MuddyFunster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hi All,

Long time Lurker, finally got a reason to post on here :like: I'm finding this forum a valuable resource, and you all seem like a decent bunch of folks :clap:

The missus bought a 2019 Mustang last year, which of course as chief maintainer/cleaner/advisor I (sometimes) get to drive. After a brief unscheduled encounter with a kerb, we took the opportunity to have some extra cosmetic work done by the guys down at 360 Alloys in Reading. The result:

20210123_150016.jpg

Work done:
  1. Colour matched the chin, side and rear skirts - to get rid of the 'horrible scratchy grey plastic' as the missus put it
  2. Red Calipers
  3. Ceramic paint treatment
  4. Rear screen and quarters tinted
  5. Black badges
  6. Side Scoops
Stage two involves sorting out its stance; I would like to lower the suspension and maybe space out the wheels. This is where I need help from you peeps on what's the best approach here.
  1. I'm looking at the Steeda Sport Progressive Springs (Magnaride) - any feedback/alternatives over these? The vehicle is (almost) a daily driver and will very rarely hit the track - Also looking at the IRS Base Pack - as, well, seems to be something worth doing 'while I'm there'?
  2. Spacers: Seeing a fair bit of debate about these and also concern about fitting them to the front of Magnaride equipped cars. I'm aware what the issue is (Longer wheel studs on Magnaride) Are there any alternate/recommended methods of fitment - other than new wheels?

Thanks in advance for any advice - and sorry about the state of my garage...... and guttering......and roof..... (there's something else taking up all my time at the moment)

/MuddyFunster (AKA Phil)
Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Springs and spacers will give it an awesome stance. You forgot to add the performance mods :like:

I ran stock wheels with 1 inch drop and 25mm spacers all round - you'll have the chip issue with this setup.
Currently running 20 inch wheels, 1 inch drop and no spacers.

OP
OP
MuddyFunster

MuddyFunster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Springs and spacers will give it an awesome stance. You forgot to add the performance mods :like:

I ran stock wheels with 1 inch drop and 25mm spacers all round - you'll have the chip issue with this setup.
Currently running 20 inch wheels, 1 inch drop and no spacers.
Hi,

Thanks for the advice, didn't think about stone chips.

Performance mods are in phase three, still researching those :like:

/Phil

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Performance mods are in phase three, still researching those :like:
Glad to see Women are taking on Mustang ownership, good for you both!

I would recommend caution when deciding to increase engine output.
I've learnt (the hard way) that for example, going FI is a shit-show because of the OPF.
Anything you decide to buy, any system you decide to have installed.
Ask the manufacturer / vendor what the down-stream outcomes will be if you have their system installed. Specifically with respect to the OPF and CATs.
Furthermore, some installers, service suppliers, are better than others, so ask around and keep an eye open for comments on threads about certain workshops.
Just my experience.

Really hope both of you are and continue to enjoy the Mustang, it looks great!
:like:

Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to see Women are taking on Mustang ownership, good for you both!
It does make xmas, birthday and valentines gifts easier :cwl:

I've learnt (the hard way) that for example, going FI is a shit-show because of the OPF.
Emissions failures or tuning restrictions ?

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
Hi All,

Long time Lurker, finally got a reason to post on here :like: I'm finding this forum a valuable resource, and you all seem like a decent bunch of folks :clap:

The missus bought a 2019 Mustang last year, which of course as chief maintainer/cleaner/advisor I (sometimes) get to drive. After a brief unscheduled encounter with a kerb, we took the opportunity to have some extra cosmetic work done by the guys down at 360 Alloys in Reading. The result:

20210123_150016.jpg

Work done:
  1. Colour matched the chin, side and rear skirts - to get rid of the 'horrible scratchy grey plastic' as the missus put it
  2. Red Calipers
  3. Ceramic paint treatment
  4. Rear screen and quarters tinted
  5. Black badges
  6. Side Scoops
Stage two involves sorting out its stance; I would like to lower the suspension and maybe space out the wheels. This is where I need help from you peeps on what's the best approach here.
  1. I'm looking at the Steeda Sport Progressive Springs (Magnaride) - any feedback/alternatives over these? The vehicle is (almost) a daily driver and will very rarely hit the track - Also looking at the IRS Base Pack - as, well, seems to be something worth doing 'while I'm there'?
  2. Spacers: Seeing a fair bit of debate about these and also concern about fitting them to the front of Magnaride equipped cars. I'm aware what the issue is (Longer wheel studs on Magnaride) Are there any alternate/recommended methods of fitment - other than new wheels?

Thanks in advance for any advice - and sorry about the state of my garage...... and guttering......and roof..... (there's something else taking up all my time at the moment)

/MuddyFunster (AKA Phil)
Hi I have magnaride and fitted ford GT350r lowering springs with spacers 25mm front 20mm rear need to trim rear studs down about 3mm

BAC2973D-AE0A-41E8-97A3-4DCD59FA33E5.jpeg

3C3F06F6-951B-48EF-B8F1-BEFBB38CDEF6.jpeg
Sponsored