New LMR SVE SP2 Wheels (PP2 Replica)

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
What the hell? You’re right.
Why?
Trying to find out why...I've contacted them.
I don't really need them until spring 2021so if it's a supply issue I'll wait. I was going to buy them early due to the fact they sell like hot cakes but I can wait...
Sponsored

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Trying to find out why...I've contacted them.
I don't really need them until spring 2021so if it's a supply issue I'll wait. I was going to buy them early due to the fact they sell like hot cakes but I can wait...
I have a buddy that works for LMR. I sent him a message to see if he knows why they were pulled.

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
@HeelToeHero @MRGTX @opengl128 They have not been discontinued as it is one of their most popular wheels.

They are going to be back in stock but no clue when. The manufacturer kept pushing the ETA back, and back and back. They decided to pull them from the website until they have stock in hand.

Once they get them back, they will go back up on the site. At this point he can't even guess as to when they will be back in stock.

BLUE DEVIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Prem - Perf Pack
@HeelToeHero @MRGTX @opengl128 They have not been discontinued as it is one of their most popular wheels.

They are going to be back in stock but no clue when. The manufacturer kept pushing the ETA back, and back and back. They decided to pull them from the website until they have stock in hand.

Once they get them back, they will go back up on the site. At this point he can't even guess as to when they will be back in stock.
Thought that might be a possibility too. Which is good, cause my ultimate goal is to get the SP2's on my car at some point.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Here is LMR's response:

The SVE SP2 wheels have been taken off of the website due to them being out of stock for quite some time now. Unfortunately, it has been hard to get the wheels back in especially with COVID causing many issues with manufacturing. Once we receive more of the SP2 wheels back in stock we will be re-listing it on the website. I do recommend keeping an eye on our website as we will be putting the wheels back on the site once we have plenty in stock. If you have any questions email me or give me a call and I will gladly assist you. Have a nice day.

Thank You

Sponsored

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base

Thank you for sharing the update.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Last edited:

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944

Sponsored

gismo4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
I wonder if whomever was “replicating” them received a letter from Ford’s (or originating manufacturer’s) lawyers to cease and desist production?

Unless there is another reason (previously noted metal fatigue/cracking)?
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/lmr-sve-sp2-wheels-cracking.130423/
I thought the same thing, but as someone just replied, LMR stated it's simply because they have no idea when they'll get a new shipment. These wheels are really popular, so I believe they decided to remove it from the site to reduce the influx of queries.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
No, see above. It's a supply issue with no line of sight on when stock will be replenished.
Have you seen the rest of the SVE lineup? If there was a cease and desist letter I doubt it would be for just one model.
whoops - did not see the prior thread today and missed the above - edited comment... LOL

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
I knew I should have grabbed those sve sp2s when I had a chance. Thank you all for the explanation as I was wondering what had happened.

BrandonS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium A6
Update on LMR wheels. Spoke with LMR today and their wheel manufacturer in China had shut down due to covid.... They have made the decision to remain closed indefinitely. LMR has retrieved their molds and will be having them made by another vendor. They anticipate having them back in stock by 12/8 as of right now.

50Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Corsair & 1990 Mustang GT. 2019 Mustang GT PP2 (Sold), 2019 Lincoln MKZ (Sold), 2017 Mustang GT PP (Sold), 2009 Civic Si (Sold)
If anyone wants a set of OEM PP2 wheels with Cup 2s, feel free to PM me. Been having the itch to get a different set of shoes.
Sponsored