Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
I just think it would be easier for Ford to bring out a Mach1 than a GT500. 2018 Mach1 FTW !
It could be, but really, they'd be developed by two different teams. So, one easier than the other doesn't really come into play. Its just a matter of what their timing targets are, and how well they meet them.

I think its fair to say (based on what we know) that Ford is working on 1) an S550 update for '18MY, 2) an upgrade or replacement for GT350, and 3) a special edition car. More detail than that is mere speculation for anyone not involved in the project. The timing of how they all come together is anyone's guess, but I'd bet that the priority is in that same order. But, priority and timing doesn't always work out that way. One thing that is probably safe to say is that 2) & 3) are dependent on 1). Beyond that is (again) anyone's guess...
Sponsored

Reactions: HCT

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
The GT500 will be a 2 year run. If the S650 is coming in 2020, the GT500 will be here for 2018 and 2019 MY. Would be nice to hear some info from Ford by Jan. 2017.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
It is almost mid June and still no word from Ford about a GT500. I think Ford knows interest is still high for the GT350. Why would Ford feel the need to build a GT500 in the next couple of years ?

HCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
It is almost mid June and still no word from Ford about a GT500. I think Ford knows interest is still high for the GT350. Why would Ford feel the need to build a GT500 in the next couple of years ?
Because they like profit?

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
To compete with the competition?? :shrug:
lol

Sponsored

Bubbachunks

Forever Ford!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Millenium Falcon
To build a car that can smoke the rattle-trap corvette?

Silver_Bullet_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rashad
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Apparently, Dodge is making the hellcat a twin supercharged 900hp. I'm only guessing that's the reason Ford hasn't said anything about anything.

Silver_Bullet_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rashad
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium
They are?!?!
Link please. I'd love to read about it. :thumbsup:
the General Sales manager at the dodge dealership next to me told me. he went to some place that was talking about future dodge vehicles. i don't know if he was pulling my leg or not. it was just my thought as to why Ford hasn't given us any info

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
How do you "twin supercharge"???? I'm callin BS

Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I don't know about "twin supercharged", but Dodge is very seriously considering dumping RWD on their high performance vehicles...

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
How do you "twin supercharge"???? I'm callin BS
I, too, am cynical that Dodge would twin supercharge the Hellcats. However, it has been done before......

http://www.astonmartin.com/en/heritage/past-models/vantage

I honestly don't think we'll see anything resembling proof of the GT500 for a good year or 18 months.

I'm not convinced Ford will hit the 50th anniversary of the first one (it'd need to be a '17 model for that)......and we've barely seen evidence of the '18MY facelifted "standard" car, which I'd assume the GT500 would be based on. Perhaps once the '18MY has been launched (2017 Detroit show?) then we'll see camo'd GT500s on the street.

Before that, any "proof" will need to come from leaked documents/brochures, which is, IIRC, how the GT350 became "real". :)

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
I, too, am cynical that Dodge would twin supercharge the Hellcats. However, it has been done before......

http://www.astonmartin.com/en/heritage/past-models/vantage

I honestly don't think we'll see anything resembling proof of the GT500 for a good year or 18 months.

I'm not convinced Ford will hit the 50th anniversary of the first one (it'd need to be a '17 model for that)......and we've barely seen evidence of the '18MY facelifted "standard" car, which I'd assume the GT500 would be based on. Perhaps once the '18MY has been launched (2017 Detroit show?) then we'll see camo'd GT500s on the street.

Before that, any "proof" will need to come from leaked documents/brochures, which is, IIRC, how the GT350 became "real". :)
It's hard to believe that Ford will miss GT500 50th anniversary. Hellcat already way over weight, for Fiat to slap in conventional Twin SC without any changed to reduce weight and bigger tires is beyond imagination.
Sponsored