Sponsored

New LMR SVE SP2 Wheels (PP2 Replica)

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Can you post a pic of the OHTSU tires? I’m considering that set since the nittos are always sold out
What are your priorities for your tires? Unless it's absolute convenience, there's a very good chance that neither the Nitto nor Ohtsu tires are going to be best in class.

All I'm saying is consider just ordering the wheels and selecting your own tire combo. You may even be able to have the wheels drop-shipped to your local tire installer. This is a big purchase that you will be living with for years. Settling for your second choice may not be ideal...but it's your car! :D

Last edited:

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
What are your priorities for your tires? Unless it's absolute convenience, there's a very good chance that neither the Nitto nor Ohtsu tires are going to be best in class.

All I'm saying is consider just ordering the wheels and selecting your own tire combo. You may even be able to have the wheels drop-shipped to your local tire installer. This is a big purchase that you will be living with for years. Settling for your second choice may not be ideal...but it's your car! :D

What he said. I had my wheels shipped to my local Discount Tire from LMR. I let Discount Tire know ahead of time - they had zero issues with it.

Ummricki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricardo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6

Thanks for the reply man will definitely do that instead!

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
D4C88214-122A-4B99-99B9-C12DE99249B1.jpeg
Kinda dirty, lots of bugs…still trying to figure out why the wheels don’t look exactly like I hoped but I do like them. Still looking for real PP2 wheels… :)

Sponsored

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
I have the 285’s on the front. No complaints. I run their 305/45/22’s on my truck. The Ohtsu/Falken tires wear pretty well. I’ve got 30k on the truck tires and they don’t even look halfway worn.

45C9803B-5F14-430B-952F-DFDCD88F29B4.png

ArtieTheOneManParty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Does anyone have a recommendation on an impact socket for these wheels? I bought a set not realizing that the size is different on these lug nuts (DOH!). It appears that the supplied lugs are 3/4". I'm looking for an impact socket that won't scratch the wheels or the lug nuts, if that's possible. Or should I use the included adapter with a standard impact socket (seems like a recipe for a problem).

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have a recommendation on an impact socket for these wheels? I bought a set not realizing that the size is different on these lug nuts (DOH!). It appears that the supplied lugs are 3/4". I'm looking for an impact socket that won't scratch the wheels or the lug nuts, if that's possible. Or should I use the included adapter with a standard impact socket (seems like a recipe for a problem).
Your local automotive or hardware store will have automotive lug nut sockets - thin walled chrome or rubber shrouded. Normal sockets are usually too thick walled, and don't have the clearance you want.

They're probably actually 19mm metric, but that's damn close to 3/4"

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Anybody else find these hold water against the hub? I pulled mine off after only being on for a few months and there was a ton of corrosion on my hubs.

The factory wheels have channels cut into them to let the water drain. I'm not too keen on grinding away material...

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Anybody else find these hold water against the hub? I pulled mine off after only being on for a few months and there was a ton of corrosion on my hubs.

The factory wheels have channels cut into them to let the water drain. I'm not too keen on grinding away material...
I very very rarely drive in the rain, but after a couple rainy drives recently I've already noticed rusty water stains coming from the center caps on a couple of the wheels, so yeah that checks out.

Sponsored

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
I very very rarely drive in the rain, but after a couple rainy drives recently I've already noticed rusty water stains coming from the center caps on a couple of the wheels, so yeah that checks out.
It's been so dry the car hasn't seen rain since the wheels are on. This is just from washes...
I slathered the hubs in anti-seez. Hoping that helps.

GTIIIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
So, I just got (4) 19x11's from a fellow member and need the front spacers, longer studs, and lug nut recommendations.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)