Sponsored

NEW INFO ON GT500

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
I could see the GT500 having AWD and at the same time with that setup I can see it costing over 85k too. Probably closer to 100k.
Sponsored

HCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
I could see the GT500 having AWD and at the same time with that setup I can see it costing over 85k too. Probably closer to 100k.
LOL, this reminds me of the guessing of prices before the Hellcats came out. Let's remember the GT500 doesn't exist in a vacuum. The ZL1 and Hellcats are out there. They know who buys these cars and a $100K Mustang would be sales suicide.

re: AWD, we can look at a car like the Taurus and see it adds $1800 to the sticker. Figure in that there's a lot of profit there; it's not like their cost is that much. But also figure that the parts for a Mustang are going to be way heavier-duty. Let's round up and say that AWD would add about $2K.

Even with AWD, I'd expect the GT500 to be in the mid- to high-$60K range.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

That was shown at SEMA 2012 or 2013, why are you posting that in this thread? The lead engineer on that project has since passed away and his colleagues made it fairly clear it was just a fun project and was never intended to hint at any future projects, either production or racing.

re: AWD, we can look at a car like the Taurus and see it adds $1800 to the sticker. Figure in that there's a lot of profit there; it's not like their cost is that much. But also figure that the parts for a Mustang are going to be way heavier-duty. Let's round up and say that AWD would add about $2K.

Even with AWD, I'd expect the GT500 to be in the mid- to high-$60K range.

The Taurus chassis was designed from the beginning for AWD, hence the low option cost since you are only adding components. The S550 chassis has no such engineering beginnings so don't think the option of AWD would be so cheap.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
That was shown at SEMA 2012 or 2013, why are you posting that in this thread? The lead engineer on that project has since passed away and his colleagues made it fairly clear it was just a fun project and was never intended to hint at any future projects, either production or racing.
Topnotch is seldom wrong. It might not be that exact engine, but something similar.

I'll admit, as much as I'd love an Ecoboost V8, I'm not expecting one. However, when Topnotch posts, I listen :thumbsup:

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
The Taurus chassis was designed from the beginning for AWD, hence the low option cost since you are only adding components. The S550 chassis has no such engineering beginnings so don't think the option of AWD would be so cheap.
I'm not convinced the Mustang will go AWD, but... using the Focus RS as an example, the Focus was absolutely not designed with AWD in mind and they made it work in there. In the "making of" documentary they mentioned some of the things they had to do to make it fit. They also appear to have done it cost effectively as it's in the same price range as other AWD compacts.

Sponsored

FiveLiterDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
TT V8 and 5.2 CPC is what I've heard as well I don't know if they're one in the same.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT

Oh, it was more than just "at" the SEMA show. Maybe you aren't just indicating that it was merely a beauty piece (just reading text here), but that program was a fairly well thought out and developed "experiment". It is 100% relevant to the topic of the next GT500.

You don't find it interesting that FP only gave a very rough proclamation on what kind of power they made out of that powertrain and that this program has seemed to magically go very hush-hush soon after? Also, the fact that it has been said several times by several key FMC high-profile employees that their thing is "Ecoboost technology" and that they want to expand upon it into their performance product line up?

There were very, very clear Easter Egg hints of this and in regards to the Ford GT in the GT350/Ford Performance videos put out by Ford and in other interviews.

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
Nice packaging
GT500tt.jpg

Sponsored

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)