New LMR SVE SP2 Wheels (PP2 Replica)

MAP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Alright, finally got these on the car with 275/35/19 AS4's (went with 19x10 squared). Love the look and color of these wheels. Unfortunately, was told Michelin a/S3+ and AS4's we're back ordered with no expected date for 285/35, and don't want to deal with potential rubbing on 275/40.

However, now I've got to figure out this wheel gap. Any suggestions for lowering springs? Is the Ford performance track setup usable for this without rubbing?
IMG_20211128_074742140_HDR.jpg
Sponsored

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
Lol of course I bought mine 2 days ago. šŸ˜‘
I bought mine a few days before the discount code was available. I sent LMR a message not expecting anything but I asked if they would honor it. They were extremely nice and with no hesitation they applied the code to the Wheels, GT350 center caps, and TPMS sensors I bought and they credited my account.

Last edited:

MAP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I bought mine a few days before the discount code was available. I sent LMR a message not expecting anything but I asked if they would honor it. They were extremely nice and with no hesitation they applied the code to the Wheels, GT350 center caps, and TPMS sensors I bought and they credited my account.
I got the same. I was going to order the Ford performance centers, but I'm trying to decide if I think the SVE caps look bad first. I do wish I could get the ponies centers to fit, but I haven't quite figured that one out yet.

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the same. I was going to order the Ford performance centers, but I'm trying to decide if I think the SVE caps look bad first. I do wish I could get the ponies centers to fit, but I haven't quite figured that one out yet.
Itā€™s very easy. Get black electrical tape and just go around the back of the caps where they clip into the wheel. The fit will be super solid. I bought the GT350 caps incase the horse caps didnā€™t work out but the horse capes worked perfectly.

A3196E91-3EA7-4CCC-8396-5EC0EA0DCE35.jpeg

MAP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Itā€™s very easy. Get black electrical tape and just go around the back of the caps where they clip into the wheel. The fit will be super solid. I bought the GT350 caps incase the horse caps didnā€™t work out but the horse capes worked perfectly.

A3196E91-3EA7-4CCC-8396-5EC0EA0DCE35.jpeg
Maybe a silly question, but wouldn't heat eventually make that tape not quite perform as intended?

That looks wayyyy better than the SVE caps. I think I'll give it a try and see. It was bothering me so much to have the rattle when I test fit it.

Sponsored

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe a silly question, but wouldn't heat eventually make that tape not quite perform as intended?

That looks wayyyy better than the SVE caps. I think I'll give it a try and see. It was bothering me so much to have the rattle when I test fit it.
This thread has been around since 2018. I got that idea from others in this thread. I havenā€™t seen a complaint about them getting loose but I donā€™t think it will ever become an issue.

You wrap the tape around the tabs of the cap that hook to the wheel. The tape basically just gives that extra thickness to tighten the gap. Once itā€™s in the tape canā€™t come off until you physically remove the cap.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
This thread has been around since 2018. I got that idea from others in this thread. I havenā€™t seen a complaint about them getting loose but I donā€™t think it will ever become an issue.

You wrap the tape around the tabs of the cap that hook to the wheel. The tape basically just gives that extra thickness to tighten the gap. Once itā€™s in the tape canā€™t come off until you physically remove the cap.
Exactly, non issue. I've run mine all season, including 3 hpde days.
I did notice these tend to trap water behind them in the hub area. A good coating of anti seize on the hub and axle threads/nuts is a good idea.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Happy with the way mine turned out.

A0EF2B6A-3F8B-4BBE-9877-4DA53B2DA9ED.jpeg

E50AD12C-6F53-466E-8E5D-ECF0FE9764DA.jpeg
Nice match to your paint! That looks damn good IMO.

However, now I've got to figure out this wheel gap. Any suggestions for lowering springs? Is the Ford performance track setup usable for this without rubbing?
IMG_20211128_074742140_HDR.jpg
You should have no problems with a mild drop.
With these wheels, I had 285s up front and 325s in the rear with the Ford Track suspension kit, no rubbing at all. The car sits really well with that kit too, IMO. Not slammed but definitely more serious than a stock suspension.

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice match to your paint! That looks damn good IMO.

You should have no problems with a mild drop.
With these wheels, I had 285s up front and 325s in the rear with the Ford Track suspension kit, no rubbing at all. The car sits really well with that kit too, IMO. Not slammed but definitely more serious than a stock suspension.
Thanks! I was hoping the color would be closer to the OEM PP2 wheels but now that they are mounted they have definitely grown on me.

fastrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2006 gt, 2021 gt pp1
Just checking with you guys, who know more than I, will the PP2 wheels fit on a non-magnaride pp1 car? Ford saying no, but no real specifics

Sponsored

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Just checking with you guys, who know more than I, will the PP2 wheels fit on a non-magnaride pp1 car? Ford saying no, but no real specifics
Factory PP2 or LMR? I'm sure the LMR wheels will fit either depending on if you go staggered, go square with spacers, etc. If you're talking factory PP2 wheels, I think there are a few folks on the forum that have done this, but it's not super easy getting your hands on a set of factory wheels. Plus, they're heavy. What are your goals?

fastrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2006 gt, 2021 gt pp1
Factory PP2 or LMR? I'm sure the LMR wheels will fit either depending on if you go staggered, go square with spacers, etc. If you're talking factory PP2 wheels, I think there are a few folks on the forum that have done this, but it's not super easy getting your hands on a set of factory wheels. Plus, they're heavy. What are your goals?
Factory wheels can be had through Steeda, or directly from Ford. I will be autocrossing, with the occasional track day on a road course. At this point I plan to run in F stock class with the car as is, but at some point I won't be able to leave well enough alone, and one of the first and biggest bangs for the buck in terms of lowering lap times is tires. I'd like to run 305's square, or as close to them as I can practically get. Probably with a set of lowering springs or coil overs.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Factory wheels can be had through Steeda, or directly from Ford. I will be autocrossing, with the occasional track day on a road course. At this point I plan to run in F stock class with the car as is, but at some point I won't be able to leave well enough alone, and one of the first and biggest bangs for the buck in terms of lowering lap times is tires. I'd like to run 305's square, or as close to them as I can practically get. Probably with a set of lowering springs or coil overs.
I started out with that plan as well and found out that "some point" was a lot earlier than I had anticipated. Also, there is some great FS info here - there are 100 pages to that thread, but the important discussion starts here:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...eryone-done-so-far.24778/page-99#post-3395243

fastrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2006 gt, 2021 gt pp1
Jumped on the LMR website and checked out their wheels. Found a deal I couldn't pass up:

Also scored a set of open box Eibach lowering springs. Tires will wait until spring.

1638853036857.png

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Jumped on the LMR website and checked out their wheels. Found a deal I couldn't pass up:

Also scored a set of open box Eibach lowering springs. Tires will wait until spring.

1638853036857.png
That is a pretty sweet deal. You putting those on your 21? Please post some pics.
Sponsored