New LMR SVE SP2 Wheels (PP2 Replica)

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Are you just trolling? Because if no, you're dreadfully ignorant about many aspects of wheel manufacturing and quality.
Oy vey! Come back when you have something constructive to add.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Oy vey! Come back when you have something constructive to add.
Nothing you've stated thus far has been. It's only been to state that these aren't good for track use, implicitly if not literally, without anything to back up that claim.

"Forged, must be"
"Why? Why not flow formed?"

Your answer? Please, with some facts. Are Apex wheels also not good enough, despite having a stellar reputation for being great track wheels at an affordable price?

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
The OEM PP2 wheels will not fit any other Mustang other than a PP2. Glad LMR finally released these! Wondering if the OEM center caps will fit?
Not true .I have a pair powder coated gloss black run a 285 tire on the front no poke 325is in the rear Michelin PS4s
20181025_124749.jpg
IMG_20180705_171612_06.jpg

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
Nothing you've stated thus far has been. It's only been to state that these aren't good for track use, implicitly if not literally, without anything to back up that claim.

"Forged, must be"
"Why? Why not flow formed?"

Your answer? Please, with some facts. Are Apex wheels also not good enough, despite having a stellar reputation for being great track wheels at an affordable price?
No, that's what you inferred without bothering to ask. The ignorance is on your part.

I already said, I want lightweight (true) PP2 replicas. Never said anything about track use, quality of these wheels, or their construction.

I also don't ascribe labels to others for their choices, and would suggest that those who'd like to be taken seriously don't either. We're all performance enthusiasts here, regardless the reason.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
No, that's what you inferred without bothering to ask. The ignorance is on your part.

I already said, I want lightweight (true) PP2 replicas. Never said anything about track use, quality of these wheels, or their construction.

I also don't ascribe labels to others for their choices, and would suggest that those who'd like to be taken seriously don't either. We're all performance enthusiasts here, regardless the reason.
And some people want wheels for things other than just looks.
So I guess by your standards, we should all be driving yugos, because only 'baller true racer' types need more performance than that, and anything in excess of that is just for show?
So what else are you implying here, besides track use? I'm really trying to understand your criticism of these wheels without giving specifics of the requirements that only a fully forged wheel with factory size and offset provides.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
So what else are you implying here, besides track use? I'm really trying to understand your criticism of these wheels without giving specifics of the requirements that only a fully forged wheel with factory size and offset provides.
I'm not implying anything. I want a true lightweight PP2 replica. I believe a forged wheel would be even lighter than a flow formed wheel, would it not? Seems like forged wheels in this size run about 20 pounds. This wheel at 24 pounds is a serious improvement over the OEM wheel, but I believe it could be lighter, and I want OEM fitment (size/offset) on my car. The 'poke' doesn't bother me, and I trust Ford knew what they were doing when they designed these wheels for this car. It's about performance, not looks.

kirbster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Not true .I have a pair powder coated gloss black run a 285 tire on the front no poke 325is in the rear Michelin PS4s
20181025_124749.jpg
IMG_20180705_171612_06.jpg
OK my bad. Lol at the other replies. I didn't think the wheels would clear but obviously I was wrong. Maybe it is just the tires that won't clear? Also saw this video on CJ. Fast forward to 6 minutes.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not implying anything. I want a true lightweight PP2 replica. I believe a forged wheel would be even lighter than a flow formed wheel, would it not? Seems like forged wheels in this size run about 20 pounds. This wheel at 24 pounds is a serious improvement over the OEM wheel, but I believe it could be lighter, and I want OEM fitment (size/offset) on my car. The 'poke' doesn't bother me, and I trust Ford knew what they were doing when they designed these wheels for this car. It's about performance, not looks.
Ford had to put together a package in a budget. There is compromise in the package for the sake of limiting investment. The reason the poke is there is because of that (there was not going to be any new fenders for this package, wayyyy too expensive). That said, you're right that the track widths they chose are purposeful for performance but also purely meeting minimum clearance requirements. What you should also know is that a 19x11 +50 on the front with a 25 mm spacer and extended studs will nearly put a 305 tire in the exact same spot as the factory width and offset. I worked for FoMoCo in engineering for a few years before deciding to return to Chicago. Don't think that every specification has been optimized to the best of what's possible. There is compromise for cost, mass production process, tolerance stack-up protection and many more attributes all over these cars.

