New LMR SVE SP2 Wheels (PP2 Replica)

GTIIIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Ewheels, what has been the difference between your square setup and the factory staggered setup? I have the same square setup waiting to be installed along with the camber plates, going to run the SC2’s for the track. What tire are you running, can’t see it on my phone?
Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Ewheels, what has been the difference between your square setup and the factory staggered setup? I have the same square setup waiting to be installed along with the camber plates, going to run the SC2’s for the track. What tire are you running, can’t see it on my phone?
It's hard for me to say exactly as there are other factors at play but going from stock PP1 to 285 S007A tires square was a large improvement. I felt as though I could be more sloppy with my turn in and the increased grip would pull me through.
Then went 305 square on Supercar3's and that was a massive improvement! I could take turns 20mph faster.
I have some 295 Toyo RR slicks waiting to go on next.

Tire compound and front camber had the most benefit for me. In general, the more tire you can fit under these heavy cars, the better.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I'm in the market for a set of 10" wide all around. 35ET for my convertible. You happy with yours? I loved my PP2 wheels when I had it.

I might pick up a set and have then painted that true gunmetal color ford uses.
Looks like you're running the 11" wide wheels in the rear. You happy with the ride feel? What was on there prior?
I am very happy with them. I had some hesitation when I saw just how different they looked from official PP2 wheels. The details on the spokes, etc. are really close but I wanted that extra poke in the front and the specific finish that Ford chose.

Absolutely go with 11s for the rear. Unless you are trying to fit into a specific class for racing, I see absolutely no reason not to. They fit with 325s like they were made to be there.

On my car, these replaced older 19x9.5 RTR wheels with 285/35/19s all around. These wheels are slightly lighter and wider than the RTRs all around. The style is purely subjective but those RTRs looked perfect on my S197...not so much on the S550.

The idea of painting the SP2s is an interesting one since you could still end up cheaper and with a much lighter wheel than buying an OEM set. Keep in mind that the OEM wheel paint is a "Hyper Silver" color...its a highly reflective dark silver (a bit lighter and significantly more lustrous than a typical gunmetal or graphite paint). It might require some skill to get it right.

I chronicled my misadventures a while back in this forum about trying to buy a set of refurbished PP2 wheels. First they came in four different shades. I returned them to have them painted together to ensure a match. When they came back I could see that they just matched three of the to the darkest one so they all looked too dark...which I was going to live with until one of the wheels proved to be bent when I went to have tires mounted. Sending one back would have meant another mismatch for sure! So I gave up.

Anyway, if you want to paint them to look like the OEM Hyper Silver, it may be tricky.

Yes, the SP2's don't poke out on the front like the PP2's do.
Exactly. I know some people don't like this but when it's a factory setup for the top spec GT package it looks very serious to me. The real PP2 cars just have a look about them and this subtle wheel offset choice is a big part of that.

I have a set of RokBlokz stone guards and I'd suggest something similar for anyone who is running a wider/sticker tire than stock. With the poke of the OEM PP2 wheels, it's a must, IMO.

Last edited:

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I am very happy with them. I had some hesitation when I saw just how different they looked from official PP2 wheels. The details on the spokes, etc. are really close but I wanted that extra poke in the front and the specific finish that Ford chose.

Absolutely go with 11s for the rear. Unless you are trying to fit into a specific class for racing, I see absolutely no reason not to. They fit with 325s like they were made to be there.

On my car, these replaced older 19x9.5 RTR wheels with 285/35/19s all around. These wheels are slightly lighter and wider than the RTRs all around. The style is purely subjective but those RTRs looked perfect on my S197...not so much on the S550.

The idea of painting the SP2s is an interesting one since you could still end up cheaper and with a much lighter wheel than buying an OEM set. Keep in mind that the OEM wheel paint is a "Hyper Silver" color...its a highly reflective dark silver (a bit lighter and significantly more lustrous than a typical gunmetal or graphite paint). It might require some skill to get it right.

I chronicled my misadventures a while back in this forum about trying to buy a set of refurbished PP2 wheels. First they came in four different shades. I returned them to have them painted together to ensure a match. When they came back I could see that they just matched three of the to the darkest one so they all looked too dark...which I was going to live with until one of the wheels proved to be bent when I went to have tires mounted. Sending one back would have meant another mismatch for sure! So I gave up.

Anyway, if you want to paint them to look like the OEM Hyper Silver, it may be tricky.

