Sponsored

New LMR SVE SP2 Wheels (PP2 Replica)

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Hi All,

I've been following this thread here and there while contemplating these SVE SP2 wheels for some time now, and am still going over a few things before I pull the trigger - would you guys mind helping me out a bit?

1. Going 11 square vs 10/11 stagger - Car is my daily with 4-6x casual/light HPDE a year. The staggered 10/11 setup is so easy and should maintain current vehicle handling dynamics - the ease of install and simplicity is a huge draw for me. I know that square setup offers a few advantages in that I can rotate the tires, and that the car handles more neutral(more grip up front). The disadvantages are that I would need camber plates, 25MM spacers and long bolts. I am a little torn on this but in reality wish I could go 11 square without having to pay and go through all the supporting mods. On the other hand, going square with supporting mods would also make it easier to go the extra distance and put on magneride lowering springs as well, not that I really planned on it or want to sacrifice ride quality. Part of me just wants to go 10/11, throw them on and call it a day. 285/305 staggered vs 305 square.

2. Black or Graphite? I have a black car with 25% window tint and I really like the gloss black on the current PP1 wheels, but they are heavy, cast, a pain to clean and also block the brembos from view(also not as wide tires as I want). I have heard that the black SP2 does not show the lines of the design as well as the graphite. I also don't remember seeing any black SP2 on black S550 on these forums so I'm unsure of the combo - I can at least reference graphite PP2 stock wheels on a black mustang online easily for an idea. I'm pretty sure I still like the gloss black wheels - wondering what your thoughts are for a black car?

3. Price has increased!!! I remember thinking it was a decent deal at $1000 a set, and then going on sale at $800 or less was a great deal. As of recently I see it at $1200 and has me wondering if I should just shell out for some APEX EC-7's or ESR wheels. I was waiting to see a labor day sale on these but LMR/SVE had nothing. Is it worth waiting until black friday and do we even know if they will have a sale?

These are the points that are causing some analysis paralysis for me at the moment. Is there anything else I should consider regarding the SP2? or just getting new wheels in general? Am I just obsessing over min-maxing everything aka square or stagger, black or graphite, 1K or 1.2K - would I basically enjoy them all regardless? probably lol, but this is more fun! :)

Thanks in advance!
I personally would go with bronze, especially on black car. Also would prefer staggered setup not just because of plates and bolts, but because wheels would stick out too much and launch debris/mud at the side of a car. Not a concern for track car, but black daily...oh my. You may consider getting 6 wheels and keep front 305's for your hpde/track fun. Yes, you'd need long bolts, but whatever. Bigger investment upfront, but more flexibility.
Sponsored

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Hi All,

I've been following this thread here and there while contemplating these SVE SP2 wheels for some time now, and am still going over a few things before I pull the trigger - would you guys mind helping me out a bit?

1. Going 11 square vs 10/11 stagger - Car is my daily with 4-6x casual/light HPDE a year. The staggered 10/11 setup is so easy and should maintain current vehicle handling dynamics - the ease of install and simplicity is a huge draw for me. I know that square setup offers a few advantages in that I can rotate the tires, and that the car handles more neutral(more grip up front). The disadvantages are that I would need camber plates, 25MM spacers and long bolts. I am a little torn on this but in reality wish I could go 11 square without having to pay and go through all the supporting mods. On the other hand, going square with supporting mods would also make it easier to go the extra distance and put on magneride lowering springs as well, not that I really planned on it or want to sacrifice ride quality. Part of me just wants to go 10/11, throw them on and call it a day. 285/305 staggered vs 305 square.

2. Black or Graphite? I have a black car with 25% window tint and I really like the gloss black on the current PP1 wheels, but they are heavy, cast, a pain to clean and also block the brembos from view(also not as wide tires as I want). I have heard that the black SP2 does not show the lines of the design as well as the graphite. I also don't remember seeing any black SP2 on black S550 on these forums so I'm unsure of the combo - I can at least reference graphite PP2 stock wheels on a black mustang online easily for an idea. I'm pretty sure I still like the gloss black wheels - wondering what your thoughts are for a black car?