My survey of the landscape shows fully forged wheels in 19x11" in the low 20s for weight. If you're using your car in a way where that 2 lbs really improves your performance, like a competitive/racing environment, great. For the rest of us plebian car enthusiasts, I'll save my $2500-3000 and use it on a bunch more RE71Rs to go fast. Diminishing returns are a thing.

Anyway!
These wheels look awesome and are a big weight save for most coming from PP wheels or similar. My planned 19x11 square setup for track use may end up being these wheels. Until then the 19x9.5 will have to do.

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
OK my bad. Lol at the other replies. I didn't think the wheels would clear but obviously I was wrong. Maybe it is just the tires that won't clear? Also saw this video on CJ. Fast forward to 6 minutes.

If I put a 305 up front it would poke. I seen another member change his tire put 285s without poke. BTW they do weigh 31lbs in rear and 32lbs in front. I weighed them before powder coating.

Sponsored

italianstallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
Anybody notice the price bump from yesterday? Could’ve swore these were $265 a wheel and now they’re at $305

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody notice the price bump from yesterday? Could’ve swore these were $265 a wheel and now they’re at $305
Yeah they probably realized their package price was significantly more expensive than buying 4 wheels individually and fixed the price discrepancy.

italianstallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
Yeah they probably realized their package price was significantly more expensive than buying 4 wheels individually and fixed the price discrepancy.
Yeah that’s what I figure, or there’s a sitewide sale coming up. For someone like me who already has the lug nuts it’s just an added expense for something I already have, so slightly bummed.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
Ford had to put together a package in a budget. There is compromise in the package for the sake of limiting investment. The reason the poke is there is because of that (there was not going to be any new fenders for this package, wayyyy too expensive). That said, you're right that the track widths they chose are purposeful for performance but also purely meeting minimum clearance requirements. What you should also know is that a 19x11 +50 on the front with a 25 mm spacer and extended studs will nearly put a 305 tire in the exact same spot as the factory width and offset. I worked for FoMoCo in engineering for a few years before deciding to return to Chicago. Don't think that every specification has been optimized to the best of what's possible. There is compromise for cost, mass production process, tolerance stack-up protection and many more attributes all over these cars.

My survey of the landscape shows fully forged wheels in 19x11" in the low 20s for weight. If you're using your car in a way where that 2 lbs really improves your performance, like a competitive/racing environment, great. For the rest of us plebian car enthusiasts, I'll save my $2500-3000 and use it on a bunch more RE71Rs to go fast. Diminishing returns are a thing.

Anyway!
These wheels look awesome and are a big weight save for most coming from PP wheels or similar. My planned 19x11 square setup for track use may end up being these wheels. Until then the 19x9.5 will have to do.
I do like the weight reduction on these versus OEM. 19x11 on the front is interesting. I like the breakaway characteristic of the SC2 on the 10.5 inch rim. I assume it would slip sooner on an 11 inch wheel. Thoughts?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I do like the weight reduction on these versus OEM. 19x11 on the front is interesting. I like the breakaway characteristic of the SC2 on the 10.5 inch rim. I assume it would slip sooner on an 11 inch wheel. Thoughts?
The opposite. On an 11" it'll be more progressive slip. That's one of the reasons the PP2 rears are 11".

ARP 1" extended studs up front plus some hubcentric slip on 25 mm spacers and you'll be good to go. The 19x11 +50 offset with that setup is very popular for square track setups, and is a robust joint.
Sponsored