Exactly. I know some people don't like this but when it's a factory setup for the top spec GT package it looks very serious to me. The real PP2 cars just have a look about them and this subtle wheel offset choice is a big part of that.

I have a set of RokBlokz stone guards and I'd suggest something similar for anyone who is running a wider/sticker tire than stock. With the poke of the OEM PP2 wheels, it's a must, IMO.
That's interesting about your wheel search misadventures. I noticed some 'refurbished' OEM'S out there and was skeptical. Thanks for validating my concerns and sharing all the 411. 👍

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another pic of the wheels from my first trip to the Autocross with the S550 yesterday...I think the SP2s looked pretty businesslike on the course. The club had a photographer so I hope to have some action shots to share eventually.

IMG_3892.jpg

Sponsored

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One more from the pre-event fuel up.
The club didn't make me run with the Extreme Street class...they had a simplified system of their own (based loosely on the SCCA classes) so I pulled the letters before running. :)

IMG_3888.jpg

GTIIIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
I will run 19x11’s with 305/30/-19’s all around to be able to rotate the tires. One day at Big Willow showed me the only way to make the tires last at all is to be able to rotate them. Plus, I’ll replace the SC2’s with the PS4S for the street and get rid of a lot of the tram lining(I hope).

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will run 19x11’s with 305/30/-19’s all around to be able to rotate the tires. One day at Big Willow showed me the only way to make the tires last at all is to be able to rotate them. Plus, I’ll replace the SC2’s with the PS4S for the street and get rid of a lot of the tram lining(I hope).
That plan makes sense. In case you hadn't looked into this, you may need small spacers to run the 11s on the front. If you have camber plates and running a bunch of negative camber up front, you may be able to get away with it without a spacer but I'm far from certain on that.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That plan makes sense. In case you hadn't looked into this, you may need small spacers to run the 11s on the front. If you have camber plates and running a bunch of negative camber up front, you may be able to get away with it without a spacer but I'm far from certain on that.
For the SP2 19x11 +50 wheel, you will in fact need a 25mm spacer up front to clear the strut. The camber is just to prevent wheel poke (or if you're a track guy: to get better turn in and better tire wear)

GTIIIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Yes, I have the spacers too. Now I just have to find the energy to install it.

BTW, does anybody adjust their front camber settings when going back and forth between street and track setups? I’ve read where guys will mark the camber plates in both locations and adjust it. That seems like a lot of work. I’m not sure I’m up for that.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150

BTW, does anybody adjust their front camber settings when going back and forth between street and track setups? I’ve read where guys will mark the camber plates in both locations and adjust it. That seems like a lot of work. I’m not sure I’m up for that.
It's very little work - problem is that you never will be super accurate while doing that and changing camber will affect your toe.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

You absolutely can but you'll also have to adjust front toe as adjusting camber on a MacPherson strut will simultaneously alter toe due to the geometries.
My car rarely gets driven on the street anymore but track amounts of camber don't do much harm from street driving. Toe kills tires, not camber

GTIIIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
It’s not my DD so I probably won’t realign it and will just leave the track specs.

Dabitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
For anyone still on the fence, I ordered mine Nitto NT555 G2 285/35ZR19 front (10) and Nitto NT555 G2 305/35ZR19 rear (11) for my 2019 Premium. Nice to have some contrast on the black package. I'm super happy with my order and LMR shipped them really quick. Wish FedEx had a decent tracking system. Found my boxes 3 days ahead of schedule sitting in the rain.

Now I can use my premium with winter tires and will probably go a bit wider in the back when time to replace. I used the OEM center caps with 2 loops of electrical tape around it like one of you mentioned... perfect fit. Next 1" drop to keep it functional in light snow.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For anyone still on the fence, I ordered mine Nitto NT555 G2 285/35ZR19 front (10) and Nitto NT555 G2 305/35ZR19 rear (11) for my 2019 Premium. Nice to have some contrast on the black package. I'm super happy with my order and LMR shipped them really quick. Wish FedEx had a decent tracking system. Found my boxes 3 days ahead of schedule sitting in the rain.

Now I can use my premium with winter tires and will probably go a bit wider in the back when time to replace. I used the OEM center caps with 2 loops of electrical tape around it like one of you mentioned... perfect fit. Next 1" drop to keep it functional in light snow.
Congrats!! Post up some pics when you can.
I’m glad the electrical tape trick worked. :D
Sponsored