3. Price has increased!!! I remember thinking it was a decent deal at $1000 a set, and then going on sale at $800 or less was a great deal. As of recently I see it at $1200 and has me wondering if I should just shell out for some APEX EC-7's or ESR wheels. I was waiting to see a labor day sale on these but LMR/SVE had nothing. Is it worth waiting until black friday and do we even know if they will have a sale?

These are the points that are causing some analysis paralysis for me at the moment. Is there anything else I should consider regarding the SP2? or just getting new wheels in general? Am I just obsessing over min-maxing everything aka square or stagger, black or graphite, 1K or 1.2K - would I basically enjoy them all regardless? probably lol, but this is more fun! :)

Thanks in advance!
For number 1: I'd consider going with the 10 in. wheels front and rear before 10/11 stagger.
that's still a bolt on setup with no messing around with studs and spacers and will be more track focused than a staggered setup.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Agreed, that's even better option for NA car, unless one really wants 305's for whatever reasons

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Good afternoon yall , so i finally came around to installling the rims and tires ( 19x10) squared setup and its rubbing up front. So my question is will spacers fix this issue or do I need some other parts? Im a noob when it comes to the tire setups so any feedback is appreciated, thanks in advance.
Post some pics of your rub so folks can get an idea of how best to assist you.

How low did you go on your lowering?

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Good afternoon yall , so i finally came around to installling the rims and tires ( 19x10) squared setup and its rubbing up front. So my question is will spacers fix this issue or do I need some other parts? Im a noob when it comes to the tire setups so any feedback is appreciated, thanks in advance.
Why would the 10s rub up front? Iv been thinking of going with a 19x10 square setup so they can be rotated.

Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Why would the 10s rub up front? Iv been thinking of going with a 19x10 square setup so they can be rotated.
He's either extremely low or using a gigantic tire. Under normal circumstances, they will not rub

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

How are you rubbing? What tire? I run 285/35/19s on the front no issues with the SVE X500 wheels with the same 35mm offset.

Ummricki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricardo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Hi All,

Thanks in advance!
He's either extremely low or using a gigantic tire. Under normal circumstances, they will not rub
Im not lowered so im guessing the tire could be too big? I’m running the Hankook V12 275/40/ R19. I saw another member run that tire size so I thought I would be good.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im not lowered so im guessing the tire could be too big? I’m running the Hankook V12 275/40/ R19. I saw another member run that tire size so I thought I would be good.

Not every car is the same, there will be some variances. A 27.7" tall tire may be to tall with that offset. You need to run a 275/35/19 upfront or a 285/35/19. I run Mich PS4S 285/35/19 front and a 305/35/19 rear Mich PSS. My car is lowered and I don't rub. The SVE X500 has the same offsets as the SVE SP2 wheels. I bet its rubbing the fender liner.

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
On my old 2017 GT I ran a 275/40 with 19x10, 40mm square setup on stock suspension for over two years and had no rubbing whatsoever. I felt like it had plenty of clearance, but maybe just 5mm less offset would have pushed it over the edge.

Doug

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my old 2017 GT I ran a 275/40 with 19x10, 40mm square setup on stock suspension for over two years and had no rubbing whatsoever. I felt like it had plenty of clearance, but maybe just 5mm less offset would have pushed it over the edge.

Doug
The 40 mm offset is closer to the strut.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
IIRC, the 275/40/19s were a popular choice for S197s. In many cases, wheel/tire packages are interchangeable between the generations but it looks like this is not one of them.

The only thing of value that I can offer here is that there may be S197 owners who would be interested in buying your set.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
FWIW, I ran 285/35-19's square on 19x10+35 wheels (also from LMR, but not the SP2's), and they were perfect on stock Perf Package suspension. They were really flush with the wheel openings.

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The 40 mm offset is closer to the strut.
Where did I say it wasn't? His wheels have 5mm less offset then the ones I had. Less offset moves the tire out further, more offset moves it closer in. Figured since his combo is 5mm further out then mine, maybe he is rubbing when turning since the tire edge will be closer to the fender. Of course, he didn't say where the tire is rubbing, so who knows.

Doug
Sponsored