Sponsored

New LMR SVE SP2 Wheels (PP2 Replica)

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
I hear you but something about it looks pretty purposeful and mean to my eye.
It's not just the poke that bothers me. It's also the increased wheel gap by running a small diameter tire and keeping the same ride height.
Sponsored

gismo4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
That sounds familiar... somewhere along the line, I assumed that SVE had copied all dimensions but on that’s not true.

Has anyone run front spacers with the SP2s in an attempt to duplicate this look? I wonder how close it would look to the real deal.
If you run the sp2 square 19x11 with 20-25mm slip-on spacers in front it will be very close to oem pp2. This is a popular setup, especially for track use.
You'll also need camber plates to get at least -2° camber and avoid any clearance issue.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m too lazy to take the wh
If you run the sp2 square 19x11 with 20-25mm slip-on spacers in front it will be very close to oem pp2. This is a popular setup, especially for track use.
You'll also need camber plates to get at least -2° camber and avoid any clearance issue.
Thanks!
Do you know if the SP2s have negative space between the lugs to allow the use of this type of spacer (below)? Seems easier and cleaner than pressing in longer studs...

I forgot what the backside of these wheels looks like and I’m too lazy to jack up the car and remove one to have a look...
F8B6D97B-412A-4D75-8355-87D92384E008.png

Sponsored

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4

Thanks!
Do you know if the SP2s have negative space between the lugs to allow the use of this type of spacer (below)? Seems easier and cleaner than pressing in longer studs...

I forgot what the backside of these wheels looks like and I’m too lazy to jack up the car and remove one to have a look...
F8B6D97B-412A-4D75-8355-87D92384E008.png
Found an inside pic of some from the classifieds on here.

ADE3AB72-F29C-494E-B23F-FDF604F6F330.jpeg

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150

Thanks!

If you have Magneride, they won't fit. Wheels have pockets but not deep enough.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you have Magneride, they won't fit. Wheels have pockets but not deep enough.
So non-Magneride folks can run these?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
So non-Magneride folks can run these?
Can't guarantee 100% - you have to ask someone with non-MR car. Magneride hubs have sligtly longer studs that stick too far through the spacer and do not allow wheels (any really - not only SP2 but also OEM PP wheels) to lay flat on the spacer surface.

(btw- slip on spacers is a way to go).

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't guarantee 100% - you have to ask someone with non-MR car. Magneride hubs have sligtly longer studs that stick too far through the spacer and do not allow wheels (any really - not only SP2 but also OEM PP wheels) to lay flat on the spacer surface.

(btw- slip on spacers is a way to go).
Thanks again to all...

I suspected that the MR cars may have longer studs and it just occurred to me that I bought a set of take-off Brembos from Shelby and they came with the MR specific sheet metal bracket on the brake line...so it's plausible that I do have MR rotors/studs as well. Looks like I'll have to pull a wheel and measure after all.

Sponsored

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I’m pretty much done with trying to like the dark graphite finish on the SP2 with the Kona Blue paint. It’s not ugly but it’s also not attractive. At all.

I’m super particular about aesthetics. I realize that my own taste doesn’t necessarily look good to anyone else but for whatever reason, it has to look right to me or it will just bug me every time I look at It.

Has anyone had a power coat finish applied to painted wheels like this? What was the cost like? How did they come out?

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I would think that any proper wheel refinishing shop would strip the wheels down to bare metal before applying the powder coat, and I don't think powder coat will stick to paint anyway, since it gets baked on.

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
hey guys
So i put mines on last weekend. the car feels funny. I have to install lowering springs and do an alignment soon.
When driving the car pulls to the left or right based on the road. This is on uneaven road and I think that the wheels are so wide that I may not be used to it. On the freeway it's fine. I am coming from 8 inch wheels to 10 inch. I was going to put on 1 inch spacers but the filled out the wells well so sold them.
Could it be that the wideness is causing this feeling? Seems like I can feel all the bumps on the road more now, lol
thanks

Went from this
uoyjefoydi951.jpg

To this
IMG_6978.JPG

gismo4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
hey guys
So i put mines on last weekend. the car feels funny. I have to install lowering springs and do an alignment soon.
When driving the car pulls to the left or right based on the road. This is on uneaven road and I think that the wheels are so wide that I may not be used to it. On the freeway it's fine. I am coming from 8 inch wheels to 10 inch. I was going to put on 1 inch spacers but the filled out the wells well so sold them.
Could it be that the wideness is causing this feeling? Seems like I can feel all the bumps on the road more now, lol
thanks

Went from this

To this
Sounds like Tramlining.