I should have gotten Steeda/BMR magneride springs(0.5inch extra drop), 19x11 square wheels on 305/30/19, with spacers and camber plates. I think an extra .5 lowering would aesthetically look great, while the higher spring rates and wider tires would help on the track. It would have been a win-win except for my pockets! I just went for the more practical option.

I also personally would never lower my car to the point of severe performance and/or QoL detriment, but to each their own. šŸ˜‚

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I am pretty happy with the way the car sits with OEM PP1 magneride suspension(being .5 inches lower than non-magneride PP1). Performance is good while driving at the track/limit on square 285 MPS4S, and also during daily driving.

However, after tracking my car more, I feel that maybe I should have gotten Steeda/BMR magneride springs(0.5inch extra drop), 19x11 square wheels on 305/30/19, with spacers and camber plates. I think an extra .5 lowering would aesthetically look great, while the higher spring rates and wider tires would help on the track. It would have been a win-win except for my pockets! I just went for the more practical option.

I also personally would never lower my car to the point of severe performance and/or QoL detriment, but to each their own. šŸ˜‚
Can you give me your opinion on the comfort level of the magnaRide suspension? I'm a daily driver cat, my main concern is how it absorbed the bumps in the road! :)

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
Can you give me your opinion on the comfort level of the magnaRide suspension? I'm a daily driver cat, my main concern is how it absorbed the bumps in the road! :)
It really depends on how bad your roads are and how sensitive you are to ride quality- all of this is subjective! I come from a family of Mercedes, Toyotas and BMW where ride quality is pretty good. Before my mustang, I drove a C-class Mercedes for many years. I also have lived in California my whole life and roads are not very nice here imo. This is my background, and it might give you an idea of my baseline. I also do not like overly rough rides for a daily based on my friends' lowered and coil over 350Z, S197 mustang, G35, 335i and Civic Si I've ridden/driven in over the years.

While I was car shopping, I test drove PP1 cars with and without magneride and I felt that magneride in sport mode was similar to PP1 without magneride. The difference was enough for me to want magneride.

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It really depends on how bad your roads are and how sensitive you are to ride quality- all of this is subjective! I come from a family of Mercedes, Toyotas and BMW where ride quality is pretty good. Before my mustang, I drove a C-class Mercedes for many years. I also have lived in California my whole life and roads are not very nice here imo. This is my background, and it might give you an idea of my baseline. I also do not like overly rough rides for a daily based on my friends' lowered and coil over 350Z, S197 mustang, G35, 335i and Civic Si I've ridden/driven in over the years.

While I was car shopping, I test drove PP1 cars with and without magneride and I felt that magneride in sport mode was similar to PP1 without magneride. The difference was enough for me to want magneride.
I live in Los Angeles as well. I love the look of my mustang. I've got Steeda suspension mods on it, but the comfort level was not really to my liking. Thanx for the tip.

Sponsored

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st

Minimum drop springs were the cherry on top to the way the car sits with these wheels.

DSC_0304~2.JPG

S550-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Race Red
Has anyone tried putting 19x10 on 255/40/19?

Iā€™m in a strange place. I want these wheels. My tire options from all season allow Max rear as 285/35/19 which limits front tire options if I want to run stagger.

so has anyone successfully run 19x10 on 255s? Should I bump up to 265 or even 275 for front?

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
Has anyone tried putting 19x10 on 255/40/19?

Iā€™m in a strange place. I want these wheels. My tire options from all season allow Max rear as 285/35/19 which limits front tire options if I want to run stagger.

so has anyone successfully run 19x10 on 255s? Should I bump up to 265 or even 275 for front?
IIRC, the SP2 only come in 10 or 11 inch variants. You could easily run 10 inch square for 285 all around with plenty of A/S tire options. Iā€™m currently running 285 square for daily and light track use.

If you really want to run staggered 10/11 inch wheels, 285 front and 305 rear would fit properly. The only A/S tires I could find with those sizes were the Cooper RS3-G1

S550-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Race Red
IIRC, the SP2 only come in 10 or 11 inch variants. You could easily run 10 inch square for 285 all around with plenty of A/S tire options. Iā€™m currently running 285 square for daily and light track use.

If you really want to run staggered 10/11 inch wheels, 285 front and 305 rear would fit properly. The only A/S tires I could find with those sizes were the Cooper RS3-G1
Yup thatā€™s correct. However those cooper are 30 side wall and considerably a smaller tire.

it seems like at least 275 is recommended for 19x10. Do you think a 265 19x10 and 285 19x10/11 would work?

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
Yup thatā€™s correct. However those cooper are 30 side wall and considerably a smaller tire.

it seems like at least 275 is recommended for 19x10. Do you think a 265 19x10 and 285 19x10/11 would work?
Iā€™m inclined to say that 285 square on a 10/11 setup should work but will have a little stretch on the rears. The same with a 265 front and 285 rear but both stretched. Stretch can also vary depending on the tire make/model you go with. I believe Michelin tires run a little bit wider than the others so perhaps a bit of stretch on those wouldnā€™t be too bad. I think the most important factor involving contact patch is still mostly linked to the wheel width itself rather than tire width.

Iā€™ll let someone else more knowledgeable chime in on this one since all my experience with this is through forum reading and other wheels/cars.
Sponsored